Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tillison Reingold Tiranti - Allium: Una Storia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tillison Reingold Tiranti - Allium: Una Storia
    Posted: May 13 2021 at 03:24
I'vs found something interesting to share:

Andy Tillison (The Tangent), Jonas Reingold (The Tangent, Karmakanic) and Roberto Tiranti (Labyrinth) release an album "Allium". It is a concept album about an Italian band that Andy Tillison has seen performing when he was 15. The trailer sounds very promising, a foray by two musicians from The Tangent into RPI territories:

baz91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote baz91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 04:28
I have to share my story about this album, as I was involved in the process of making this album without being told what the album actually was.
In a short amount of time, Andy Tillison is going to release a project called Allium (which I now understand is being rebranded to Tillison Reingold Tiranti), based on an album he heard in his teenage years. His marketing for the album includes the story of how he came to hear the album in the first place. I didn’t want the story for this release of Allium to be told without the lying and complete betrayal of trust that Andy committed against me. His fans often admire Andy as a hero of the prog scene, and I can safely say that he is no hero.
I became friends with Andy eight years ago when I reviewed his album ‘Le Sacre du Travail’. It was the most unlikely of circumstances as my review was scathing, but written in the form of a ‘concept review’ to mirror his concept album. Andy seemed very impressed by the style of my writing and agreed with some of my opinions. We became friends afterward, met up a couple of times in person and spoke often about progressive rock and other things.
On Feb 6th this year, Andy mentioned an album he was trying to look for. A band called Alium (at that time he was spelling it with one ‘L’) who he had seen as a teenager in Italy in 1975. He had at one point owned a physical LP, but had given it away over 40 years ago. He seemed very fond of this music so I wanted to help him find it. Andy sent me the one picture he had of the album cover, which only took up a tiny area on the image as it was across the room from the camera, and the picture had been taken of the whole room. This made it difficult to make out distinct details, but it looked like a plain yellow cover with the outline of an allium flower, the band’s name in red and an indecipherable title in black underneath.
I decided to make a few posts on Reddit to see if anyone could help me find any information. Twelve days later, a user named Premiata1 commented on one of the posts and said that he had seen Allium live and that his sister owned the record we were looking for. Naturally I was overjoyed and mentioned this to Andy. Premiata1 was in his 60s and living in Italy, and was not familiar with Reddit so it took a while to get any photos or music files from him.
In the meantime, Andy was also making progress by enquiring with his friend who edited the Italian version of Prog Magazine, Antonio de Sarno. Antonio had reached out on an Italian prog forum and had been put in touch with Roberto de Sarno, Allium’s lead singer and the head of the band. Roberto revealed the story of Allium and told us that he had held onto the master tapes from the 1970s. At this point, I realised we could potentially turn this album into a reissue and was excited to bring this music to the public.
 As Roberto revealed the names of his former Albanian bandmates who he said he hadn’t spoken to since the 1970s (they had been deported), I decided to reach out to several people whose names and ages seemed to match on Facebook. Andy spent money sending the tapes to Jonas so that Jonas could digitise and remix the album. Andy sent me short clips from the master tapes which sounded amazing and I knew we could have a hit product, and it made me proud to be working on a long lost masterpiece.
This is when Premiata1 finally sent through pictures of the album cover and a vinyl rip of the music (which did sound like it came from a vinyl). It was astonishing to hear the thing in full and I couldn’t wait until Jonas was able to remix the album from the master tapes to have a clearer sounding version. Andy told me that Premiata1’s vinyl rip would help immensely in assisting Jonas put together the various different parts of the album to sound like the original so I felt like I had made a firm positive impression on how this final product would sound.
The pictures were more suspect. Firstly, the album title (that was in black on the initial picture I saw) was missing on this version. Secondly, the song lyrics printed in the gatefold did not look like they had been printed in the 70s, but added by a computer. And thirdly, there was a suspicious banana logo that appeared at much higher resolution than the image quality. I came up with the theory that when Premiata1’s nephew had scanned the LP, he had used optical character recognition to make the lyrics more legible. Andy agreed with this and it was soon confirmed by Premiata1.
I was ready to work with Andy to see the album become a success and had told my family and close friends about the project I was so proud to be working on. On 29 April, I noticed Andy had put up a teaser poster for Allium on the Tangent webpage. I began letting my colleagues at The Progressive Aspect know that something exciting was coming which I was involved with.
The same day, Andy asked me to join him on a phone call. He told me “Allium is me.” I initially thought he meant “This is my project and I would prefer to not work with you on it”. That’s not what he meant.
He revealed that he had been Premiata1 all along. After I had shown interest in finding Allium, he decided to see if he could remember the music and record it himself and found it very easy to do. He then had the idea to catfish me and pretend to be an Italian man who had some limited access to the album (through his sister and her sons) so that I would think I had discovered the original, real album through my own gumption and initiative. He then pretended to have found the actual singer through Antonio de Sarno and wrote false letters between each other to convince me of the backstory of Allium, a story that included the band members getting deported and Allium recording in the same studio as Le Orme. He pretended that the master tapes still existed and played me his home studio recordings pretending that they were the actual band. He then made a lower quality version and added pops and crackles to send me a fake vinyl rip to convince me I was listening to the full original album. He had conversations with me saying he was so happy that I had found this piece of his childhood again. He mocked up a fake version of the album cover to fool me into thinking it was the real thing, and when suspicious elements showed, found ways to convince me that it was the real thing, but slightly edited by Premiata1’s nephew. He made me believe I was working on a project to revive an actual artefact from the 1970s, instead of promoting a ‘fun side-project’ of his and his buddies.
