Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steve Vai - Passion & Warfare (1990)

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Fave Track of This Classic Vai Record?!
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
1 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [30.00%]
2 [20.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [20.00%]
1 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steve Vai - Passion & Warfare (1990)
    Posted: May 24 2021 at 00:13
My favorite Steve Vai record, to this day! Got a fresh copy and was blasting in yesterday in the nice weather; perfect! What's your favorite track?!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 09:25
It’s actually the only Steve Vai album I have and I love every second of it.
It’s hard not to vote for the amazing For The Love Of God but I won’t because I’m sure it’s gonna win this one.
I’ll go for Blue Powder.
Cylli Kat (0fficial) View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cylli Kat (0fficial) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 13:02
I have to agree with Sagichim.

I adore "For the Love of God".
But "Blue Powder" is the sound of my soul being played on an Ibanez Jem Series!!!
However, I almost voted for "Love Secrets" due to its backstory and overall weirdness.
Hey, I ain't called Cylli for no reason!!! Wink
(Insert Clever Words Here)
I'm actually this guy: Cylli Kat
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 23:45
Awesome choice and posts, guys! Clap

This is by far my favorite Vai album. I know all the licks by ear like you'd learn lyrical lines, lol. Greasy Kid's Stuff is my track; fantastic rhythm guitar happening under there, sounds like 7/8? Cool

Tasartir View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tasartir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2021 at 04:34
I've always thought Erotic Nightmares was a monster song, so that one gets my vote.
...Histoires Sans Paroles...
Cylli Kat (0fficial) View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cylli Kat (0fficial) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2021 at 04:01
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

This is by far my favorite Vai album. I know all the licks by ear like you'd learn lyrical lines, lol. Greasy Kid's Stuff is my track; fantastic rhythm guitar happening under there, sounds like 7/8? Cool

The ex-wife ended up with my copy of the Hal Leonard Book of Steve's own transcriptions for P & W.
[Correction/Clarification: the ex-wife ended up with ALL my sheet music and/or tab books, plus every issue and back issue of Guitar Player magazine from '75 onward, and every issue of Guitar World and Guitar for the Practicing Musician to boot. - And she doesn't even play!!! Angry grrr]
But I found these online:
https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/steve-vai/greasy-kids-stuff-guitar-pro-234310
https://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/steve-vai-greasy-kids-stuff-tab-s54622t0

Apparently, it's 4/4 & 5/4!

Edited by Cylli Kat (0fficial) - May 26 2021 at 04:25
(Insert Clever Words Here)
I'm actually this guy: Cylli Kat
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2021 at 04:15
I haven't listened to this album in a really long time, but I will change that. Tongue
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2021 at 05:12
Originally posted by Cylli Kat (0fficial) Cylli Kat (0fficial) wrote:

Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

The ex-wife ended up with my copy of the Hal Leonard Book of Steve's own transcriptions for P & W.
[Correction/Clarification: the ex-wife ended up with ALL my sheet music and/or tab books, plus every issue and back issue of Guitar Player magazine from '75 onward, and every issue of Guitar World and Guitar for the Practicing Musician to boot. - And she doesn't even play!!! Angry grrr]
But I found these online:
https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/steve-vai/greasy-kids-stuff-guitar-pro-234310
https://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/steve-vai-greasy-kids-stuff-tab-s54622t0

Apparently, it's 4/4 & 5/4!

Excellent, and thank you! Clap

Post Reply Post Reply