Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Euro 2020 Football Championship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>
Poll Question: Which team do you support?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.25%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
7 [21.88%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
4 [12.50%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2021 at 17:42
Well done Wales, let's hope England do the business on Tuesday.
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 00:58
^ England (Kane and Sterling in particular) cannot play that poorly three games in a row. I fully expect them to beat the Czech Republic quite comfortably

Edited by ExittheLemming - June 21 2021 at 01:00
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 03:43
England will go through, a draw will be enough. No need to convince. They may even be able to afford a loss. Actually, looking at the bracket, they may not want to win, as finishing second will avoid the runners up of group F, France, Germany, Portugal (the English won't think it will be Hungary, even though that's also still an option). They may face Spain if they draw themselves to second place, but that's not sealed, and they may prefer that to Germany. 
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 04:05
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

^ England (Kane and Sterling in particular) cannot play that poorly three games in a row. I fully expect them to beat the Czech Republic quite comfortably

I'm not sure I'd play Kane tbh, he looks out of sorts.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 05:52
I'd be tempted to sit Kane, it's tempting to try and finish second in the group but I doubt its a good policy. In reality they could very easily draw against Cech and finish second anyway.  The only game England lost in qualifting was against the Czechs. Just play well and try to look a bit more convincing.

Well done Wales. Looked a bit out of their depth at times against an Italian side resting 8 players. Would have been nice if Bale could have smashed in that volley. The red card looked a bit harsh given the yellows in the rest of the tournament.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 06:05
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

The red card looked a bit harsh given the yellows in the rest of the tournament.
I agree, the Italians got away with a lot of pushing and shoving.
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 06:35
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

The red card looked a bit harsh given the yellows in the rest of the tournament.
I agree, the Italians got away with a lot of pushing and shoving.

The guy marking Bale by coming through the back of him should have been booked after the second time. There was a lot of subtle and not so subtle stuff going on. I guess Bale is used to it in La Liga.
Ian

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 06:50
^ by his own vaunted standards, the chance Bale missed was a sitter. In real time I thought the Welsh red card was very harsh but in slow-mo (which always makes challenges appear worse than they really are) it looked a 'studs up no attempt to play the ball' lunge. I'm not convinced Southgate has the cohones to drop both Kane and Sterling but even without them, England have more than enough in reserve to beat the Czechs who, Schick aside are bang average.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 14:38
Astonishing display by Denmark. All decisions go against them but it seems they still make it. Russia (as Ukraine earlier) very weak.

Edited by Lewian - June 21 2021 at 14:39
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 14:50
Denmark!!! HeartClapHeartClap
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 15:21
Great game by Denmark, Russia were awful. As a result England have qualified for the next round as 2 third place finishers have 3 points.
Ian

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 18:35
Denmark really impressed today, showing all the qualities that the beautiful game brings to our minds. Desire, pride, respect, strength, prowess and elation in victory. Damsgaard ....wow! That goal was a classic in decision making and timing. 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 19:13
And Christensen's rocket? Amazing goals 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2021 at 02:47
Today I'm supporting Croatia and Czech Republic. Sorry Brits!

I like English culture immensely. From their music to literature; TV-series/movies to their language... I also am generally good with English people in communication. I had a very good chat with an English couple by the beach a couple of days ago, for instance. Lots of "nice to meet you"s and stuff concluded it.

But, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't like the England national football team. Not because they are weak and all. (And they aren't in fact.) I'm not a blind "winner" supporter. I really have no excitement watching their playing, in general. Unfortunate...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2021 at 04:22
^ Despite having many very skillful players England play as though they are more scared of losing than trying to win by expressing that talent and creativity. In some ways they remind me of many Italian teams down through the years (risk averse, defensive, conservative, pragmatic) That said, Italy in this tournament are a joy to watch. England have the best press officer in world football. it's just a pity he's also their head coach...

Edited by ExittheLemming - June 22 2021 at 04:24
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2021 at 04:47
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

Today I'm supporting Croatia and Czech Republic. Sorry Brits!

I like English culture immensely. From their music to literature; TV-series/movies to their language... I also am generally good with English people in communication. I had a very good chat with an English couple by the beach a couple of days ago, for instance. Lots of "nice to meet you"s and stuff concluded it.

But, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't like the England national football team. Not because they are weak and all. (And they aren't in fact.) I'm not a blind "winner" supporter. I really have no excitement watching their playing, in general. Unfortunate...

Same here in fact, except that in my case it's more some kind of friendly rivalry than that I don't like their football (they are lacklustre at times... but who is not?). They were great to watch in 1996, Euro on their home soil, and the semifinal against Germany was one of the greatest games of football in my view. Could've easily gone either way, I was of course happy for Germany to win, but wouldn't have complained about England winning the trophy.
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2021 at 04:54
If I wasn't English I wouldn't be supporting them either but I've got too much history invested.

C'mon Engerlund! Win ugly!
Ian

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2021 at 14:57
Modric's strike was phenomenal! Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2021 at 15:10
Also, perhaps I should've been more cunning today and supported England. Given that the only team that I genuinely support was Croatia among the 4, and England's win was for their advantage... I wasn't given what I asked for today, but was given what I wanted & needed. Cool

Edit: Not sure about my calculation, anyway. In this tournament, I've neglected some things. Time to bestow my cold and calculating evil mind on necessary things again! Evil Smile

Edited by Shadowyzard - June 22 2021 at 15:33
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2021 at 16:17
England= Geek absolute snore fest.......Czechs were no better....boring 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>