I can’t be sure, but I think he was hoping I’d be impressed that he did all this and managed to fool me. I wasn’t. I was sickened to the core. Everything I had been working on with him had been a lie. I was hoping to put my name to a project that I could be proud of and share with my family and friends. This has now become one of the most traumatic things to ever happen to me. To realise you’ve been living in a fantasy world constructed by someone you considered a close friend is utterly mortifying; you question if you were ever really their friend to begin with.
What I’m talking about is not a few little lies. This was a methodical, pathological world of lies that Andy had me believing for the best part of three months. Ever since the phone call, I’ve looked back over the past three months and realised “THAT must have also been a lie” “What about that?” “That too!”. It’s sickening to think that one of your best friends could do that to you.
Why? Why would someone do that to you? I kept trying to ask this on the phone as Andy grovelled to me about how valuable he considered our friendship and how much he wished he’d never done it. The closest to an answer I got was:
“I guess there must be some sad, lonely part of me that wanted you to like my music. I somehow felt that if you’d known, you wouldn’t have given it the time of day. I know you’re not particularly keen on the Tangent.”
While what he said on the phone seemed to be a very sincere apology for his behaviour, there were simply no words he could have said that would allow me to forgive him for the deep hurt and humiliation I felt. I needed to know what he was willing to do to make it up to me, and he told me that he would publicly apologise to me if necessary. 
He shortly sent me a letter explaining further his intentions when he began lying to me. In the letter he said
“The Premiata1 thing was the beginning of the nightmare, I wanted you to have a response which, as I correctly guessed, you would not have had any other replies. This then became a vehicle in which I could send you a recording and the rest followed. 
I created a back story for the album, because such a release would need one. And  huge amount of the things I did, while undeniably wrong, were done of of genuine respect for you and your knowledge.  Like a medical test with placebos, I wanted to find out at what point the music would fail your test. When you would first notice the artificial instruments.    This is a test that I couldn't have carried out without you "not knowing". But it was of course, an unethical test.”
“The temptation to keep getting your un prejudiced feedback was very strong and I am sad to say I succumbed to it.”
So, essentially he lied and manipulated me for three months just to get some un-prejudiced feedback. And ruined our friendship forever because of it.
After a couple of days of contemplation, I decided that I did want for others to know his actions, because I felt there should be consequences for catfishing, pathological lying and emotional manipulation. I reached out to Andy with suggestions of what I felt the best things he could do for me would be: 1) pull the album completely, because it had been made unethically and was a source of trauma for me that I would see climb the prog charts and get discussed in Prog Magazine and reviewed favourably on ProgArchives or 2) publicly apologise to me, and make sure everyone would know what kind of a person he really was.
I thought that he would at least be willing to go with the second option, as he had made that offer of reparation on the phone, but when I messaged him, he gave me just another, weaker apology for all his bad actions with no promise that he would make any reparations.
I also tried reaching out to his girlfriend Sally, who I had previously enjoyed a working relationship with at DPRP. I had asked her why, if she knew this had been going on, she didn’t try to stop Andy. Andy had told me over the phone that she was firmly on my side about this and was very upset at him. This turned out to be another lie, because her responses to me were even more hurtful than Andy’s apology. She said twice that “Andy is not a liar” (which he absolutely is) and that it was my fault that I was hurt by his lies because I “didn’t understand his intentions”. I would like to ask if there are any intentions that could justify lying to someone pathologically and methodically for three months. She also said that Andy thought I “would understand that artistically he needed to test it out and and to him [I was] the best person because he trusted [me] to tell him as it was - remember you have written really damning reviews of him in the past”. So, because I was critical of his music before, I deserved to be lied to for months. OK.
When I responded to her and pointed out just how hurtful she was being to me, something I felt she should honestly consider, she blocked me, and I then noticed I was blocked from Andy and the Tangent page. So now this project, which I had been considered a “valuable member” and whose inspiration I had apparently provided, was being blocked from me.
As Andy has shown no intention since our initial phone call to publicly apologise and come clean about his disgusting, manipulative behaviour, either to his fans or his fellow musicians, I now feel I must tell my story so that lovers of progressive rock may know that if they choose to buy the Allium album, they are purchasing a product that was, to use Andy’s adjective, made unethically. I don’t want it to be forgotten that Andy would stoop this low to make his 1970s recreation album slightly more authentic. That he could ruin a friendship with lies and betrayal to do that. That he is some sort of ‘prog hero’ without a sinister dark side, that I have been traumatised by. That he will eventually profit off of my trauma.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 04:53
Interesting, I saw Andy's post about this yesterday and listened to the samples which sound really good but obviously he didn't mention this although he did mention the background to Allium being a band he jammed with many years ago.
I'll take your word that this is all true in which case I can see what Andy was trying to do but it is disappointing as Andy and Sally both come across as decent people (I don't know them personally, only from FB).
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 05:06
As intriguing as the album sounds, all my interest in it disappeared once I heard how Baz was played. This is one album that won’t have my support - and yes, I am well aware than Andy doesn’t need my support, nor will care than I’m not supporting it. I’m sure some will forgive Andy for this, or side with him, but I cannot and will not.

Edited by nick_h_nz - May 13 2021 at 05:06
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 05:45
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

As intriguing as the album sounds, all my interest in it disappeared once I heard how Baz was played. This is one album that won’t have my support - and yes, I am well aware than Andy doesn’t need my support, nor will care than I’m not supporting it. I’m sure some will forgive Andy for this, or side with him, but I cannot and will not.

Yeah. I don't think the whole metafictional plot is really necessary. Andy could have simply said that the album was a tribute to 70s Italian prog and that's it instead of making all this bs up.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
baz91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote baz91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 06:06
Thanks @chopper for your support.

Believe me I was also shocked to the core, as I also believed they were decent people. I had been friends with both of them for nearly a decade. I couldn't believe Andy would do this to me. It seems he had a sick fascination with getting my approval of his work, and Sally supported him in this endeavour and didn't really care about having my feelings hurt. To them "the ends justify the means", which I entirely disagree with. He told me himself he felt the test was unethical.
aith01 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aith01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 10:36
Man... Your DPRP review for Le Sacre du Travail completely missed the point of the album, and the "conceptual" nature of the review itself was borderline insulting. I'm not surprised if Andy felt he couldn't get an unbiased opinion from you on his music. You may be a nice guy in real life, but it might do you some good to take a few steps back and get some perspective.

If you seriously asked him to pull this album completely because you felt betrayed by his "experiment", well that just seems like an overreaction. It's not all about you.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 12:22
Originally posted by aith01 aith01 wrote:

Man... Your DPRP review for Le Sacre du Travail completely missed the point of the album, and the "conceptual" nature of the review itself was borderline insulting. I'm not surprised if Andy felt he couldn't get an unbiased opinion from you on his music. You may be a nice guy in real life, but it might do you some good to take a few steps back and get some perspective.

