Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daily Doug Reaction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2021 at 08:44
I'm more in the dr wu camp on these videos, but any contributor that can elicit such positive reactions from members would be a welcome addition to PA.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2021 at 08:47
There's a lot of reaction videos out there. The ones I find the most interesting are usually the ones by African American listeners because typically they haven't been exposed to prog or in many cases rock in general. I find that many of them are open minded and willing to listen to different things. But they don't have to be black to be good. I enjoyed Rich and Kel's videos too even though he's already a bit of a prog fan. His wife Kelly apparently wasn't allowed to listen to anything that wasn't classical growing up since it's good to hear her reactions too. 

Anyway, I think I saw part of one of Doug's reaction videos(when he did close to the edge). 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - June 11 2021 at 08:51
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2021 at 12:48
Hi,

The main thing I am not sure I care about, is JustJP's making personal comments about the music. I am not sure that "comparing" the music to his likes and dislikes is a good thing when discussing music and its effect on people ... and I'm not sure that JustJP has any idea how huge the crowd that sees and appreciates MAGMA really is, in so many places on this earth, and then making the kind of comments he did about the vocals, and his wanting more female vocals than otherwise. 

Daily Doug sticks a bit more to the music itself, and does not exactly make personal comments, although he makes the point that when he sees moments that are musically challenging and neat, and specially well done, he makes sure that you and I know about it. That's an observational comment about the quality and the technicality of it, which is always nice to hear ... something that is not always associated with popular music of almost any kind. 

I think that starting with ATTACK is NOT a good idea ... JustJP should have started with MDK so he could get a much better idea of how long, and how much MAGMA has done, and if you did not hear anything all the way to ZESS, it's really hard to not realize that this is very different and great band and it has stood out doing its time!

Again, I keep hoping that Daily Doug can do a lot of more "adventurous" music, not just well known bands ... but things that are way more out of the norm. Maybe he will see Henry Cow (or the like) and many other things that not many folks can get their ear around as much ... where the mechanics of the composition make the whole thing a lot better for new ears.

Either way, both are fine, although I prefer DD's musicality instead of comparisons to one's preferences.

Edited by moshkito - June 12 2021 at 05:36
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 00:03
Enjoy!! Great stuff............

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 05:39
Hi,

It was fine to hear his reactions to RELAYER, but all in all, seeing him do the same bands over and over, is a bit too much.

PROGRESSIVE and PROG have way too much music out there, for some folks to think that only 4 or 5 bands are worthy of the distinction, and I find that idea really bad for the history of Progressive Music.

He needs to do some other material that is more challenging, not the same old stuff.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 07:53
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

He needs to do some other material that is more challenging, not the same old stuff.
Agree. Two reactions of Yes material is one too many. Waiting for reactions to Thinking Plague, Henry Cow, Yugen, Ornette Coleman, and Philip Glass' "4'33"".
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 08:38
You realize he does this for an audience and he's inundated with requests, if you look at the comments.  So he's just trying to satisfy some of the most-requested.  It would be good to see a few weeks of various other artists and genres, too, but I also understand his wanting to both appease his fans and keep his own numbers up.  
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 09:09
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

You realize he does this for an audience and he's inundated with requests, if you look at the comments.  So he's just trying to satisfy some of the most-requested.  It would be good to see a few weeks of various other artists and genres, too, but I also understand his wanting to both appease his fans and keep his own numbers up.  
Yes ma'am I realize if he doesn't keep his numbers up he gets paid less.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 10:03
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Yes ma'am I realize if he doesn't keep his numbers up he gets paid less.
Money makes the world go 'round and 'round.....and viewers keep his channel up and running. Although I could sense Doug was not 100% into the song, as he mentioned comparing CTTE and how that pc affected him vs Gates. Gates is a pretty crazy song with stuff happening in bunches. 
Was glad he mentioned Chris Squire's playing and sound which he is spot on, Chris has a very thick, fat bass sound which makes him the heart of the Yes sound and Steven Wilson did an excellent job at bringing that sound out on this remix.
I might see him doing something even more non accessible like Cow, Yugen or even CAN but we all know the viewer numbers would drop as well the comments would not be as positive. In the common world of rock music, him doing CTTE, Gates, Octavarium is about as far as he can go to keep interest, I was surprised he did VdGG but I doubt he does anymore. People will watch only to hear his theories but not to hear the music and the wacked out world of prog. I have not seen him do any jazz, but that would be cool.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 10:10
At least he does hardcore prog.  The farthest Rick Beato ventured into prog-Genesis was Dance On A Volcano.  He NEVER did Gabriel-Genesis.  
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 11:07
I'd like to hear more of his reactions (even if he already knows the music) on classical music.  I guessed he might be Christian from one of his comments in his video on A Plague ("Only Jesus walks on water"), and so would like to hear him do something on Tallis' Lamentations of Jeremiah or is he wants really well-known, Spem in allium.

