7 [11.86%]
1 [1.69%]
8 [13.56%]
11 [18.64%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2021 at 17:57
Hillage over Waters, not into the others.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 00:25
Don't know the Greg Lake but of the others my favourite is Defector. Journey also good depending which version you listen to.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 00:34
Some good songs on that Greg Lake debut ft Gary Moore , Ted McKenna, Tristram Margetts and Tommy Egan especially..
It Hurts
Nuclear Attack
Retribution Drive
For Those Who Dare
The second album was weak and more AOR in style aimed at the USA and after that Greg Lake pretty much gave up on any idea of having a proper solo career, first going back to ELP and then a few later nostalgia solo tours , but that was it.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 00:40
Roger Waters with Jon Anderson as a good second.
VianaProghead View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VianaProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 01:31
Jon Anderson - Olias of Sunhillow.
"PROG IS MY FERRARI".
Jem Godfrey (Frost*)
bigmac33070 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmac33070 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 07:19
Roger Waters by a pretty wide margin. 
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 08:01
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

The Hans Christian Anderson of Prog. Thumbs Up

Well it's actually Andersen for Hans, but other than that I agree. Olias is an absolute classic, it's Hans down the winner for me.

Edited by chopper - June 23 2021 at 08:02
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 10:33
Don't have the Greg Lake, but it's Wakeman. A mini adventure that warrants a revisiting now and again.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 10:37
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Some good songs on that Greg Lake debut ft Gary Moore , Ted McKenna, Tristram Margetts and Tommy Egan especially..
It Hurts
Nuclear Attack
Retribution Drive
For Those Who Dare
The second album was weak and more AOR in style aimed at the USA and after that Greg Lake pretty much gave up on any idea of having a proper solo career, first going back to ELP and then a few later nostalgia solo tours , but that was it.
Lake was actually slated to open for (brace yourself) Michael Bolton in San Diego back in the '80s, but I believe he dropped out of that.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2023 at 09:09
Roger Waters - Amused to Death
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2023 at 09:27
Jon Anderson - Olias of Sunhillow.
Steve Wyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Wyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2023 at 13:03
I'm voting for Defector simply because it's a flawless album.

My first thought was to vote for Journey to the Centre of the Earth (original 1974 version), which is almost flawless, but with a few rough edges. But then again, it's those rough edges that sometimes make the album!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12