Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bruno Pernadas for Crossover Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bruno Pernadas for Crossover Prog
    Posted: May 11 2021 at 13:54
Bruno Pernadas is a multi-instrumentalist, produced and composer from Lisbon, Portugal, who has been primarily active in 2010s, releasing three well-received studio albums between 2014 and 2016. Educated in the Lisbon jazz school, this talented man's music is an healthy of a jazz sensibility, almost poppy playfulness, and eventual soundtrack-like passages.
His involvement in other projects, as well as his collaborations, have also influenced his work strongly. Pernadas plays guitars, keyboards, bass, drums, synths, and percussion, among other instruments.

His latest, fourth studio album was released this April.

FARO, PORTUGAL: 5th SEPTEMBER, 2019 - Pop Rock Band Bruno Pernadas,.. Stock  Photo, Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 143443164.

Listen to Bruno Pernadas' first studio album, released in 2014, 'How Can We Be Joyful in a World Full of Knowledge?':

Other links:
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2021 at 13:55
Bruno Pernadas Photos (7 of 7) | Last.fm

The picture above is too big, maybe this one would be better!

dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2021 at 15:55
I'm for it, I absolutely loved Those Who... from 2016, I unfortunately didn't care for this years release but deserving nevertheless
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2021 at 17:17
Alerted Team. Thanks.
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2021 at 12:44
How is the voting going for this guy? Embarrassed
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2021 at 12:59

justaguy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justaguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2023 at 04:04
Bruno Pernadas is in my opinion one of the best in the fusion style at the moment. I listen with a lot of joy his CD´s. This summer (2023) saw him in Cascais, on cooljazz festival. Really enjoyable music, original and beautiful, with wonderful lirics as well :-). I think he ought to be included to progarchives, just find a good category for him :-)
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2023 at 09:43
I think this evaluation just got lost somehow, the artist is not on TYM, I don't remember listening to his music, I think he needs a new chance, shall I bring him up to the attention of the crossover team? 
justaguy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justaguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2023 at 10:06
Look, yes, please, I think it will make progarchives more complete. missing such an artist is a shame I think.
Though I am not sure if it will fit in crossover, because there is a lot of jazz and rock there...
One can compare him to Chicago. Lots of melody, but also very jazzy. but well. crossover is also for cases of doubt, for musicians that don't completely fit somewhere else, so, yeah, I guess ...
thanks a lot!
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2023 at 10:37
This album is a jazz one, might fit on a jazz site than PA Confused
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2023 at 10:40
This one is very poppy 

I don't think they're a fit for jazz-rock fusion. I don't hear the rock in their music, jazz dominates, even in their catchier songs, call that sound classic pop, i don't know, it's classified like that in his bandcamp tags. Confused

I don't know if he fits anywhere on PA. Confused 
I like the music, thank you for starting a discussion. Tongue

Edited by Cristi - August 06 2023 at 10:56
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2023 at 11:35
I would sooner check out Those Who Throw Objects at the Crocodiles Will Be Asked to Retrieve Them. It;s one of the greatest albums of the past decade for me. While he is someone who studied jazz and there is jazzy music, Crossover would have been the one I would thought of because there is pop undercurrent to his music. That said, coming as someone who has loved his music for years, I'd be on the fence with him in PA. He's the kind of artist that I would happily include music from in a Prog poll (and I have at various times) as he is under my Progressive umbrella. but I would not really think of as Prog-proper on the whole. In or out, I wouldn't complain either way. Awesome music and for me I prefer to expose people to music in the forum, so I just don't care as much as some about bands being added. I could see him in PA easily enough, and think he might be at some time. If he ever is added, Crocodiles is an album that I might well review.

Rateyourmusic tags his Crocodile album as

Progressive Pop, Art Pop, Jazz Pop, Jazz Fusion
Space Age Pop, Lounge, Neo-Psychedelia, Exotica, Psychedelic Pop, Indie Rock

https://brunopernadas.bandcamp.com/album/those-who-throw-objects-at-the-crocodiles-will-be-asked-to-retrieve-them

For PA or not, it is an album that I am sure many here would appreciate. And this is one of my favoiurite tracks of all-time. One that some at the forum recognise as I have shared it a number of times in topics.

I have been told that the music I like is so gloomy. Some is, but some of my favourites like that I find so fun and uplifting.

Just a fanboy passin' through.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2023 at 13:14
Bruno Pernadas was rejected by Crossover in May 2021. Two no votes and one yes vote. It was entered in TYM with a spelling error (misspelled Pernades): https://tagyourmusic.org/artists/18590

I was the lone yes vote; mostly for his 2nd (Worst Summer Ever) and 3rd albums (the Crocodiles album). Overall I thought it was a borderline suggestion and erred on the side of inclusion. Prog Archives policy is that we can re-evaluate if a new album comes out. We can wait until then to look at this artist again. 
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2023 at 14:27
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Bruno Pernadas was rejected by Crossover in May 2021. Two no votes and one yes vote. It was entered in TYM with a spelling error (misspelled Pernades): https://tagyourmusic.org/artists/18590

I don't remember having listened to BP. And I said no Shocked. But then again, there were a lot of bands I listened to as a collab. Geek

Post Reply Post Reply