Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which prog band would you join? And why?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 10:17
Originally posted by Progishness Progishness wrote:

Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

If I could travel back in time and be in the late 60s and early 70s in my late teens and early 20s (I was born 1969) I would love to be part of the wild bunch of either Amon Düül II, Hawkwind or Gong, probably slightly preferring the Düüls (though on second thoughts when thinking of Stacia... Forbidden fruit; I am happily married to Jean, though I am certain she wouldn't mind a threesome with Stacia. Or with Renate). I would play drums and sing.

I have Stacia on my Twitter - she's a lovely lady, but doesn't tweet very often. Tho I never did get to a Hawkwind gig back in the day when she was their 'dancer'.

Any chance of you tweeting the voluptuous Stacia and asking whether she would, in fact, be willing to have a threesome with the Baldies? This is the burning question in progdom, and requires answering as a matter of the utmost urgency.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 11:24
I could try, but she hasn't tweeted since January.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 11:33
I would join today's Yes, in order to get rid of all of the present musicians and then invite and play triangle with Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Rabin and Levin...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2021 at 01:10
As a kid it was to play drums in ELP (this surely doesn't need any explanation although it would be nice if, as well as watching my hero play keyboards, I could also have the talent and ripped physique of Carl Palmer lol). But I am so lazy I would be better off playing drums in AC/DC or ZZ Top LOL
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2021 at 02:24
It's a nice game, let's say I'd be the top skilled musician I always wanted to be but never was, and even be respected enough to have a proper effect on that band... I'd probably join Tangerine Dream in 1983 (no attempt to mess around with anything they did earlier) and inject some Holger Czukay-type experimental spirit and genius throwing in field recordings, radio snippets, and soundscapes to make the sugar go away and have some more adventure than they had, in my ears, after that time.

Edited by Lewian - April 16 2021 at 02:25
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2021 at 03:02
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

It's a nice game, let's say I'd be the top skilled musician I always wanted to be but never was, and even be respected enough to have a proper effect on that band... I'd probably join Tangerine Dream in 1983 (no attempt to mess around with anything they did earlier) and inject some Holger Czukay-type experimental spirit and genius throwing in field recordings, radio snippets, and soundscapes to make the sugar go away and have some more adventure than they had, in my ears, after that time.

Yes, after "Hyperborea" and the live album "Logos" Tangerine Dream are found wanting.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2021 at 23:48
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

I would join today's Yes, in order to get rid of all of the present musicians and then invite and play triangle with Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Rabin and Levin...

Well played! Clap
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2021 at 00:48
I’d probably join Dream Theater as the new trombonist
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Cylli Kat (0fficial) View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cylli Kat (0fficial) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 18:45
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I would have liked to join the Beatles but Lennon and McCartney would have been jealous of finally having a good songwriter in the group.

Now THAT was freakin' funny!!!
LOL
(Insert Clever Words Here)
I'm actually this guy: Cylli Kat
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 22:56
Can or Neu. I could be a multi-instrumentalist doing a bit of this and that or just make extra racket. It would be amazing to see how they worked in the studio and take part in it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234