Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big Big Train - Common Ground (New Album)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Big Train - Common Ground (New Album)
    Posted: May 11 2021 at 09:04
The follow-up to 2019's Grand Tour will be released through the English Electric Recordings label on July 30.

Source:
https://www.loudersound.com/news/big-big-train-release-video-for-title-track-of-new-album-common-ground

Listen to the First Song Released:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIQnhCcI4gA
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2021 at 10:39
excellent :-)
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2021 at 21:10
cool 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2021 at 23:45
Large tju-tju strikes again!
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2021 at 05:24
Clap Nice!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2021 at 07:00
Great. I can't wait to hear it.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2021 at 07:23
Decent. Not sure this is an auto-buy. Anyone else notice their choruses all sound similar?
Earl of Mar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Earl of Mar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2021 at 15:46
I must admit to enjoying BBT. They are a fine band although not the second coming that many believe. I hope the album is an improvement on Grand Tour which I thought lacked originality.
Day one purchase however due to earlier works which have been excellent.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2021 at 19:19
I got the English Electric (full power version) albums, and I really loved them. However, I got the few next ones (as well as The Underfall Yard), and I must say I found them lacking of a certain spark that made the English Electric ones so special... they got all the elements all right, but somehow I didn't enjoy the melodies so much. So I'm not really sure how much I might enjoy a new one... I guess I should give it a chance anyway.

Edited by Dellinger - May 12 2021 at 19:20
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 02:55
Yep looking forward to this.

you need to 'live' with a BBT album for at least a few years before being able to understand and know whether you like it. I was very unsure about Folklore when it came out but now it's a 'desert island' album for me . Grand Tour is slowly growing on me so I don't expect this to hit me straight away. 
btw should be noted that the band line up has changed although the main axis of Dave Longdon, Rickard Sjoblom , Nick D'Virgillio and Gregory Spawton is still very much intact thankfully.

someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 03:35
Very nice song Approve.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 05:15
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

you need to 'live' with a BBT album for at least a few years before being able to understand and know whether you like it
Three years is a long time to convince yourself you like something.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2021 at 16:46
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

you need to 'live' with a BBT album for at least a few years before being able to understand and know whether you like it

Which is exactly what I didn't say 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2021 at 17:31

Ok then. Let me phrase it differently. You should commit at least three years to understand if you like a BBT release. Better?
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 00:40

Ok then. Let me phrase it differently. You should commit at least three years to understand if you like a BBT release. Better?

yep Thumbs Up
Neo-Romantic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neo-Romantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2021 at 22:06

you need to 'live' with a BBT album for at least a few years before being able to understand and know whether you like it.

I just started listening to them a little while ago. Yesterday was my second spin of The Underfall Yard. Sorry to be argumentative, but it was love at first listen for me

I slept on this band for a long time. Thankful I finally gave them a chance! Interested to find out how this new album turns out.
May God bless you all in Jesus' name. No matter who you are, you're special, you're loved, and you matter.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2021 at 08:26
^ well this is the room for it Smile
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2021 at 09:18
Hoping
 Post Reply Post Reply