He has his audience, and I get he has his business model, but they'd probably to be taken on a musical journey with him as well and discover new to them music (I'm sure many do).  I love soundtracks and would love to hear his take on various soundtracks. He'll do what he wants to do and feels pays the bills (I don't know the model he is using -- most I know use Patreon).

If he hasn't already, I do think she should seriously consider doing a podcast or putting those up in podcast form.  Reaction videos are not perfect for podcasts.  Podcasts are huge, and I would rather listen to a podcast generally than watch and listen to a  video, and it's easy to subscribe on podcast rss feed (I use Acast).   With one of his, I just listened as youtube audio.

I found this about him: http://www.rdouglashelvering.com/

I see he's done a lot of religious compositions for choral music (I adore choral music).  Interesting, because I thought about him doing Tallis before I even read that.  Well, I love Tallis. Tallis is da bomb as the kids say.

Nickie, if your are in contact with him, please mention the podcast thing (unless he is already doing it).  I can help set that up and add him to feeds, and maybe help get him as a guest on other podcasts, which is really useful to gain a wide and diverse audience.  I very much doubt that he would he need or want my help, but the offer is there.  I think he's a good educator and seems like a good guy, and so it would be my pleasure to help even in small ways.  My parents have been good friends with a well-known American born Canadian composer and educator, and I wonder if I might set up a conversation between those two about classical music.  Just an idea, I wouldn't want to be an imposition on a family friend.  Maybe I'll try to email Doug, but he probably gets lots and lots of emails..

Edited by Logan - June 12 2021 at 11:21
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 11:23
I certainly will, he did say he'd come back and do another show after a while with Tony Romero, but I'm not on first-name terms with him.

I agree a podcast would be more in depth, and perhaps good, if he wanted to take the time to do other types music, especially, or look at a few at a time, with various themes.

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 11:49
^ Thanks Nickie.  While I am an avid podcast listener, I actually haven't listened to many music podcasts.  It's a huge market and I think it has some big advantages over youtube.  I love the fact that people can really go deep in those, or not, and it can be well researched and/or extemporaneous.  That one can do other things while listening helps.  If I were a content creator, I should be as I have little better to do that is fulfilling, I'd want to be utilising various platforms (unless I had some exclusive contract).  A podcast audience is potentially huge. I was asked to do a sci-fi podcast long before podcasts became a big thing, and it's one of my biggest regrets that I didn't commit to it.  It was only a few years ago that I became big on podcasts (always liked audio dramas and audio comedies and the like, largely BBC radio stuff).  
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2021 at 09:44

Hi,

Requests or not, the mark of a true navigator in music, or any art for that matter, is the person that goes on and on, to bigger and better things. 

It is way too easy to think that money is what drives it, and that's like saying that the folks that go see a Magma concert or a VdGG/PH concert, would not help the channel, possibly not as much due to the numbers, but in the end, the percentages would be the same ... thus making it all relative. AND, I might add, that I think that most folks see things on the tube because it is FREE ... thus the ability to get more folks to help is probably not as big as we think!

I doubt that the audience that has been listening to the stuff he does is so smug and uneducated as to just listen to 2 or 3 bands ... and then request more by the same band. I have no qualms with him pulling out DT, because there is some serious musicianship in there hidden behind it all, and too many folks that like the band, still think the early material is better, when musically it is probably not as strong while still being a quite nice ear candy!

I've stopped watching most of the stuff ... and cut out of RELAYER before half way was in, just to tell you that I did not find anything new in the whole thing, and while I liked it (it was the last YES album I ever bought!), in the end, I never felt it was as satisfying as TFTO at all, something that I would imagine he is afraid to tackle because it is way too far and "advanced" when it comes to progressive music, to the point that a lot of listeners don't like it as much since it does not have the "basic" melody that you can remember in your head, like the previous material.

