Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Absolute Universe

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which version do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [41.67%]
7 [58.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Absolute Universe
    Posted: June 24 2021 at 07:23
The new Transatlantic album came out in 2 versions. Personally, I like the extended version more cause there is more Roine Stolt on it. ;) But I'd love to know which one do YOU guys like better.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2021 at 07:58
I've gone back and forth a few times on this. At first I was all about the Roine version but after a while I started preferring the Neal version. It flies by so quickly that it kind of makes my head spin. I like that. The longer one drags just a bit in the middle.

Both are 10/10 so don't get it twisted!!!
The Prog Corner
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2021 at 08:28
I've got both but haven't really listened to them enough to decide yet.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2021 at 09:12
Forevermore, because, as you said, there is more Stolt's guitar work. Great album.
Progfan1958 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progfan1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2021 at 10:03
Both fine interpretations, but over-all I prefer the (slightly ) abbreviated version, specially the finale and end section. Breath Of Life get's my choice.

Edited by Progfan1958 - June 24 2021 at 21:00
Progfan1958
"Peace to you all"
"La paix est avec vous"
"Pax vobiscum"
"Al salaam a'alaykum"
"Vrede zij met u allen"
"Shalom aleichem"
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2021 at 12:54
I only bought the extended version but I listened to the abridged version on Spotify. I think I prefer the full version but I need to listen to the Breath Of Life a few more times before deciding.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2021 at 12:58
Only own the Forevermore version 3-LP set. Streamed the Breath of Life version, and agree I like more Stolt.....so
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2021 at 15:59
I actually like the The Breath of Life better. The extended version feels like a chore to get through.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2021 at 04:37
Can't define a clear pick on this one - interesting poll.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2021 at 06:55
Forevermore. I like both versions though, each one having it's own flavor, but is the Roine Stolt version that gets me deeper.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2021 at 08:48
I haven't listened to the album yet, I've got to brace myself for the... triple album. LOL
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2021 at 00:54
I can't vote because I don't have the extended version. I gather Breath of Life is more of a Neal Morse album than the Roine Stolt, Forevermore album. That's fine by me because I have an aversion to long Transatlantic albums. I'll stick to Breath of Life for a while because in my opinion it's a masterpiece and when I eventually get to listen to Forevermore my fear is I may find fault with it and that will diminish my enjoyment of Breath of Life.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 02:02
Forevermore
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 08:39
I only own Forevermore which is fine... so I can't vote.
 Post Reply Post Reply