If you seriously asked him to pull this album completely because you felt betrayed by his "experiment", well that just seems like an overreaction. It's not all about you.

You clearly didn’t read all of what Baz wrote, because he mentions himself that the friendship that resulted from his review was surprising because it had been scathing. And yet, the friendship existed for years! Almost as many years, in fact, since you last posted on this forum. That alone makes you seem not an entirely credible opinion, and I find it hard to take you seriously. Does the A in your name stand for Andy? 😜. (I’m not being serious there, just in case you read that the wrong way. I don’t think you’re Andy - or, at least, I damn well hope you’re not Andy, as that would only confirm that the way Andy treated Baz was not a one-off.)

From my perspective, you seem to be lacking perspective more than Baz. The easy option would be for Andy to have apologised publicly, and let people know the story behind the story of the album. Then he would be able to let the public decide for themselves if they wished to buy it. That he does not, says to me that he knows, or at least suspects, that he may lose some sales because of his disappointing and unethical behaviour.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 12:29
Ignoring the whole album issue....The pain I read is in the betrayal of a 10yr friendship, that trumps all other shady or unethical business dealings. One can understand shady or unethical business behaviors but once Andy trounced and ignored your feelings after 10yrs of friendship is another thing.

I certainly enjoy Tangent music, love what Jonas does but I don't have to own all music that comes out by Andy Tillison. I can skip this one I'm sure which is tough because as everyone knows I'm a LP/record guy so I would be looking to buy the record, not a download. 
aith01 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aith01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 12:52

You clearly didn’t read all of what Baz wrote, because he mentions himself that the friendship that resulted from his review was surprising because it had been scathing. And yet, the friendship existed for years! Almost as many years, in fact, since you last posted on this forum. That alone makes you seem not an entirely credible opinion, and I find it hard to take you seriously. Does the A in your name stand for Andy? 😜. (I’m not being serious there, just in case you read that the wrong way. I don’t think you’re Andy - or, at least, I damn well hope you’re not Andy, as that would only confirm that the way Andy treated Baz was not a one-off.)

From my perspective, you seem to be lacking perspective more than Baz. The easy option would be for Andy to have apologised publicly, and let people know the story behind the story of the album. Then he would be able to let the public decide for themselves if they wished to buy it. That he does not, says to me that he knows, or at least suspects, that he may lose some sales because of his disappointing and unethical behaviour.

Aaaaaand this is why I don't post here. LOL

As if the frequency of one's posts on ProgArchives is a measure of credibility. Wacko This kind of attitude is why I only come here to read about new releases and have preferred to hang around ProgressiveEars for the past ~8 years instead.

I did read his whole post, and I stand by what I said. I also read his review of Le Sacre du Travail back in 2013 when it was released, and I still think it's a poor review that fails to understand the material it's reviewing.

I think there's a degree of wounded pride at play, hence the request for a public apology and/or pulling the album. Why does it need to be public? Exactly how many people even knew about it, before he posted about it here? According to Baz, Andy has already apologized to him in private. Airing this dirty laundry here seems unnecessary, if you ask me. It's not a good look.

But hey, that's just my opinion and you don't have to take me seriously. LOL
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 13:05

Aaaaaand this is why I don't post here. LOL

As if the frequency of one's posts on ProgArchives is a measure of credibility. Wacko This kind of attitude is why I only come here to read about new releases and have preferred to hang around ProgressiveEars for the past ~8 years instead.

I did read his whole post, and I stand by what I said. I also read his review of Le Sacre du Travail back in 2013 when it was released, and I still think it's a poor review that fails to understand the material it's reviewing.

I think there's a degree of wounded pride at play, hence the request for a public apology and/or pulling the album. Why does it need to be public? Exactly how many people even knew about it, before he posted about it here? According to Baz, Andy has already apologized to him in private. Airing this dirty laundry here seems unnecessary, if you ask me. It's not a good look.