We'll see what he does. Being a person who has studied music and knows its history well and differences, one would imagine that he can get his mind and teeth into things that are more challenging within the musical world, and rock music has a lot of them, enough that we still talk about them after all these years. 

But we can help the history of PROGRESSIVE MUSIC a lot better by sharing more material so folks find that there were a lot more than 2 countries that did experimental and progressive things differently. We kinda do that here on PA!

Edited by moshkito - June 13 2021 at 09:46
www.pedrosena.com
TheLionOfPrague View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLionOfPrague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2021 at 20:27
I don't think he makes any money with these videos. If you're playing music or any other copyrighted content, the money goes to the owners. 
I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2021 at 20:34
I didn't say monetization, I indicated numbers.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2021 at 00:21

I didn't say monetization, I indicated numbers.

He CAN start a Patreon if he wants to.  I am guessing he doesn't particularly need the money and doesn't mind the videos being demonetized.  Even then, I am sure a youtuber wants to reach a decent sized audience.  He is not speaking exclusively to a prog audience.  He has done metal videos too before.  So I don't see him going too far beyond the Big Five of prog.
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2021 at 02:50
A quick Google search led to this list of the "100 Greatest Progressive Rock Songs":

(from https://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_songs_progressive_rock.html)

1. 21st Century Schizoid Man - King Crimson (7:24)
2. Close to the Edge - Yes (18:50)
3. Thick as a Brick - Jethro Tull (43:46)
4. Supper's Ready - Genesis (22:54)
5. Roundabout - Yes (8:28)
6. Karn Evil 9 - Emerson, Lake & Palmer (29:37)
7. The Court of the Crimson King - King Crimson (9:26)
8. Shine on You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd (26:02)
9. 2112 - Rush (20:33)
10. Tarkus - Emerson, Lake & Palmer (20:35)
11. The Night: Nights in White Satin - The Moody Blues (7:38)
12. Tubular Bells - Mike Oldfield (49:16)
13. Firth of Fifth - Genesis (9:36)
14. The Gates Of Delirium - Yes (21:46)
15. Echoes - Pink Floyd (23:31)
16. Metropolis, Part 1: The Miracle And The Sleeper - Dream Theater (9:32)
17. Aqualung - Jethro Tull (6:34)
18. La Villa Strangiato - Rush (9:35)
19. Starless - King Crimson (12:18)
20. Peaches en Regalia - Frank Zappa (3:38)
21. Time - Pink Floyd (7:01)
22. Dancing With The Moonlit Knight - Genesis (8:02)
23. Tom Sawyer - Rush (4:33)
24. A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers - Van der Graaf Generator (23:04)
25. Halleluwah - Can (18:37)
26. Knots - Gentle Giant (4:11)
27. Schism - Tool (6:47)
28. Moonchild - King Crimson (12:13)
29. Larks' Tongues in Aspic - King Crimson (20:48)
30. Hocus Pocus - Focus (6:42)
