12 [42.86%]
16 [57.14%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lady Lake vs Avalon
    Posted: May 20 2021 at 03:29
Two albums of completly different nature and nurture yet is closely linked if you view them in context to arthurian legends. How pivotal Lady of the Lake is for Merlin connection to Avalon. Lady of the Lake whom is going by the name of Ninuve (spelling) is an intrigiung folklorik character.

Both albums feature an either direct facination to arthurian mystisisme or have a druidic hypnotic connection to nature, your soul and stuff.

So either your likness for the gruff and coiling nature of Gnidrologs Lady Lake or your more svayed bye the suave ebb and flow of Avalon - chanted by the druids of Roxy Music

Edited by Icarium - May 20 2021 at 04:33
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 03:57
The suave and sophisticated sound of Avalon, although I like to dive into Lady Lake from time to time too. Smile
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 04:11
^ both albums feature variation of saxophone and woodwind instruments, spessialy the song "Ship" on Lady Lake have amazing sax riff, splendid guiar and a succulant groove.

Edited by Icarium - May 20 2021 at 04:12
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 07:00
I like both a lot, but Roxy Music gets my vote, just by an inch.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 07:28
Nimuë is possibly my favourite literary villain. I always like villains whose nature is more ambiguous than cartoonish pure evil. But as much as I love Roxy Music, it is their earlier albums that get the most of my love. Avalon is ok, but my vote goes to Gnidrolog here.

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 07:50
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Nimuë is possibly my favourite literary villain. I always like villains whose nature is more ambiguous than cartoonish pure evil. But as much as I love Roxy Music, it is their earlier albums that get the most of my love. Avalon is ok, but my vote goes to Gnidrolog here.

is'nt Nimue villain of Merlin while Morgana le Fay is Arthurs. Sister/villain, a slight simplified, in the BBC series Merlin, Nimue though villanus also werr Merkins secret love/forbidden love.
Upbeat Tango Monday View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upbeat Tango Monday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 10:28
Lady Lake
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 11:42
Gnidrolog
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 12:10
LL
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 13:07
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

is'nt Nimue villain of Merlin while Morgana le Fay is Arthurs. Sister/villain, a slight simplified, in the BBC series Merlin, Nimue though villanus also werr Merkins secret love/forbidden love.

I haven’t seen the BBC series, but I presume it will be greatly simplified. Nimuë and Morgan were both cast as Lady of the Lake, and both were ambiguous in their character, so that while they tend to be seen as villains, they certainly had elements that were helpful.

There is very little clear-cut villainy in Arthurian legend, and a lot of it comes down to foreknowledge. Merlin knew it would be Nimuë who would be his end. Mordred knew it was his destiny to kill Arthur. How the characters dealt with foreknowledge added a lot to the stories.

someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 15:50
Gnidrolog.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 16:45
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

^ both albums feature variation of saxophone and woodwind instruments, spessialy the song "Ship" on Lady Lake have amazing sax riff, splendid guiar and a succulant groove.

Gnidrolog's Lady Lake album sounds a bit like Van der Graaf Generator to me, but I didn't let that put me off. Tongue
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 02:05
Avalon - Roxy Music
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 07:49
 Roxy Music - Avalon
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 08:35
Lady Lake is a far more interesting album.....while Avalon is basically the start of Ferry's solo career.
Always been a Roxy fan but one gets tired of his crooning over lost love or finding a new one. Avalon is very suave and polished but...........Gnidrolog this time.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 09:42
Gnidrolog
 Post Reply Post Reply