Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ozric Tentacles - Vitamin Enhanced remastered

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost Whistler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ozric Tentacles - Vitamin Enhanced remastered
    Posted: May 20 2021 at 11:27
To anyone that has picked up this box set, what's the quality of the remasters like given the original material was always pretty lo fi in terms of production.

Thanks
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2021 at 17:04
Hi,

I'm skipping it. It had some good things but they never got better than ERPLAND and STRANGEITUDE, and the saddest thing was that after the flute player left, the band lost a very special touch to the music and it stopped having the feeling of something new and far out. Basically it was then, just becoming a setup for Ed's guitar bits and that was that, and you can see it on his solo album, that is a bit coming back to that earlier era, however, in the end, there is nothing new in it, and while it has nice things in it, it is not exactly an exciting and far out album as they had done and been before.

I think that too many musicians coming and going hurt. I did not mind Brandi, however, I thought that someone of her ability from the music school would know more/better than just keeping a beat for her husband which I think may have been what could have caused the end of their marriage. She wasn't bad, but she could have used some better application to what she did, although all the earlier stuff that she had to learn was probably easier than the new stuff, though she seems just fine with it, although I think some would suggest that she didn't have the chops to handle it better. I kinda think, that the chops around her were very limited, but that is my feeling and I'm sure that Ed would disagree as he would have to adjust or change some things that he wanted to do.

All in all, I would rather that those two other earlier albums be redone instead. They have a lot more to show about this band in their best days!

Edited by moshkito - May 26 2021 at 17:05
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply