Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are RUSH actually Prog?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 11:02
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I really did not get BrufordFreak's post, that was a lot of mixed bands......I'm a decent Saga fan, mainly from the period before Behaviour, although I like Behaviour. Not sure what you meant about them not touring the US, I saw them in Baton Rouge, La in 1984-85 I think they opened for The Police or could have been Quiet Riot, I don't remember.

Saga supported many bands but never toured as a headliner. They never broke through in the US, nor did they really net the enthusiasm of many Canadians. They did better in Quebec than Ontario! Their old manager was from England and didn't care about Canada. He wanted them to make it in the States. Meanwhile, they gained a rabid following in Germany, where they're loved to this day. (Michael Sadler has also performed solo shows in Germany.) Saga played stadiums in Puerto Rico and Venezuela. Here, they can't even mount a tour of small venues like Blue Oyster Cult.

Saga is clearly a band that was very proggy and then went very AOR, but always had a small dose of prog in their music.

Did you hear Full Circle, House of Cards, Network, Trust or 10,000 Days? If not, I think you'll like them.
As a headliner no, I don't recall them headlining anything. Yea they are HUGE in Germany, most proggy bands do well in Quebec. Their latest output is more akin to the earlier days, I have all those including 20/20 and Human Condition is not bad...........Contact-Live In Munich is fantastic!!

And yes Rush are prog....

Edited by Catcher10 - May 24 2021 at 11:02
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 11:46

As a headliner no, I don't recall them headlining anything. Yea they are HUGE in Germany, most proggy bands do well in Quebec. Their latest output is more akin to the earlier days, I have all those including 20/20 and Human Condition is not bad...........Contact-Live In Munich is fantastic!!

Sweet! So you stuck with them, too. Between you and me, I think Sagacity's pretty good! Thumbs Up
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 15:23
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Sweet! So you stuck with them, too. Between you and me, I think Sagacity's pretty good! Thumbs Up

I think I have Sagacity as a download no CD, I'll have to check.......I wish they would release Chapters Live, Trust and 10K Days on LP.
Saga is a band that I enjoy listening to, when I do if that makes sense, they have so many albums. Their early stuff is so good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627