Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bastian Per - Way Back Home (New concept album)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bastian Per - Way Back Home (New concept album)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebprosperi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bastian Per - Way Back Home (New concept album)
    Posted: June 04 2021 at 09:01
After receiving exceptional critical praise by internationally recognized media on their debut, Bastian Per announces the release of their second studio album, which deals with today’s poignant humanitarian issues and self-inflicted harm. The new concept album confronts the listener with philosophical discussions and existential dilemmas without sacrificing a bit of the band’s musical creativity and poetry along the way. In the year of the pandemic, Bastian Per felt the urgent need to address a number of ethical issues and seek shelter in the art of composition. In an attempt to show the complexity of what’s at stake, this wake-up call needed to strike the perfect balance between a comprehensive range of rich, intricate sounds and its powerful lyrics. The album features no less than prog legend Derek Sherinian on track ´Greatness Delirium´, performing an outstanding keyboard solo.

https://bastianper.bandcamp.com/album/way-back-home

Track Listing on Way Back Home:

1. A Better World (1:08)

2. Overture (5:27)

3. Defeat Device (4:02)

4. The Lonely Shepherd (4:22)

5. Through the Fires (4:36)

6. Seize the Day (4:49)

7. Deadly Virus (5:25)

8. The Mystery Behind (4:38)

9. The Safe Place (4:13)

10. Greatness Delirium (ft. Derek Sherinian) (2:52)

11. Way Back Home (8:42)

12. Divine Device (5:46)

Mariano Barreiro - Vocals

Sebastian Prosperi – Guitars & vocals

Gabriel Kohout – Keyboards

Martin Sokol – Bass

Maximiliano Cataldi – Drums

Studio: Romaphonic (Arg.)

Rec & edit & Mix (track 12): Jero Olivera

Mix (tracks 1 to 11): Edu Pereyra

Master: Daniel Ovie

Producer: Sebastian Prosperi

Co-producer: Gabriel Kohout

“The musicianship here is of the virtuoso variety - the complex time signatures of instrumental

Beginner´s Luck would give Dream Theater a run for their collective money. Bastian Per is most

definitely one to watch in future”

- PROG Magazine UK (Issue #100).

“The melodic twist they have introduced gives the record that touch of uniqueness. The music on this

album is as good as there is out there now in this genre.”

- Powerplay Magazine UK (Issue #225).

“The track Confrontation sounds like a bonus track from `Metropolis - Part 1: The Miracle And The

Sleeper`. This is an excellent debut from Bastian Per and I ́m looking forward to album number two

already.”

- Fireworks Magazine UK (Issue #88).

Bandcamp: https://bastianper.bandcamp.com/

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/bastianper.music

Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/bastianper.music

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2021 at 18:45
Suggested in April 2019, and evaluated for inclusion in Prog Metal, where the band was rejected, with two members of the team voting 'unsure', one voting 'yes' and one voting 'no'. A fresh evaluation would be possible now that a new album is available, but you'd need unanimous 'yes' votes from the team having been previously rejected in Prog Metal. A fair chunk of the material sounds quite melodic and 'accessible' from a quick listen, with maybe even a hint of an AOR vibe in places, which is no bad thing to my own ears, but I suspect this may be what led to your downfall first time round. The other option might be an evaluation in Heavy Prog rather than Prog Metal, since not all the material is what I would really class as metal, but that is not for me to decide, since I am not a collaborator, and only come to this part of the forum to discover new artists to check out.

For what it's worth, I really like this music. Both albums are fine efforts, I and can see why the first one got such good reviews. Approve
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 05:23
I will submit the band to the Heavy Prog team since I think the Pm team must have think that it's on the light side more prog rock then prog metal. Tcat and me will give you a quick feedback.
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2021 at 05:41
Bastian Per​​​ added to Heavy Prog
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2021 at 06:45
^ Quick work indeed! Clap
sebprosperi View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebprosperi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2021 at 19:36
wow, very much appreciated my friends!
 Post Reply Post Reply