Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vernacular Verbose - A Jethro Tull podcast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaramousche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vernacular Verbose - A Jethro Tull podcast
    Posted: May 20 2021 at 03:10
Hi everybody, we're Joey Vetter and Eugene Manko, musicians and longtime Jethro Tull enthusiasts. Recently we launched a brand new Tull podcast.

Vernacular Verbose features critical discussion and analysis of Tull music, history etc. Our primary goal is to record an in-depth track-by-track analysis of every album in the Tull discography, although we're open to doing other format episodes down the road as well.

Click the link below to stream our first three episodes, including our track-by-track analysis of "This Was" and "Stand Up" on the platform of your choice.

https://linktr.ee/VernacularVerbose

This is very much a podcast for Tull fans, by Tull fans and we hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making them. Episodes releasing every other Wednesday.
Artik View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Artik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 07:38
Thanx for the info! Subsrcibed :)
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 07:48
Nice! You can never have too much Tull!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
scaramousche View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaramousche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 08:05
Thank you Artik and SteveG!
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaramousche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2021 at 06:52
I'm not going to inundate this thread with regular podcast updates as I trust that everyone who want to follow will find us —

but this one feels special to me because a) it's Aqualung b) we're making a number of interesting points I think and c) I go full 12Tone* as I try to explain a single (ubiquitous) chord in Locomotive Breath LOL

https://anchor.fm/vernacular-verbose/episodes/Aqualung-1971---Track-by-Track-AnalysisReview-e12jamv
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2021 at 16:00
Nice. You guys should go through the remix album book sets. Cover all the awesome extra tracks.
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaramousche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2021 at 16:09
Originally posted by dr prog dr prog wrote:

Nice. You guys should go through the remix album book sets. Cover all the awesome extra tracks.

Haha maybe when we're done with the base discography! Otherwise we'll be looking at 3h long episodes pretty soon — doing APP and Château in one session, can you imagine?
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 02:04
Originally posted by scaramousche scaramousche wrote:

Originally posted by dr prog dr prog wrote:

Haha maybe when we're done with the base discography! Otherwise we'll be looking at 3h long episodes pretty soon — doing APP and Château in one session, can you imagine?

You could do a part 1 and 2 for Aqualung, APP, Warchild and Stormwatch. All double album sessions
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
 Post Reply Post Reply