Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Camel vs. The Gourishankar - The Lunatic Battle
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Camel vs. The Gourishankar - The Lunatic Battle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which one?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
23 [88.46%]
3 [11.54%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camel vs. The Gourishankar - The Lunatic Battle
    Posted: May 03 2021 at 15:28
The dottiest challenge!

Here we go!.. Cool

Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2021 at 18:16
Lunar Sea>>> just about anything.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2021 at 20:54
Camel, no question.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2021 at 21:39
Camel 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 04:42
Camel
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 05:29
Hump Daaaaayyyyyy . . .
Welcome to the middle of the film.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 15:40
Camel
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 20:43
Camel without any hesitasion
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 01:29
Both great tracks but the Gourishankar album 2nd Hands deserves a lot more cuddles than it currently gets:

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 03:11
Nice one. The pairing made me listen to the Gourishankar for the first time and it's excellent, maybe a tiny bit overloaded but great listening fun nonetheless. I love Lunar Sea and it's very special to me, so ultimately this is a case of the champions beating the amateur underdog 2-1 in extra time, the underdog having done very well indeed.

Edited by Lewian - May 05 2021 at 03:11
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 03:14
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Both great tracks but the Gourishankar album 2nd Hands deserves a lot more cuddles than it currently gets:

I just see you also used a football analogy there, nice coincidence! Big smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 16:20
^ Apologies, I didn't see this until now. Yes, the only criticism that I could maybe level at 2nd Hands is that it's just so...unrelentingly 'busy' from start to finish that there's sometimes too much musical information to digest in one sitting. You're German but live in Italy I think and support Fiorentina? At least neither of us is a Schalke fan.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 16:33

^ Apologies, I didn't see this until now. Yes, the only criticism that I could maybe level at 2nd Hands is that it's just so...unrelentingly 'busy' from start to finish that there's sometimes too much musical information to digest in one sitting. You're German but live in Italy I think and support Fiorentina? At least neither of us is a Schalke fan.

BOLOGNA, arch enemies of Fiorentina actually. I lived in London for some time and supported Palace (sad to see Hodgson go). But my first and biggest love is German 2nd League side FC St. Pauli.
And... I have bought the Gourishankar album a few days ago thanks to this thread.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 23:06
Another vote for The Gourishankar
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 23:35
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

BOLOGNA, arch enemies of Fiorentina actually. I lived in London for some time and supported Palace (sad to see Hodgson go). But my first and biggest love is German 2nd League side FC St. Pauli.
And... I have bought the Gourishankar album a few days ago thanks to this thread.

Whoops, that was clumsy of me. The equivalent would be you mistaking me for a (heaven forfend) Spurs fanShockedDead

Edited by ExittheLemming - May 24 2021 at 23:36
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2021 at 00:01
Camel "Lunar Sea".

It might just be THE best Camel track ever.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2021 at 00:32
Camel. It's the first time I've heard of Gourishankar and I like it. Thumbs Up
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2021 at 01:58
I'm beyond happy that not only the always nice Lewian (your name is Christian, right?) is interested enough to buy The Gourishankar's album 2nd Hands, but also the awesome old fart Paul liked their song that I shared. 

I even see making Paul interested in something as a better success than winning the popular vote! Tongue

Lemming, thank you. Your refined tastes and eruditeness is always appreciated.

I always welcome "losing" this way! Who says being a loser is always bad? LOL
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2021 at 01:59
Ah David voted for The Gourishankar! Thanks dude! Star
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2021 at 05:52
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

Lunar Sea>>> just about anything.

Yeah pretty much. I entertained the second song and gave it a fair chance, but Lunar Sea is my second favorite song of all time. Every note played within those 10 minutes is memorable and incredible, the only song that trumps it in Doug world is Song Within a Song off the same album.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>