Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mobiUS best new prog band of 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiUS123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mobiUS best new prog band of 2021
    Posted: May 22 2021 at 05:12
http://mobius-prog.com
Follow us - the best immersive prog rock band of 2021

Here is a sample of one of the tracks  ‘Odyssey

mobiUS are: 
me! Tim Newcombe : keys and piano
Andy Hughes: guitar vocals
Andy Clifton: drums and percussion 
Alistair McCaig : bass

Our first album “Make the promise’” is now live on the following platforms

Spotify
Apple Music
iTunes
Instagram & Facebook
TikTok & Resso
YouTube Music
Amazon.com
Soundtrack by Twitch
Pandora - For more info, click HERE.
Deezer 
TIDAL
Napster
iHeartRadio
ClaroMusica
Saavn
Anghami
KKBox
Boomplay
Snapchat - Beta, more info HERE
NetEase - Beta
Tencent - Beta, which includes the following services:
- QQ Music
- Kugou Music
- Kuwo Music
- WeSing
- Ultimate Music
Pretzel - Beta, more info HERE
Triller - Beta
TouchTunes - More info HERE
Audiomack - More info HERE
Yandex Music - Beta
Plus many smaller outlets through MediaNet, such as Dubset and these other services

You can get in touch through the website http://www.mobius-prog.com
Or through the mobiUS page on Facebook 

#prog
#progrock
#progrockmusic
#progmusic
#mobiUS

Edited by mobiUS123 - May 22 2021 at 10:05
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2021 at 06:48
No Bandcamp?
mobiUS123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiUS123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2021 at 07:00
Bandcamp! good call, i’ll look into it thanks
mobiUS123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiUS123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2021 at 09:56
 Good call wiz_d_kidd
Thanks for the message 😁🎶👍
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2021 at 20:09
A good album indeed. Welcome Tim! Thumbs Up

Anyway this thread was moved to "Welcome artists" section. Hope your project will be added in our Library anytime.
mobiUS123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiUS123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2021 at 00:12
Thanks DamoXt7942  apologies for posting in the wrong forum. Love the site!
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 14:34
Just watched the video for "Odyssey." Great stuff!!! Very impressive work.
The Prog Corner
mobiUS123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiUS123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 14:41
hi miamiscot - Thanks very much indeed! you’re very kind. If you like it, please check out our other tracks here’s the spotify link https://open.spotify.com/album/77z5V4oBMSTSEePQ5Ukb99

Just making a video for Rain Another Day and the band is busy recording for the new album. will be a busy year! 

thanks again!
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 16:02
I couldn't find mobiUS on facebook, though I did manage to find your personal page. Are any of the teams evaluating you for inclusion here? I'm surprised how little there is on the Internet at the moment other than the album itself on the various streaming platforms. Have you been in touch with Prog Magazine, or any of the progressive rock Internet radio stations/podcasters for some exposure? It's a fine album, and deserves to be heard!
mobiUS123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiUS123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 23:55
Hi Yam Yam. Thanks very much for your comments. its great to hear you like it! I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to promotion and not sure how it all works. The team put this post here in Welcome artist so im not sure if that means they are evaluating me for inclusion. No i haven’t been in touch with prog magazine, but i will now! thanks very much! i did send all the tracks to morow.com but not heard anything from them yet. I’m not sure of of any others to contact? any help and advice would be gratefully received!
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2021 at 03:58
that's what I call self-confidence Tongue
I'm making a promise - your band will be evaluated by a genre team soon. I'm not sure which yet ...

mobiUS123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiUS123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2021 at 08:27
Thanks Rivertree. I hope so😁🎶 Just an update to the posters on this thread (My continuing promotional journey🙃) . i’ve emailed prog magazine and included a link to odyssey and my website. i’ve now got a presence on bandcamp (https://mobius3.bandcamp.com/releases) i’ve emailed prog-univers radio station and morow.com and awaiting replies. ive updated my website with an album description (www.mobius-prog.com). i flirted with instagram pretty unsuccessfully i think as ive never really used it, promoted on facebook which is a sort of goto, and plopped it on pintrest. just because i had the link😃. Now putting the kettle and my feet up for a while!👍😁
mobiUS123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiUS123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2021 at 08:59
And a general message - i’ve noticed if anyone would like to follow us - and i’m busy writing the next album along with getting some funky video’s together so you’ll be the first to get the new stuff - here’s a link on bandcamp. https://mobius3.bandcamp.com/follow_me  do it - you know you want too😁🎶
mobiUS123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiUS123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2021 at 13:04
I’m not sure if this is the right place to do it, but can i give huge thanks to Yam Yam here in Prog Archives. He gave me super helpful advice and i’ve now had offers of features on a number of radio shows. Absolutely splendid. Not only that, but i’ve discovered a whole new universe of prog stations to listen too! Thanks very much yam yam!
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2021 at 15:13
^ No worries at all! I'm just really pleased that it has proved to be beneficial to you! 
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2021 at 15:24
stylistically not easy to pigeonhole in its entirety, I will forward this to the Neo Prog team
So They Tell Me, I really liked this song Clap

mobiUS123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiUS123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2021 at 15:43
Thanks very much - I can’t admit to aiming for a specific sub genre while i was writing it. I really like songs that develop and breathe. I try and stitch together unusual time signatures to sometimes unbalance the song before falling into more comfortable rhythms as a contrast. I also enjoy certain chord progressions and the effects that layered instruments can have on my mood. Once the song is finished, its overall feel tends to be dictated more by where the song creation process has taken me, rather than a strict adherence to a set of genre influenced codes. 
Crikey that sounded too rambling now i’ve reread it! I also like So they tell me. The middle 5/4 section was a real challenge to play remotely with the other musicians. It’s good to keep them on their toes!😁
mobiUS123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiUS123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2021 at 04:03
this is work in progess - mobiUS facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/mobiUSProg/

Edited by mobiUS123 - May 28 2021 at 04:05
mobiUS123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiUS123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2021 at 15:31
hi All - just working on a youtube channel for the band. Have a browse! https://youtube.com/channel/UCgoylTpxJS3Q704PbCS1TUg
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2021 at 05:26
 Post Reply Post Reply