Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Il Balletto Di Bronzo - Ys (1972)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Il Balletto Di Bronzo - Ys (1972)
    Posted: May 01 2021 at 09:45
Any fans? I got turned on to them just last night over at a friend' house. I immediately went on Discogs and bought the CD,

Edited by Pelata - May 01 2021 at 09:51
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2021 at 09:52
Most definitely. I’m sure there will be a lot of fans of this album on the forum. 👍🏻

mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2021 at 10:02
One of my all-time prog favorites that I regularly listen to.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2021 at 10:09
There was thread about this album not so long ago...

I've got to find some time to relisten to this, because as far as I remember it's a great album.  
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2021 at 10:27
Absolutely ! Thumbs Up
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Sacro_Porgo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2021 at 14:26
Brilliant album. An RPI classic.
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
Pelata View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2021 at 19:28
I'm glad so many seem to know them. I am a latecomer to a lot of the more underground prog. Most folks seem to be stuck on the big-leaguers (Yes, Rush, Genesis, etc). I love them as well, obviously. But I love discovering the more obscure, brilliant bands like this.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2021 at 19:48
Oh yeah! One of the most creative and original albums ever!

I just listened to it not too long ago after a break and it still blows my mind.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2021 at 21:44
I love that one, specially the first 2 songs, which sound great together. A friend once told me he got this album someone had recommended him and that it was really great, and I just ordered it at a local store, without ever having heard it nor having any clue what it would sound like.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2021 at 22:38
I also love this album.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2021 at 23:29
Hi,

Have to hear it again ... I remember not being impressed when I first heard it ... but not sure why.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 00:39
Hey OP! Yes, absolutely. I still have my sealed Japanese CD copy right here on my shelf; I think it's actually worth a little bit more according to Discogs and the barcode/data!

Fantastic band and album, top-tier Italian prog.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 01:13
A masterpiece imo. It’s like this riveting golden vortex of sound that battles through my brain every once in a while..like a confused but very powerful musical orgasm.
I love the fact that they simultaneously found an Italian Arthur Brown to do the vocals as well as a way to join ELP, Amon Düül ll and The Mars Volta in one band.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 01:32
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

A masterpiece imo. It’s like this riveting golden vortex of sound that battles through my brain every once in a while..like a confused but very powerful musical orgasm.
I love the fact that they simultaneously found an Italian Arthur Brown to do the vocals as well as a way to join ELP, Amon Düül ll and The Mars Volta in one band.

This is an awesome way to describe it, lol! Clap

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 09:57
An absolute monster of an album and a top three Italian record for me. Sometimes it's my all time favourite RPI album sometimes that's Alphataurus or Museo Rosenbach.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 10:00
Love it, and this is a major classic in my books (and many others, I believe). Great album.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 10:39
Got it out as a matter of fact the other day and gave it a spin. Deep is the word. It really grows on the listener.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Pelata View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 12:53
Love seeing all the feedback!
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 15:13
Love Baglietto Di Bronzo, what a great record its "Ys"
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 23:09
Busted it out yesterday just because this thread reminds me of how stellar a recording this is. Coffee and Y's this morning, PA! Cheers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>