31. Lady Fantasy - Camel (12:45)
32. Dogs - Pink Floyd (17:04)
33. Pull Me Under - Dream Theater (8:14)
34. Script for a Jester's Tear - Marillion (8:40)
35. The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Genesis (4:50)
36. Appena Un Po' - Premiata Forneria Marconi (7:44)
37. Atom Heart Mother Suite - Pink Floyd (23:44)
38. Moon in June - The Soft Machine (19:08)
39. L'Evoluzione - Banco del Mutuo Soccorso (13:59)
40. Epitaph - King Crimson (8:49)
41. Nine Feet Underground - Caravan (22:31)
42. The Sleepwalkers - Van der Graaf Generator (10:40)
43. Blackwater Park - Opeth (12:08)
44. Xanadu - Rush (11:05)
45. Yours Is No Disgrace - Yes (9:41)
46. Trilogy - Emerson, Lake & Palmer (8:54)
47. Hallogallo - Neu! (10:07)
48. Arriving Somewhere But Not Here - Porcupine Tree (12:02)
49. The Musical Box - Genesis (10:24)
50. Song of Scheherazade - Renaissance (24:39)
51. School - Supertramp (5:54)
52. Mėkanļk Kömmandöh - Magma (38:47)
53. The Divine Wings of Tragedy - Symphony X (20:42)
54. And You and I - Yes (9:59)
55. Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas (5:23)
56. Killer - Van der Graaf Generator (8:24)
57. Zarathustra - Museo Rosenbach (20:47)
58. Jordrök - Änglagård (11:11)
59. Histoires Sans Paroles - Harmonium (17:12)
60. Heart of the Sunrise - Yes (11:27)
61. Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres - Rush (18:08)
62. Vitamin C - Can (3:32)
63. Black Rose Immortal - Opeth (20:15)
64. Master Builder - Gong (6:07)
65. Widow's Peak - JQ (9:143)
66. Ommadawn - Mike Oldfield (32:51)
67. Pantagruel's Nativity - Gentle Giant (6:53)
68. Drip Drip - Comus (10:56)
69. Son et Lumiere/Inertiatic ESP - The Mars Volta (5:59)
70. Sea Song - Robert Wyatt (6:31)
71. Yoo Doo Right - Can (20:27)
72. Eyes of a Stranger - Queensr˙che (6:39)
73. Inca Roads - Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention (8:45)
74. I've Seen All Good People - Yes (6:46)
75. The Spirit of Radio - Rush (4:59)
76. Lateralus - Tool (9:27)
77. Red - King Crimson (6:20)
78. Phallus Dei - Amon Düül II (20:48)
79. Impressioni di settembre - Premiata Forneria Marconi (5:44)
80. A Change of Seasons - Dream Theater (23:09)
81. Nimrodel/The Procession/The White Rider - Camel (9:17)
82. A Louse Is Not a Home - Peter Hammill (12:13)
83. Poseidon's Creation - Eloy (11:38)
84. Śltimo Entardecer - Bacamarte (9:27)
85. In a Glass House - Gentle Giant (8:09)
86. YYZ - Rush (4:23)
87. Money - Pink Floyd (6:22)
88. Starship Trooper - Yes (9:36)
89. Future Days - Can (9:30)
90. The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys - Traffic (11:41)
91. Shadow of the Hierophant - Steve Hackett (11:44)
92. Mumps - Hatfield and the North (20:31)
93. Anesthetize - Porcupine Tree(17:43)
94. All of the Above - Transatlantic (31:00)
95. The Cinema Show - Genesis (11:10)
96. Beyond the Pale - Pain of Salvation (9:56)
97. Can't Be Long Now/Franēoise/For Richard/Warlock - Caravan (14:21)
98. Take a Pebble - Emerson, Lake & Palmer (12:32)
99. You Enjoy Myself - Phish (9:47)
100. In Held 'Twas in I' - Procol Harum (17:31)

And then the list continues with another 100 songs:

101. Rondo - The Nice (8:22)
102. Man Erg - Van der Graaf Generator (10:19)
103. Syberian Kathru - Yes (8:56)
104. Magnum Opus - Kansas (8:27)
105. Profondo Rosso - Goblin (4:56)
106. Krautrock - Faust (11:47)
107. The Odyssey - Symphony X (24:14)
108. Pigs (Three Different Ones) - Pink Floyd (11:28)
109. Flute Salad/Oily Way/Outer Temple/Inner Temple - Gong (6:56)
110. Slightly All the Time - The Soft Machine (18:12)
111. Stardust We Are - Flower Kings (25:02)
112. Bourée - Jethro Tull (3:46)
113. The Carpet Crawlers - Genesis (5:15)
114. The Czar - Mastodon (10:54)
115. Guardian - Fates Warning (7:33)
116. Harvest of Souls - IQ (24:29)
117. Stranger in Your Soul - Transatlantic (30:00)
118. Home - Dream Theater (12:53)
119. The Battle of Epping Forest - Genesis (11:43)
120. The Widow - The Mars Volta (5:51)
121. Songs from the Woods - Jethro Tull (5:52)
122. Hamburger Concerto - Focus (20:18)
123. Fool's Overture - Supertramp (10:52)
124. Sirius - The Alan Parsons Project (1:54)
125. Ęnema - Tool (6:39)
126. Crimson - Edge of Sanity (40:00)
127. Lunar Sea - Camel (9:03)
128. The Sixth Extinction - Ayreon (12:16)
129. R.I.P. - Banco del Mutuo Soccorso (6:40)
130. Tocatta - Emerson, Lake & Palmer (7:23)
131. Garden Party - Marillion (7:16)
132. Nine Funerals of the Citizen King - Henry Cow (5:34)
133. Anne of Cleves - Rick Wakeman (7:53)
134. Lizard - King Crimson (23:25)
135. Art for Art's Sake - 10cc (5:59)
136. Rhayader - Camel (3:01)
137. Second Life Syndrome - Riverside (15:40)
138. Red Barchetta - Rush (6:07)
139. Drive Home - Steven Wilson (7:37)
140. Roll Over Beethoven - Electric Light Orchestra (8:09)
141. Adventures in a Yorkshire Landscape - Be Bop Deluxe (3:23)
142. Question - The Moody Blues (5:44)
143. The Four Horsemen - Aphrodite's Child (5:33)
144. K.A - Magma (48:49)
145. The Light - Spock's Beard (15:32)
146. Us and Them - Pink Floyd (7:22)
147. Beautiful as the Moon - Terrible as an Army with Banners - Henry Cow & Slapp Happy (7:02)
148. The Life Auction - Strawbs (6:52)
149. Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft - Klaatu (7:14)
150. Is This the Life? - Cardiacs (5:39)
151. White Walls - Between the Buried and Me (14:13)
152. Dense - Univers Zero (12:26)
153. Post War, Saturday Echo - Quatermass (9:43)
154. Grendel - Marillion (17:15)
155. The Advent of Panurge - Gentle Giant (4:41)
156. Heavy Horses - Jethro Tull (8:58)
157. 10538 Overture - Electric Light Orchestra (5:32)
158. The Dance of Eternity - Dream Theater (6:13)
159. Russia on Ice - Porcupine Tree (13:03)
160. Frame by Frame - King Crimson (5:08)
161. The Great Gates of Kiev - Emerson, Lake & Palmer (6:27)
162. Soap Shop Rock - Amon Düül II (13:47)
163. Cassandra Gemini - The Mars Volta (32:32)
164. Suite Sister Mary - Queensr˙che (10:41)
165. The Perfect Element - Pain of Salvation (10:09)
166. Day Eleven: Love - Ayreon (4:18)
167. Suspiria - Goblin (6:01)
168. The Grand Wazoo - Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention (13:24)
169. Stranded - Khan (6:35)
170. Face of Melinda - Opeth (7:58)
171. Ashes are Burning - Renaissance (11:20)
172. Il Banchetto - Premiata Forneria Marconi (8:39)
173. Parabol/Parabola - Tool (9:07)
174. Opening Move - Gryphon (9:42)
175. In My Own Time - Family (3:35)
176. Isi - Neu! (5:06)
177. Piece of Mind - Curved Air (12:52)
178. La Faulx - Univers Zero (25:18)
179. Illusions on a Double Dimple - Triumvirat (23:25)
180. Minstrel in the Gallery - Jethro Tull (8:13)
181. From Silence To Somewhere - Wobbler (20:59)
182. Canto nomade per un prigionero politico - Banco del Mutuo Soccorso (15:46)
183. Masters of Illusion - Pendragon (14:00)
184. Freedom Rider - Traffic (6:20)
185. Proclamation - Gentle Giant (6:47)
186. Blackest Eyes - Porcupine Tree (4:23)
187. Pilgrims - Van der Graaf Generator (7:12)
188. Fluffhead/Fluff's Travels - Phish (14:59)
189. The Revealing Science of God (Dance of the Dawn) - Yes (20:25)
190. Valentyne Suite - Colosseum (16:53)
191. Watcher of the Skies - Genesis (7:23)
192. Welcome to the Machine - Pink Floyd (7:32)
193. The Eve of War - Jeff Wayne (9:06)
194. Eruption - Focus (22:35)
195. Nothingface - Voivod (4:14)
196. Remember the Future - Nektar (35:33)
197. b*****d - Devin Townsend (10:17)
198. Routine - Steven Wilson (8:58)
199. Luglio, agosto, settembre (nero) - Area (4:27)
200. Cockroach King - Haken (8:14)

I think Doug will have his work cut out for him going through this list.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2021 at 05:11
Did we really need to see this list in order to know that there's thousands of great prog songs to listen to?  Confused
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2021 at 05:14
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Did we really need to see this list in order to know that there's thousands of great prog songs to listen to?  Confused

Yes. Tongue

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>