But hey, that's just my opinion and you don't have to take me seriously. LOL

I was well aware of your posting on prog ears. As soon as I came to this thread to find your reply, and saw it was the first post since 2012, I thought it was odd, so I checked you out on Prog Ears, and saw you were a frequent poster there, before I made my reply here. It seemed very clear from your posts on Prog Ears that you were just a self-confessed super-fan of Andy and The Tangent. Hence my being sure you’re not Andy. And yeah, you’re right - I’m not going to take you seriously, just like I never take any super-fan seriously, because the bias is too great.

But I appreciate why you think they way you do, even if I don’t take it seriously, and even if I don’t agree with it. I don’t think a public apology is out of order at all. But we’re never going to agree, so I’ll leave you to love the album, and I’ll leave the album alone, knowing how it came to be. I suspect I would have loved it myself, but that’s now tainted by the backstory. Kind of like if I had been a LostProphets fan, I think my respect and enjoyment for their music might be tainted by the fact that Ian Watkins was not a nice chap.

nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 13:13
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Ignoring the whole album issue....The pain I read is in the betrayal of a 10yr friendship, that trumps all other shady or unethical business dealings. One can understand shady or unethical business behaviors but once Andy trounced and ignored your feelings after 10yrs of friendship is another thing.

^This.

The irony is that people are picking on the wrong aspects. So he wrote a review that was “borderline insulting” and “missed the point”. So what? Andy clearly wasn’t upset by the review, because that review was the start of a years-long friendship. And I sincerely doubt Andy began that friendship all those years ago, in order to catfish Baz. So it was a genuine friendship. And he may have been unethical, and he may have realised that and admitted that, and he may have apologised for that. But that does not repair a broken friendship. I think Baz has every right to feel as upset as he does. I think most people would in this instance. What Andy did was a very 💩 thing, and he knows it. No amount of apology can repair the damage done. And no matter how good this album might be (and I suspect it will be very good, and something I would otherwise enjoy), it is no longer one I have any interest in.

aith01 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aith01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 13:22

I was well aware of your posting on prog ears. As soon as I came to this thread to find your reply, and saw it was the first post since 2012, I thought it was odd, so I checked you out on Prog Ears, and saw you were a frequent poster there, before I made my reply here. It seemed very clear from your posts on Prog Ears that you were just a self-confessed super-fan of Andy and The Tangent. Hence my being sure you’re not Andy. And yeah, you’re right - I’m not going to take you seriously, just like I never take any super-fan seriously, because the bias is too great.

But I appreciate why you think they way you do, even if I don’t take it seriously, and even if I don’t agree with it. I don’t think a public apology is out of order at all. But we’re never going to agree, so I’ll leave you to love the album, and I’ll leave the album alone, knowing how it came to be. I suspect I would have loved it myself, but that’s now tainted by the backstory. Kind of like if I had been a LostProphets fan, I think my respect and enjoyment for their music might be tainted by the fact that Ian Watkins was not a nice chap.

So I'm "just a self-confessed super-fan", huh? Whatever dude. If you want to write me off that way, suit yourself. LOL

Not sure I've ever professed to be a "super-fan", but I've been listening to The Tangent since 2006 and I love most of their music, so I'm definitely a fan. I'm hardly the only person on PE who feels that way too. LOL But contrary to what you're saying about me regarding "bias", I am able to separate the art from the artist -- which is why I can enjoy Smashing Pumpkins even while thinking that Billy Corgan is kind of a jerk in real life based on several things I've heard and read.

However, in the past ~15 years I've never heard anything like that about Andy Tillison, which is why I take this story as it's presented here with a grain of salt. Especially considering the source's history. There are two sides to every story after all.

What's your handle on ProgressiveEars by the way?

Edited by aith01 - May 13 2021 at 13:25
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 13:56

So I'm "just a self-confessed super-fan", huh? Whatever dude. If you want to write me off that way, suit yourself. LOL

Not sure I've ever professed to be a "super-fan", but I've been listening to The Tangent since 2006 and I love most of their music, so I'm definitely a fan. I'm hardly the only person on PE who feels that way too. LOL But contrary to what you're saying about me regarding "bias", I am able to separate the art from the artist -- which is why I can enjoy Smashing Pumpkins even while thinking that Billy Corgan is kind of a jerk in real life based on several things I've heard and read.

However, in the past ~15 years I've never heard anything like that about Andy Tillison, which is why I take this story as it's presented here with a grain of salt. Especially considering the source's history. There are two sides to every story after all.

What's your handle on ProgressiveEars by the way?

Sorry, I shouldn’t have put words in your mouth. I never saw you profess to be a super fan. I also shouldn’t have used the word just, so I’m sorry for that, too. I’m not writing you off, so to speak - so much as taking anything you say with a grain of salt, based on what I’ve seen you post on ProgEars.

I think it’s rather irrelevant that you’ve heard nothing like that about Andy. Guess what, neither had Baz? People make errors of judgment that can be out of character. This is presumably what happened with Andy, and he admits that once he started down this path of lies, he found it difficult to stop. But that doesn’t absolve what he did. Just because a rapist has never raped someone before, and no one has ever even suspected them of sexual harassment or assault ever in the past, doesn’t mean that the one time they were unexpectedly accused of rape was an overreaction by the person who was raped by them. I stand with the victim. Always.

And yes, I know that sometimes the victim is not the victim. And sometimes the accused is innocent. I know that because I have been accused of something I didn’t do, and it was something serious enough that I could have been arrested and charged with a crime. The victim was lying, and I was lucky enough to be able to provide enough evidence to show that I was innocent. I don’t need to see the evidence here. Andy has apologised to Baz. He has admitted his guilt and his wrongdoing. But just as a rapist might plead guilty, that doesn’t mean everything suddenly gets to be right, and back the way it was. That doesn’t mean there aren’t consequences. I stand with the victim. I stand with Baz.

projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 14:23
^ Now I'm not sure I feel comfortable to get back on topic, but I will do it anyway.

Marketing at its best! Sounds good!
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 14:48
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

^ Now I'm not sure I feel comfortable to get back on topic, but I will do it anyway.

I don’t believe anyone has ever been off topic. Your second sentence is so insensitive, I felt I had to edit it out. 🙄

projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 15:34
^ I was referring to the "original" topic:

Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

I'vs found something interesting to share:

Andy Tillison (The Tangent), Jonas Reingold (The Tangent, Karmakanic) and Roberto Tiranti (Labyrinth) release an album "Allium". It is a concept album about an Italian band that Andy Tillison has seen performing when he was 15. The trailer sounds very promising, a foray by two musicians from The Tangent into RPI territories:

And I'm not an expert in marketing, but I think it's often "insensitive" as you say... I was just trying to get back to the music itself.

Maybe we should start another thread to talk about this album? Or not...
shanocles View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanocles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 20:36
hmmm... all very interesting reading. but has definitely put some weirdness to what should have been a very exciting release for me - I love RPI.Clap
feel sorry for all the parties involved.
this whole COVID year has messed with peoples minds - too much time at home - idleness breeds troubled waters...

if left is wrong i don't wanna be right...
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2021 at 01:10
Originally posted by shanocles shanocles wrote:

hmmm... all very interesting reading. but has definitely put some weirdness to what should have been a very exciting release for me - I love RPI.Clap
this whole COVID year has messed with peoples minds - too much time at home - idleness breeds troubled waters...

I know, right. I love RPI, and definitely have far more classic symphonic prog from Italy in my collection than the UK. My big six from that period would almost all be Italian. And I would be looking forward to this release, for sure. But the excitement has definitely been tempered by the weirdness, to use your words.

It’s a shame, for sure.

shanocles View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanocles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2021 at 03:28

Originally posted by shanocles shanocles wrote:

I know, right. I love RPI, and definitely have far more classic symphonic prog from Italy in my collection than the UK. My big six from that period would almost all be Italian. And I would be looking forward to this release, for sure. But the excitement has definitely been tempered by the weirdness, to use your words.

It’s a shame, for sure.

Yeah RPI forever!! I pre ordered this the moment I got email from reingold records a week ago. Cost a pretty penny to get to Australia though. Still…
if left is wrong i don't wanna be right...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>