Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not enough Pink Floyd threads? Here's another!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not enough Pink Floyd threads? Here's another!
    Posted: April 30 2021 at 07:06

I strongly believe that Pink Floyd aren't discussed enough in this forum Big smile, so let me ask:

Which movie could have been better with a Pink Floyd soundtrack?

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 07:08

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 07:13
Let's make it interesting: which songs/album?
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 08:01
Interstellar
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 08:08
The Wall. Oh wait, it had The Wall.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 08:09
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Interstellar
Well, I think it has already a great soundtrack. 
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 08:49
Hot Tub Time Machine

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 09:10
2001: A Space Odyssey, with Interstellar, Astronomy Domine, Set The Controls and Careful With That Axe, Eugene! With all dialogue muted except for Hal.

Edited by SteveG - April 30 2021 at 09:12
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 09:34
One of the most disappointing movies recently....Ad Astra could have used something to keep me from falling asleep.
Almost anything from DSOtM and Division Bell would have helped this movie.

Interstellar is brilliant, not much more you can do with that movie and it had a really good soundtrack.

Edited by Catcher10 - April 30 2021 at 09:35
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 09:45
Hi,

I might like to see an original cut of ZABRISKIE POINT with more PF music, but I do not think that the producers, Hollywood idiots, left any bits around and destroyed them so Antonioni would not be able to do anything with them.

That said, RW has stated that Antonioni, said that PF's music was too sad.

Also, would like to see a better cut of THE VALLEY, since what is shown, even on DVD is cut up way too much and it changes the course of the film, and the music is really not adding anything to the film, beyond the opening shot over the clouds, and even then, that was likely more due to the cinematographer, than anything else ... those folks can see things in many situations that many directors end up using.

I would like to see a REMASTERED version of MORE. The music in it is really well done and used, and it is not done "movie style" ... it is done from the girl's point of view as she trips and listens to the music ... and in some ways, it was one of the things that got PF famous for the dope at their concerts, all the way to THE WALL when so many folks were busted in LA.

All in all, I am not sure what Barbet Schroeder did or thought ... one movie was great and beautifully done and the other was a mess ... and the music was incidental. I still have the thought that it was studio intervention since they put up the money and they wanted something that brought back the money ... MORE was probably done with 10 dollars and a few nickels and it shows, up to and including what I think was old film stock ... that should not have been used, but I doubt that the film had any budget to even get good film.

Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 10:26
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

2001: A Space Odyssey, with Interstellar, Astronomy Domine, Set The Controls and Careful With That Axe, Eugene!
With all dialogue muted except for Hal.

Kubrick asked PF as he wanted to use Atom Heart Mother for 2001 but Waters denied.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 12:04
"Spinal Tap"
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 12:55
The sorrow and the pity
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 13:01
I would suggest Pink Floyd music replace the soundtrack on "Opening Night" (the Genesis We Can't Dance Tour Behind the Scenes Documentary)
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 13:13
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

"Spinal Tap"
Your so wrong. The soundtrack to Spinal Tap is perfect.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 18:33
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

"Spinal Tap"
Your so wrong. The soundtrack to Spinal Tap is perfect.

You are SOOOO right.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 23:57
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

2001: A Space Odyssey, with Interstellar, Astronomy Domine, Set The Controls and Careful With That Axe, Eugene! With all dialogue muted except for Hal.

I believe that they actually wanted to do that one, but Kubrick was having none of it - there would probably have been a massive ego clash with Waters.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 23:58
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Good shout.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2021 at 00:42
This is the band that did Larks' Side of the Moonmadness, correct? Geddy Osbourne on vocals? Who was the drummer? Mel Collins? Same guy that ended up singing for Sega Genesis in 19SeventyS1x, correct? It doesn't matter either way because none of those bands are Floydcore, nor understand where the genre was birthed to begin with.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2021 at 03:01
Originally posted by Progishness Progishness wrote:

Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Good shout.

I admit this didn’t come to me immediately. My first thought when confronted with this post was to give a tongue in cheek answer of Animal Farm, given they already had songs for the Pigs, Dogs and Sheep. But almost as soon as that thought occurred to me, I realised that 1984 would be the perfect vehicle for a Floyd soundtrack.

That said, they probably could do a good job for Animal Farm, too. But not with the Animals material we know....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>