Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

two-piece prog acts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2021 at 04:24
Orbital and the Aphex TwinWink
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2021 at 09:31
Chemical Brothers LOL
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2021 at 11:13
Have Fripp & Eno been mentioned yet? If not it might be because they are too obvious. :P
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2021 at 12:44
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Have Fripp & Eno been mentioned yet? If not it might be because they are too obvious. :P

I would have suggested them, except that they are more of a studio-format & not a touring/performing format. 

I saw Fripp speak in a record store during his "Drive to 1981" venture, and he told us that he and Eno performed in France once & were booed!  Imagine that!  

Therefore, I remain primarily interested in "bands" that consist of two artists ONLY, touring/performing as a prog duet.  Some great suggestions thus far! 
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2021 at 18:28
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

I saw Fripp speak in a record store during his "Drive to 1981" venture, and he told us that he and Eno performed in France once & were booed!  Imagine that!

They neglected to serve wine. Where did they think they were, Nepal? LOL
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 00:17
Two duos on the more extreme side of the progressive metal spectrum (namely black metal):

Kathaaria

Veilburner

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 05:06

let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 05:08

let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Cylli Kat (0fficial) View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cylli Kat (0fficial) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2021 at 05:15
Has anyone mentioned ARZ?

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=6531

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC6K0hC-8VQ

Edited by Cylli Kat (0fficial) - September 16 2021 at 06:37
(Insert Clever Words Here)
I'm actually this guy: Cylli Kat
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2021 at 18:02
Originally posted by Cylli Kat (0fficial) Cylli Kat (0fficial) wrote:

Has anyone mentioned ARZ?

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=6531

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC6K0hC-8VQ

WOW!!  Clap  Thanks, that's what I'm talking about!!  

Since the 1980s, we have had an explosion of affordable music technology that gives us performing artists a great deal of flexibility & creativity.  Vocal harmonizers can allow a single vocalist to sound like Yes times 3, synth guitars allow guitarists to emulate/trigger anything, etc. 

I'm very impressed by ARZ, this reminded me of when I played in a small space in Tulsa, Oklahoma = Tulsa Center for Creative Arts (TUCCA).  I did several two-man shows there, a few three-person shows etc.  All improvised, very high energy in a wonderful little venue!! 

Other acts who played at TUCCA included Adrian Belew (3 piece), Fripp & his Crafty Guitarists, and Chick Corea's Electrik Band, so I trod a rock & roll stage that was blessed!!   Good times = mid to late 1980s.

I'll dig into ARZ, thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by cstack3 - September 16 2021 at 18:03
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Progfan97402 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Progfan97402 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2021 at 18:07
- Anna Själv Tredje
1970s Swedish electronic duo in the Schulze and TD vein with just Mikael Bojen and Ingamer Ljungström. Only one album Tussilago Fanfara in 1977 on Silence. Never reissued since Ingamer Ljungström (aka Karl Gasleben) was not happy with the results with the equipment they owned at the time.

- Paolo Rustichelli & Carlo Bordini
Paolo being the son of film composer Carlo Rustichelli, and Carlo Bordini being future Cherry Five drummer (both during the original run and the 2015 reunion). Only one album, Opera Prima in 1973. The music is wonderful if Paolo didn't sing which his voice makes me cringe. But those keyboards are amazing. No outside help.
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2021 at 13:31
Seventh Wave are probably worth a mention; The first lp (Things to come) was certainly just the the two of them (Ken Elliott and Kieran O' Connor) though the second lp (Psi-Fi) had session players including Hugh Banton and Peter Lemer and others when they toured it. Not sure if they toured the first lp as just a duo..

Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2021 at 10:45
10cc was a two-piece act after the departure of Godley and Creme.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345