Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [18.00%]
41 [82.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2021 at 08:52
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Just to be clear, you're asking us to choose between a 38 second bit of filler with an actual instrumental track around 4.40 in length?

Why?

Anyway, this may be the only time I vote for GG over Yes, but the Boys in the Band is reasonably listenable, compared to much of their ear twisting twaddle

I have to wonder the same thing. There's not a lot you can say about Bruford's thing really, except the title is funny.
Machinemessiah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2021 at 16:47

5%...

The GG track not one I'm too fond of.

On the other hand, 5%... I really like it in its own merit.

Originally posted by Rick1 Rick1 wrote:

Has to be that little vignette from Bruford...

Nicely said.
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2021 at 23:22
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

"The Boys in the Band" is much more than 5 percent better, which is better than nothing. Voting the Giant.

Yes' "Five Percent for Nothing" vs. GG's "Nothing at All" might be an idea for an unbalanced pairing at some time.
Either way GG is going to win. Anything else from the Fragile album would have stood a better chance.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2021 at 23:28
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Just to be clear, you're asking us to choose between a 38 second bit of filler with an actual instrumental track around 4.40 in length?

Why?

Anyway, this may be the only time I vote for GG over Yes, but the Boys in the Band is reasonably listenable, compared to much of their ear twisting twaddle

I have to wonder the same thing. There's not a lot you can say about Bruford's thing really, except the title is funny.

You guys are missing the point, this is PA, there are no rules, logic is forbidden, and Rush may or may not be prog depending on where we are in the zodiac procession at this moment Wink.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 00:35
5% is the more solid of these two.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 10:13
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2021 at 12:05
^^ Five percent more solid I presume.

Originally posted by iluvmarillion iluvmarillion wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

"The Boys in the Band" is much more than 5 percent better, which is better than nothing. Voting the Giant.

Yes' "Five Percent for Nothing" vs. GG's "Nothing at All" might be an idea for an unbalanced pairing at some time.

Either way GG is going to win. Anything else from the Fragile album would have stood a better chance.

True, I was just thinking that "Five Percent for Nothing At All" would make for a nifty title, maybe with Rush's "Something for Nothing" thrown in. Five Percent for Something or for Nothing At All" or just "Something for Nothing at All" without the Yes. Nothing wrong with "Five Percent for Nothing".

What can be interesting to me in such polls is how many people seem to vote for their favourite band (and what is known to them) rather then comparing the two pieces. Nothing at all wrong with either choice in my opinion, despite this being a very unbalanced pairing. And in this case both are well-known in Prog circles.

Edited by Logan - June 17 2021 at 12:06
Just a fanboy passin' through.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2022 at 23:55
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Why?

True but I have to say that. I’m not a fan of GG! The band do absolutely nothing for me! I’m voting for Burford
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12