Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LEAST FAVORITE Track - Yes - CTTE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Which track do you like LEAST?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [10.64%]
12 [25.53%]
30 [63.83%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2021 at 01:49
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

THIS is why I made this poll; I thought for certain And You and I would take the cake!

I assumed the same. I should have known better, though. When it comes to these classic albums, I always seem to like the tracks others don’t, and not so much the tracks others seem to love.

Siberian is absolutely my favourite track on CttE. I don’t even play And You And I, and I can’t remember the last time I didn’t hit skip when it came on.

Then again, my favourite song on the CttE cd I have is the bonus track, America. 🤪

cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2021 at 02:41
Originally posted by Progishness Progishness wrote:

The whole album is perfection.

Aye.  
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2021 at 03:18
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

THIS is why I made this poll; I thought for certain And You and I would take the cake!

I assumed the same. I should have known better, though. When it comes to these classic albums, I always seem to like the tracks others don’t, and not so much the tracks others seem to love.

Siberian is absolutely my favourite track on CttE. I don’t even play And You And I, and I can’t remember the last time I didn’t hit skip when it came on.

Then again, my favourite song on the CttE cd I have is the bonus track, America. 🤪

CTTE is the pinnacle of prog and my favorite prog record, and Yes record, and I too skip said track 9/10.

America is a killer cover my brain considers it part of the album lol.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2021 at 04:44
I see. A trick question to make the gullible betray their weaknesses. 

Everything fantastic.

And You And I is a number of extraordinary beauty and lyricism. Siberian Khatru intricate energy and power. CTTE a suite of imagery and major composition vision.

There is a reason why it was all repeated on the next release. Not many bands can do that...
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2021 at 05:27
Well I'm not the first to vote for it, but I am the first to say it  - CTTE.  I've tried, and tried, and tried, and tried....but I just don't get it.  Early Yes is not really my thing, I have come to realise this.  I think if you were there when it started it must have been different, but I was still in nappies (well, almost!)
tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2021 at 21:16
Easily "And You And I" - it majorly drags and is what knocks that album down from being the greatest prog album ever IMO.
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 01:51
Easily Siberian Khatru - great song but it's up against two of the best prog songs ever recorded so it has no chance.
Rick1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 02:19
I find this inexplicable, as I would for a similar poll for 'Relayer'.  As Wakeman once observed, the discipline of keeping the music within one side of vinyl (20 - 25 minutes) served as a quality control mechanism.  Imagine, for instance, 'Tales' consisted of four ten minute tracks over two sides of vinyl.  Thus, on this album (and Relayer), Yes managed to produce three integrated suites of music that could 'stand alone'.  I am also surprised at the apparent antipathy to 'Siberian Khatru' (deemed essential listening even for that most ardent anti-progger, Nick Kent).  On a subjective level, I first heard the 'Yessongs' version and was blown away...(summer 76)
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 03:33
I vote for "And You And I" as my third favourite track from the album. I'm surprised that so many people have chosen "Siberian Khatru".
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 03:42
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

I vote for "And You And I" as my third favourite track from the album. I'm surprised that so many people have chosen "Siberian Khatru".
Surprise, people have different taste. For me "And You And I" is probably my favourite prog song of all time.
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 03:49
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Surprise, people have different taste.

Of course that's true, but I would've thought the vote would be more evenly split between the last two tracks.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 05:01

Of course that's true, but I would've thought the vote would be more evenly split between the last two tracks.

Yeah, this poll has been quite a revelation for me. I never knew so many people liked the second track, nor how many people aren’t so fond of the third. I mean, of course it is true that people have different taste, but I’m still surprised by the number of people who find Siberian their least favourite. You live and learn…..

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 07:20

Yeah, this poll has been quite a revelation for me. I never knew so many people liked the second track, nor how many people aren’t so fond of the third. I mean, of course it is true that people have different taste, but I’m still surprised by the number of people who find Siberian their least favourite. You live and learn…..

If you'd asked me before this poll was started, I would have placed a fair amount of money on SB being named the "least favourite". 
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 07:36

If you'd asked me before this poll was started, I would have placed a fair amount of money on SB being named the "least favourite". 

I should have known it, just because it’s my favourite track….. 😄🤪

Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 08:15
Another Tough one, Love the whole album but if I have to pick on I would have to say Siberian Khatru.
 Still a great song though. 
Sacro_Porgo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 11:52
I don't have one. I love all three songs equally.
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 20:29
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Siberian Khatru drags the album down for me.

I agree. However, it's still a masterpiece. 
TheLionOfPrague View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLionOfPrague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 20:52
Close to the Edge: 10/10
And You And I: 9.75/10
Siberian Khatru. 9.5/10 
I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 23:36
This poll has revealed true feelings on Siberian Khatru, what I personally consider one of the best and strongest YES tracks ever!

Good fuel for future thread discussion Cool.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2021 at 00:10
And You and I wonder how I could possibly choose a least favourite track from a favourite album when I love all three songs equally, making it too Close to the Edge to call. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - June 16 2021 at 00:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>