Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

70s Video of Prog-Bands w/ Female Singer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70s Video of Prog-Bands w/ Female Singer
    Posted: June 01 2021 at 13:01
This seems to be very rare on YouTube! I try to do routine checks and was actually reminded by a video posted by a fellow member. Popular or the least popular bands - doesn't matter, just actual video concert, not the typical music video where audio (usually studio) is synchronized with any video.

There is Curved Air, some Renaissance, but you know how it is. One minute there's a ton of videos, then they're taken down, then someone else uploads them, etc...

Savage Rose

https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 13:36
Henry Cow live in Vevey, Switzerland, 1976

Wish I could find some live footage of National Health with Amanda Parsons Cry
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 15:57
 Nice to see the Ladies of prog in action and getting some recognition.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 16:16
definitely this one:

don't ask me why they show the Swedish flag in the beginning; Frumpy were a German band, and Beat-Club was a German TV show

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 22:44
Frumpy are one of the best things ever!! Thumbs Up Heart
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 07:27
Earth & Fire

Edited by MortSahlFan - June 02 2021 at 07:29
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Dark Ness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dark Ness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 09:01

Not for everyone's taste, but anyway here it is ...

Prog123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2021 at 13:14

Edited by Prog123 - June 11 2021 at 13:19
Prog123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2021 at 13:15

Edited by Prog123 - June 11 2021 at 13:19
Prog123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2021 at 13:17
Prog123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2021 at 13:27
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2021 at 17:45
Hi,

Very enjoyable ... and the only one that seemed to not fit well was Annette Peacock ... maybe if it was jazzier it would have been better ... not sure.

Not sure about Henry Cow ... if you take out Dagmar's voice, I can't help thinking FZ.

Savage Rose was always very interesting, and that very bluesy song was nice. The band deserved better than they ever got but it was not appreciated as much as it probably should have. 

All others were fine. 

There are clips of AD2 on the net, and although they do not show Renate at the front, she's still there, and most of the material is from YETI. The album that should/could have been filmed would be the LIVE IN LONDON show which was fantastic on the album already! And remember ... some of the footage you see from the early days in AD2 are from WERNER HERZOG ... not that he helped the band much, but I keep thinking that he should do a special on AD2 ... and I bet he has some more material in his closet!

Edited by moshkito - June 11 2021 at 17:49
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2021 at 18:00

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 05:45
Hi,

Too bad that we can not make Jefferson Airplane in this list. I suppose that not enough of their music fits the progressive mold at all, but in the end, the effect that JA had on many European bands, but I wonder if too many folks think that a lot of their stuff was not worth the discussion. But when you hear that bass and some of the vocals, things are way more progressive than a lot of things just listed here!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Prog123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 08:54
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

Too bad that we can not make Jefferson Airplane in this list. I suppose that not enough of their music fits the progressive mold at all, but in the end, the effect that JA had on many European bands, but I wonder if too many folks think that a lot of their stuff was not worth the discussion. But when you hear that bass and some of the vocals, things are way more progressive than a lot of things just listed here!

Jefferson Airplane? For me they are a fundamental band in creating progressive (= innovative) music in the USA

Prog123 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 09:05

Ok ... Steeleye Span is a Folk Rock band. Or, better ... it's a band that produces music that is Progressive in the Folk field. So including it here is fair, in my opinion.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2021 at 10:22
Hi,

INCREDIBLE STRING BAND

The album Earth Span ... the whole thing is so far out and out there, that it is hardly discussed or appreciated. Since they concentrated on doing POETRY instead of just songs, a lot of their material is not something that most people can get their ear on ... but it is far more progressive and creative than a lot of things listed here ... with a lot of attention could/should be given to Lickey and Rose for their addition to the group and their incredible vocal moments even though they are not the main voices most of the time, but when they are ... it is a treat!

As much as I like Maddy Prior and SS, I still love the ISB a lot more and play it a lot more specially today ... some of the things they put together are amazing!

Edited by moshkito - June 13 2021 at 10:23
www.pedrosena.com
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2021 at 11:15
 Post Reply Post Reply