Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucka001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to post
    Posted: April 10 2021 at 10:50
Hi, I was trying to post a video in the 'Prog Bands, Artists, and Genres Appreciation' thread. I was signed in and I've been a member for years, and got this message (below). Have the rules changed or is this just a glitch? Thanks.

jc
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 10:52
What's the message?

I believe there are some issues with posting videos and there is a thread about it somewhere.
bucka001 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucka001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 10:53

Sorry, here's the message I got...

jc
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 11:00
Originally posted by bucka001 bucka001 wrote:

Sorry, here's the message I got...

I get this sometimes but what I wrote still gets posted.
I also get a message that says spamming not permitted LOL, but the message still gets posted. I don't know, a glitch maybe. Check again whether what you wrote got posted or not. 
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 11:05
This forum and site has issues.  It's an error that I have experienced very many times and can be very frustrating.  I suggest clearing your cookies,  and maybe trying a different browser. Sometimes I find that quoting another post, then editing it out, helps to get around it and I can then get my message posted.  I'm in the habit of copying my post most of the time in case of errors (though I can usually go back and retrieve my post if I forget), then I will log-out and try logging back in again.  And sometimes it has gone through for me despite the error message, but usually not.

Edited by Logan - April 10 2021 at 11:06
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 12:16
I've had "that" message, when it took quite some time between opening up the Full Reply Editor and pressing the Post Reply button, as far as I remember. Though, I'm not sure if it was related to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply