Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

King Crimson 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: King Crimson 2021
    Posted: July 22 2021 at 21:47
I'm thinking about going to the ATL date. Who else is going during this pandemic? Wink
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2021 at 08:55
Just stay 6' away from anyone.....LOL
yogev View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2021 at 09:16
I wish they would come to Israel.  Cry
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2021 at 14:20
I will see them in Boston
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2021 at 14:25
I am also seeing them again this time around. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2021 at 15:38
I strongly recommend you go and see them if you get a chance and it might actually be worth risk catching COVID for...
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2021 at 08:17
See them tonight with husband!  
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2021 at 10:27
Scored indoor balcony seats for me and my roommate for a steal at 20$ a piece! Seeing them at the end of August
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2021 at 11:58
Great setlist.  Fantastic concert. The California Guitar Trio was good, although one of the guitarists could not make the concert.  He was replaced by a Stick Player.  
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2021 at 02:23
Ok this kinda sucks......Glad I saw them couple years ago. This might push some to go buy tickets NOW!

A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2021 at 04:56
Rumours are that this is their farewell tour, so no more live Crimson... these guys are in their seventies!
Also, there are some news that a new King Crimson studio album might see the light of day, as Gavin Harrison said somewhere that they have around 40-50 minutes of instrumental material and they have considered actually releasing it, since they would not tour anymore...
Let's see what happens!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2021 at 14:24
Would definitely be a shame if they stopped, but perhaps Fripp think its just time to end this lineup. Or being he is quite old maybe he wants to retire, at least from live performance. 

If a new studio album came out, that would just be icing on the cake really. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2021 at 02:13
The article is very clear, I think Fripp is correct in that he would not be able to book a new venue till 2023. With all the tours that have been postponed, venues are booked solid for 2 yrs now. I was wondering why this US tour included nothing on west coast, especially Seattle where they have strong ties to. The last tour saw 3 nights in Seattle, one being the friends and family show.....but again I suspect all venues are booked out.

At their ages, totally makes sense that it is time to stop touring. Maybe a new album will surface next year, I think that is all we can hope for.
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2021 at 09:08
Went to both the Ft Worth and Austin gigs - excellent music, very short shows.  Saw them twice on the 2019 tour and many times during this run, I experienced a feeling of deja vu - same stage setting; same lighting; very similar "improvs" (I knew I heard Mel copping Duke Ellington on the last tour, but this time his quoting Take The A Train was much more pronounced); even same black tie and vest outfits.  No surprises, just excellent music - lots of empty seats and no vaccine passport or masking......good chance to score prime seats at low prices.  I think the band would've scrapped the tour if what's going down in FLA and Texas was around when scheduling the tour.  The boys know the risks and I think were doing their best to get everyone in and out safely......it all seemed rushed.  Would still recommend going, just take precautions and expect the house lights to pop on much sooner than expected.

Edited by Intruder - August 10 2021 at 09:14
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
HeyItsJustJP View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyItsJustJP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2021 at 16:49
Saw them July 26th here in Orlando, was absolutely phenomenal! Band was in great spirits, crowd was hyped (probably just happy to get out again and see live music, I know I was. But what a great band to come back to!), and there was just a lovely atmosphere about. First time I've seen KC (or any "classic prog" bands for that matter)
 Post Reply Post Reply