Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cardiacs Bites: Once Around the Whole World Window
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cardiacs Bites: Once Around the Whole World Window

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which of these songs do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [52.94%]
6 [35.29%]
2 [11.76%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cardiacs Bites: Once Around the Whole World Window
    Posted: June 21 2021 at 08:01
This is a more logical pairing than the Big Ship/ The Tall Ships poll. Both of these are the last songs on the band's respective 1988 albums, both song titles are referenced in the titles of the albums, and musically I think they pair better despite the It Bites one being much longer.

Edited by Logan - June 21 2021 at 08:03
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 08:16
Again, both are great, but It Bites gets my vote.
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 08:21
It Bites (again).
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 08:24
I hadn't heard this It Bites track before and it took me by some surprise. It is so very different from the other one I posted. The other one reminds me of American Christian rock (despite being British), whereas this is a different beast. I like it. And it even has some of that crazy carnival atmosphere of Cardiacs and punkish atmosphere.

Edited by Logan - June 21 2021 at 08:24
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 08:32
It Bites.

Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 11:22
The vocalist of It Bites remeinds me about Chris Squire, singing wise, sound slightly remeniscent of Fish out of Water, It Bites got a bite in their sound that I really like.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 11:28
I vote for Cardiacs btw, one of the finest Mellotron pieces i have heard, and very crispy drums.
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2021 at 15:43
Cardiacs, and call me crazy i prefer It Bites with Mitchell 
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2021 at 02:44
Love It Bites, never listened to Cardiacs - should I?
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2021 at 02:35
Originally posted by Progmind Progmind wrote:

Cardiacs, and call me crazy i prefer It Bites with Mitchell 

I think they were more consistent with Mitchell, and less poppy, I guess, but when at their very best with Dunnery..I don't think the Mitchell albums ever equaled that.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2021 at 13:37
Originally posted by essexboyinwales essexboyinwales wrote:

Love It Bites, never listened to Cardiacs - should I?

Should is a hard question. It depends on you.

If it were me, I wouldn’t even ask but auto-listen to the YouTube clip and decide for myself (don’t know if that is available in your region). If you mean because you like It Bites, then I would say no. You might enjoy it, but I wouldn’t say you should.

If you are interested in checking out Cardiacs and don’t mind checking out streaming music and prefer to listen to full albums: https://alphabet-business-concern.bandcamp.com

I might recommend Songs for Ships and Irons. Generally I think Cardiacs significant enough that I might think that most pretty hardcore forum users and diverse listeners here “should” check the band out if they care enough about being acquainted with a wide range of music included in PA. I like to be acquainted with a very wide range of music whether I enjoy it or not, partially so I can join in on diverse music discussions with other forum users.

And if one wanted to vote in the poll, then yes, one should listen to both before voting.

Edited by Logan - July 03 2021 at 14:03
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2022 at 11:17
It Bites - "Once Around the World"
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2022 at 15:07
Just...... neither 
 Post Reply Post Reply