Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roger Waters~Animals Reissue...Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roger Waters~Animals Reissue...Issue
    Posted: June 01 2021 at 10:47
Mr Waters still pissed that he is not a part of the Pink Floyd website, ok get over it dude! But is now pissed that Gilmour is not allowing what I understand are to be new liner notes for the upcoming release of the 2018 remix of Animals. It seems the liner notes may explain further who did what on the album, but those notes were not in the original album release. 
Normally when a band does a reissue they try and stay true to the original packaging, pictures, labels and such. I suspect these new notes were putting Waters on a pedestal......If Roger Waters wants to blow his own horn I say go for it and finish up his memoirs and release the book! I am sure that will only start Pink Floyd WWII

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 10:49
Ohh snap.......maybe move this to Prog News, Press Releases
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 11:30
Floyd Wars:  The Next Generation - original liner notes to album reissues shouldn't be messed with; however, addendums and info to broaden the experience are always welcome. 
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 11:39
Maybe he should title his book "Waters vs. Gilmour.".
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 15:55
I hope they realize all this nonsense is only hurting themselves. In any case, I want to see what the package brings, to decide if I’ll buy it or not.
MrMan2000 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMan2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 16:40
Did I miss something? I thought on the video RW said he authorized the release without the new liner notes? 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 16:49
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

I hope they realize all this nonsense is only hurting themselves. In any case, I want to see what the package brings, to decide if I’ll buy it or not.

I agree. They could be a massive touring band of the past say 20yrs, they would sell out everywhere! Even now with Richard gone, they could still be a huge band....but those two!!

I looked further into this reissue and it is being called a 2018 Remix done by James Guthrie, who has done all the 2016 remasters including Animals all from original master tapes. So I can only assume this "2018" version is using the same 2016 version the James already did....What you get is some additional stuff like a Bluray 5.1 mix, DVD and CD as well an LP.

This is starting to look like a cash grab. I suspect this box set will run $75-$100, and the 2016 LP version still goes for about $30....so hmmmm Shocked.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 16:51
Originally posted by MrMan2000 MrMan2000 wrote:

Did I miss something? I thought on the video RW said he authorized the release without the new liner notes? 

He did....but he is still needed to make a post and video about it. On his website he printed what those liner notes were to include. Basically it reads like the history of the album how it came about, and of course it's all about RW and he mentions his normal political additions BS/krapp ...LOL
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 17:46
F*ck Roger Waters. Insufferable pr*ck. What will he name his memoir, "If You Meddle With The Ego, You Can't Have Any Pudding"? 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 19:24
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

F*ck Roger Waters. Insufferable pr*ck. What will he name his memoir, "If You Meddle With The Ego, You Can't Have Any Pudding"? 

LOL

AKA - "Wot's...Uh the Deal"
I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
Sacro_Porgo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 19:36
Waters is a genius, gotta admit, but he seems unable to practice what he preaches.
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 20:00
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

I really don't think this feud is really hurting them, at least financially. Every time one of those dudes makes a negative comment about the other, sales seem to boost (although I have no statistical proof of that). Sometimes I think they keep all that mess going on so that the subliminal publicity behind it all will move people to go see BOTH David Gilmour and Roger Waters concerts, and to make them buy more Gilmour, Waters, and Floyd reissues.Wacko
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 23:59
You see this behavior we're witnessing?

This is precisely the type of bullsh*t that makes me lose massive amounts of respect for people that have had the privilege of making a living making sounds in front of crowds.

Waters is actually made words printed on paper aren't what he wants. If I ever get to this level of complaining I'll know I've made it I guess LOL.

What a shame.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 02:16
We all protect the ego. Waters just doesn’t have the opportunity of doing it on the sly like most other folks...and effectively ends up looking slightly like a megalomaniac.
Nil novo sub sole
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 03:48
Correct. It's magnified when you're a celebrity, no doubt there. It makes you look neurotic AF at this level though.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 07:22
I find it odd that the PINK FLOYD site shows Polly Samson's sh*t, but not Roger Waters, the man who wrote almost everything. How were those albums after Roger left? sh*t.
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 08:58
Originally posted by MortSahlFan MortSahlFan wrote:

I find it odd that the PINK FLOYD site shows Polly Samson's sh*t, but not Roger Waters, the man who wrote almost everything. How were those albums after Roger left? sh*t.
Part of it is because Roger Waters is no longer "Pink Floyd", they made that split years ago. Gilmour, IIRC, remains the sole owner of Pink Floyd.
What I don't get is that RW continues to harp on the fact that he wrote the material.....no duh dude, in the liner notes for most of the albums he is credited where it is due, from a legal copyright perspective, RW is the writer.
But he pushes that over and over like we the fans don't know how to read liner notes and credits.

I mean back in the day for example if he is going to claim he wrote all of Echoes, then why are they all included in the credits? He brought up Money and the cash register sound saying that Gilmour was nowhere to be found when that sound click was created...ok great, Waters is already credited for writing Money, so what is his beef?? The only one that can talk about how Money was created is Waters Confused

Roger Waters is wasting his time bitchin and moanin about the PF website and how he is banned from it. I'm not a part of Pink Floyd and I am sure I would be banned from it too LOL.

I'm not saying Gilmour and others have no part in this, but man RW needs to get laid or something......what a waste of talent.
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 09:42
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Part of it is because Roger Waters is no longer "Pink Floyd", they made that split years ago. Gilmour, IIRC, remains the sole owner of Pink Floyd.
What I don't get is that RW continues to harp on the fact that he wrote the material.....no duh dude, in the liner notes for most of the albums he is credited where it is due, from a legal copyright perspective, RW is the writer.
But he pushes that over and over like we the fans don't know how to read liner notes and credits.

I mean back in the day for example if he is going to claim he wrote all of Echoes, then why are they all included in the credits? He brought up Money and the cash register sound saying that Gilmour was nowhere to be found when that sound click was created...ok great, Waters is already credited for writing Money, so what is his beef?? The only one that can talk about how Money was created is Waters Confused

Roger Waters is wasting his time bitchin and moanin about the PF website and how he is banned from it. I'm not a part of Pink Floyd and I am sure I would be banned from it too LOL.

I'm not saying Gilmour and others have no part in this, but man RW needs to get laid or something......what a waste of talent.

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 12:05

Really wish Waters would stop with this kind of petty/stupisd stuff. He's making an arse of himself

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

then again, Gilmour is just as much of an arse, bringing in his wife in the fold is idiotic and designed to irrate Ol'Rog.

This said, I understand that Floyd also belongs to Mason.

let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 12:14
And also the estate of one Richard Wright.

Edited by SteveG - June 02 2021 at 12:15
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>