Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [75.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [25.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your favorite album - The Mute Gods
    Posted: May 31 2021 at 14:22
So, I happen to enjoy The Mute Gods A LOT you guys, and I decided to 'poll' them. In case you do not know who the are, TMG are a British prog rock supergroup, consisting of Nick Beggs, Marco Minnemann, and Roger King. Awesome, isn't it?

Got a favorite album? Favorite song?
*Mine has to be the debut*

Edited by A Crimson Mellotron - May 31 2021 at 14:22
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2021 at 16:29
I voted for Atheists and Believers, but I like their three albums.
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2021 at 19:57
Their debut.
The other two never clicked. 
Welcome to the middle of the film.
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 00:32
Sorry can't vote here. Love these artists. Just don't like their albums although I've tried to. You can't beat someone who knows how to write a good song. There's a guy going around who writes songs for Spock's Beard. They should use him because he knows how to write songs for great instrumentalists. 
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 20:34
3 really good albums, debut for me. With The Nighschool for Idiots they had a whimsical and refreshing pop prog ditty, as well as the gorgeous Father Daughter and a couple of cool scorchers . Beggs is a tremendous bass player and original vocalist 

Edited by tszirmay - June 02 2021 at 20:38
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 20:56
I haven't heard the band yet, but from reading the reviews it looks like the themes it explores might somwhat appeal to this sceptic with a rather pessimistic and perhaps  a little too cynical view of humanity -- although it might be a bit message heavy and preachy for me.  I am more of an instrumental guy.

Originally posted by iluvmarillion iluvmarillion wrote:

Sorry can't vote here. Love these artists. Just don't like their albums although I've tried to. You can't beat someone who knows how to write a good song. There's a guy going around who writes songs for Spock's Beard. They should use him because he knows how to write songs for great instrumentalists. 

Who with Spock's Beard?  I only know the Neal Morse era, but from what I have seen of the kind of content from reading a few reviews, I don't think his Christian-themes would fit well with The Mute Gods, but that's just my impression from reading the reviews, and I may well be wrong or off-base.  I think he came back back at least one album.  Not a fan of Spock's Beard or Neal Morse, so sorry if I'm not getting what you are "preaching".

After now listening to some of the music, it does remind me of Spock's Beard.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 22:12
Tardigrades is the only one I have and I haven't even listened to it yet. Since it has no votes I'm kind of scared to now. :P
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 22:34
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I haven't heard the band yet, but from reading the reviews it looks like the themes it explores might somwhat appeal to this sceptic with a rather pessimistic and perhaps  a little too cynical view of humanity -- although it might be a bit message heavy and preachy for me.  I am more of an instrumental guy.

Who with Spock's Beard?  I only know the Neal Morse era, but from what I have seen of the kind of content from reading a few reviews, I don't think his Christian-themes would fit well with The Mute Gods, but that's just my impression from reading the reviews, and I may well be wrong or off-base.  I think he came back back at least one album.  Not a fan of Spock's Beard or Neal Morse, so sorry if I'm not getting what you are "preaching".

John Boegehold. He's been associated with Spock's Beard since the early days. Doesn't play any instrument on the tracks, but writes a lot of their songs for them. The Mute Gods are incredible musicians but they lack that strong songwriter (and it's Neal Morse who writes all the Christian stuff).
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 22:43

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

John Boegehold. He's been associated with Spock's Beard since the early days. Doesn't play any instrument on the tracks, but writes a lot of their songs for them. The Mute Gods are incredible musicians but they lack that strong songwriter (and it's Neal Morse who writes all the Christian stuff).

Okay, thanks. I didn't know that name. After reading some of the lyrics I get where you're coming from. I do like various Spock's Beard and I might expect that John B. wrote those lyrics -- not that I'm against Christian themed music as I have quite a lot in my collection that draws on Christianity. Morse can lay it on rather thick.

Edited by Logan - June 02 2021 at 22:44
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2022 at 14:53
Oops to be honest with you all. I haven’t heard any of the albums. So I can’t vote here
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply