Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Euro 2020 Football Championship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
Poll Question: Which team do you support?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.25%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
7 [21.88%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
4 [12.50%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2021 at 15:05
He set up the first goal and setup up an easy chance Ramsey missed in the first half.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2021 at 15:09
^ Missed a penalty ridiculously, made too many passing errors... His shooting was terrible too. I was actually shocked at how badly he played.

But, he was the real Bale through the end. Very classy.

Edited by Shadowyzard - June 16 2021 at 15:34
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 02:53
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

You are allowed to touch the attacker, it has to be deemed careless or reckless to become a foul. It's not a non-contact sport.

This is what the rules say (they add "excessive force"). The refs have a lot to interpret there (the rules actually give definitions of these terms, but none of them involves what happens to the attacked player or where the ball goes). There's nothing in the rules that refers to "falling", actually not even to playing the ball, let alone how soft the touch was. There is a reference to "contact" but that assumes that it is considered careless, reckless, or using excessive force. 

Edit: Oh actually I was kind of wrong, the rules also say, a little bit below, that "impeding an opponent with contact" counts, so that's probably the best case to make here. One could still argue though that Mbappe wasn't really impeded as the ball was lost anyway. 

More edit: Even later they say: "Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not within playing distance of either player." So then, if "impeding" is the same as "impeding the progress" at least, it wasn't "impeding" as the ball was there.

Haha, a mathematician reads sports rules... and finds himself puzzled about all those ambiguities.

FIFA removed the previous 'obstruction inside the penalty box' rule in 1997 (which was punishable with an indirect free kick and NOT a penalty kick) and replaced it with 'impeding the progress of an opponent.' as noted by Lewian above

The penalty for impeding remains an indirect free-kick. So when was the last time you ever saw one given?

I'm probably hopelessly biased as a ex defender, but as far as I see it, all the changes they've made to the laws since the 80's have just outlawed tackling as a forgotten art and encouraged in it's place, the so called low block a.k.a. 'parking the bus' and the 'tactical foul' a.k.a. 'cheating', 30 or 40 yards from goal. It's no wonder that spot kicks are now given for impacts where you could kiss the attacker with more 'force' I get it that people (read SPONSORS or CLUELESS FANBOYS) want to see goals but that's only half the game. Good defending can also be great to watch if you have an appreciative grasp about what is required to be successful at the game. That said, Scotland are still a bit sh*tOuch

Edited by ExittheLemming - June 17 2021 at 03:03
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 03:05
None. I'm much more interested in Euro Prog, and Euro Disco too, admittedly. Embarrassed
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 03:06
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

None. I'm much more interested in Euro Prog, and Euro Disco too, admittedly. Embarrassed

Scotland suck at those alsoOuch (probably)
Dark Ness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark Ness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 03:32
I loved to see Italy playing yesterday against Swiss.
Will they win them all ? No one can say, but I surely hope they continue providing good entertainment !
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 03:34
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Scotland suck at those alsoOuch (probably)
Some of my favourite bands are Scottish, including:- Camera Obscura; Deacon Blue; Marmalade; Simple Minds; Texas & The Waterboys. Clap
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 03:46
I support England I guess. I'm not passionate about football by any stretch, but enjoy watching a match.

Wales were excellent yesterday against Turkey. I'd be more than happy for Wales to thrash England in a final. Both squads in pretty good shape.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 03:57
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

I support England I guess. I'm not passionate about football by any stretch, but enjoy watching a match.

Wales were excellent yesterday against Turkey. I'd be more than happy for Wales to thrash England in a final. Both squads in pretty good shape.

Wales surprised me against Turkey (as they were very ordinary against the Swiss)
I'd be more than happy for ANYONE to thrash England in ANY game but I fear the Scots will lose again on Friday Cry
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 04:07
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Wales vs. England in the final match? Shocked

Pretty much a phantasy, but I would love to see such a fantasy come true!
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 04:43
I plan to watch Scotland vs England in an Irih pub, on neutral ground. Just for the sale of it ć.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 04:48
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

I plan to watch Scotland vs England in an Irih pub, on neutral ground. Just for the sale of it ć.

I envy you. Great decision. Have fun!
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 04:53

I plan to watch Scotland vs England in an Irish pub, on neutral ground. Just for the sale of it ć.

That's not neutral ground, the Irish hate the English as much as the Scots do. Have fun, I may see if I can get to the pub.
Ian

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 04:55
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

I plan to watch Scotland vs England in an Irish pub, on neutral ground. Just for the sale of it ć.

That's not neutral ground, the Irish hate the English as much as the Scots do. Have fun, I may see if I can get to the pub.

He said "ground", so I thought solely that. You're right, the Irısh generally hate the English for valid reasons.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 05:00
Today I'm supporting North Macedonia, Denmark and... Netherlands... I'm not a Netherlands fan, but I like their football style.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 05:58
As a German I will always love to see the Dutch lose, but I have no complaints about their football either. The most exciting match may be Belgium vs Denmark if the Danes have managed to pick themselves up after the shocking experience on Saturday. They probably need a point to have chances of getting out of the group and that will be very hard to do, but I hope they'll throw everything at it.

Edited by Lewian - June 17 2021 at 05:59
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 06:39
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 12:03
Great game: Denmark vs. Belgium. I wished a Denmark win, but kudos to both teams. Very quality match. Clap
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 12:16
That was a very good game. 
Ian

UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 12:39
Unfortunately I only had the chance to watch the last 15 minutes of the Danmark-Belgium game, but I hear it was very entertaining. Danmark still have a chance of going through from the group stage if they beat Russia and Belgium beat Finland. I guess a 2-0 win will get them through. I don´t expect them to win but I hope they do Smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>