Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Euro 2020 Football Championship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
Poll Question: Which team do you support?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.25%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
7 [21.88%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
4 [12.50%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2021 at 16:28
Croatia don't quite have the spark of 2018 anymore but can still put some great moments together. Nice one. They play deceptively slow and careless at times but finally they have turned up. Not sure what to think of them - still possible that next time they may utterly disappoint, again. Still lots of talent and intelligence in that team.

Edited by Lewian - June 23 2021 at 04:33
TheLionOfPrague View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLionOfPrague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2021 at 18:19
Too bad that 3rd Croatia goal sent the Czechs to 3rd place, hopefully it doesn't have a huge impact in terms of deciding the rival for the last 16.
I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 01:09
I certainly didn't expect Scotland to make it out of the group but the draw against England aside, they were every bit as limited and naive as I anticipated. It's also a pity our only two world class players (Tierney and Robertson) effectively play in the same position. Cry Billy Gilmour is also one for the future.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 04:31
Originally posted by TheLionOfPrague TheLionOfPrague wrote:

Too bad that 3rd Croatia goal sent the Czechs to 3rd place, hopefully it doesn't have a huge impact in terms of deciding the rival for the last 16.

To be honest, I think they can be happy to go through. Unfortunately the great Czech teams (for example the one with the Lion of Prague Clap) are a thing of the past (hopefully of the future again). But the current bunch of players isn't up for something great. They did well within their means, can't complain about their attitude, but I haven't expected much for them and don't do now. 

Are you a native Czech? I love their football... when they do it well, that is.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 08:38
Hi,

I'm thinking that Portugal has to win if they are going to make it and not get a fire truck for first game in the next round. But they will have to include BF a lot more, instead of sticking him to some defensive work, and not allowing him the freedom that he showed at Manchester United to help them do so well in the little time he was there. He's invisible in the two games so far, and I'm not sure that a team can succeed when it does not help its best players do more and play as much or better than they did in their regular team football.

I don't see how France can lose this, and my guess is that their defense can handle one player since Portugal is not spreading the field as much as they need to, in order to get France one on one.

Should be the best game of the day, I expect, but it has the feel that it will end in something like 3-1 or 4-1 and show how poor one team played. Portugal fell apart in the last game, when they fell behind. It looks like the recipe for this game as well. 2 own goals would suggest bad defensive positions, although it is hard to not think that some luck is in all this ... but I'm a believe that you make your own luck, and I don't think the team helped as much as it should have, or they panicked and forgot their game!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 10:37
Quite some fun today... that Spain goal and even better, that Lewandowski non-goal! LOL

By the way, the French aren't famous for doing more than needed, so I guess they will let Portugal get away with a draw, enough for both.

I actually think Hungary - Germany will be the better game, as they can't both settle for the same result.

Edited by Lewian - June 23 2021 at 10:44
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 11:20
I'd love to make excuses for Slovakia's goalkeeper as he's been excellent for my team Newcastle this season but that was awful
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 12:05
Great game Sweden-Poland! Sad to see Poland go out.
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 12:11
I was expecting a Spain win, but such a score was a bit surprising. Happy with the Swedes being the leader of the group.

If I'm not mistaken, Croatia wiill face Spain in the next stage. Well, I'll definitely watch that game. One of them being one of the teams that I genuinely support, the other being  a team whose failures give me pleasure. Hahah. Spain!!! All of your efforts will be in vain!..
Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formentera Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 12:31
I am supporting Germany, naturally, but apart from that  I like the Belgians. Such a small country and such great players in their team, kind of a 'golden generation'. Belgium never won anything substantial, so if they win this time I would appreciate it Thumbs Up Beer
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 13:08
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

I was expecting a Spain win, but such a score was a bit surprising. Happy with the Swedes being the leader of the group.

If I'm not mistaken, Croatia wiill face Spain in the next stage. Well, I'll definitely watch that game. One of them being one of the teams that I genuinely support, the other being  a team whose failures give me pleasure. Hahah. Spain!!! All of your efforts will be in vain!..

Looks like one of the ties of the round at the moment. Just goes to show what that "play for second to avoid group of death 2nd place" nonsense was, as you now get Spain. Then you likely get the group of death winner.
Ian

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 13:55
Germany behind for the seventh game in a row in an international tournament... one should think they could have learnt their lesson earlier... "We'll dominate anyway so we don't need to concentrate in the beginning".  Angry

Edited by Lewian - June 23 2021 at 15:01
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 14:02
The referee in the Portugal - France game apparently likes to be the center of attention. Neither penalty should have stood. Two very soft calls.
Ian

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 15:02
Another valiant Hungarian effort....
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 15:02
Hint for England: Germany sleep through the first 20 minutes, and are lazy defending.
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 15:26
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Hint for England: Germany sleep through the first 20 minutes, and are lazy defending.

Two flawed teams, Germany win on penalties.
Ian

TheLionOfPrague View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLionOfPrague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 18:54

Originally posted by TheLionOfPrague TheLionOfPrague wrote:

To be honest, I think they can be happy to go through. Unfortunately the great Czech teams (for example the one with the Lion of Prague Clap) are a thing of the past (hopefully of the future again). But the current bunch of players isn't up for something great. They did well within their means, can't complain about their attitude, but I haven't expected much for them and don't do now. 

Are you a native Czech? I love their football... when they do it well, that is.

Nope, I'm from Argentina, but I've been following them since the Nedved days. Yeah, this side isn't at the level of the 1996-2004 days (or 1976 going further back in time), but I think it's an improvement over the recent ones. The 2013-2018 period was pretty bad. Now at least there are some players like Soucek and Schick, and the team looks alright at times, like the first half against Croatia. 
I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2021 at 00:09
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

England got the 'penalties jinx' off their backs at the last World Cup so I wouldn't be so sure if it comes to that.
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2021 at 01:34
Germany -a little more than occasionally- plays unimpressive football. But, they have some real power (as I said before) and an intrinsic determination.

Anyway, this has been a good, if not great, tournament so far. If only Turkey had been competent...

Edited by Shadowyzard - June 24 2021 at 01:34
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2021 at 01:59
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

No, please, not that again. Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>