Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it possible to remove my rating or review?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paisanojac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it possible to remove my rating or review?
    Posted: September 01 2021 at 12:00
Hey guys, 

I noticed when I tried to simply remove one of my ratings or one of my reviews, that PA does not allow me to actually remove it. It only allows me to change my star rating I've given an album, or to edit an album review I've composed. 

Is there a way to simply remove an album rating or album review it if I want to?

Thanks
Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2021 at 12:02
It's probably quickest to PM an admin.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2021 at 12:14
I'm going out shortly, so a quick note...

Yes, you can only edit your reviews and ratings, not delete them. An admin can delete them, but this is not something that we would wish to do regularly (reviews are deleted that go against the guidelines) and deleting commonly is discouraged. Editing is preferred.

You seem like a fair rater and I enjoyed your review of The Dreaming.

You can PM me if you want some specific action done.

Just a fanboy passin' through.
paisanojac View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paisanojac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2021 at 13:39
Thanks, both of you, for the quick replies.

I should add that the reason I brought this up is because I realized if I gave a rating to an album in the past and then decide much later to compose a review for that album, the review will not be listed on the PA front page for "Latest Progressive Rock Music Reviews", like I thought it would.  That's why I was looking to just delete the whole thing and repost as a new rating/review, and wanted to be able to do the same thing if I compose a review for an album I have previously rated.  Looks like that can't be done without bothering an Admin, which I don't want to do, so I'll just leave it as is.

@Logan Thanks for your remarks about my fairness. I'm surprised anyone read my review of The Dreaming, which I composed years ago on the fly without much thought or editing.  I was recovering from surgery this past week and actually had time on my hands (for once) and decided to write a more lengthy and thoughtful review of the eponymous TOY MATINEE album.  If anyone's interested, it's here:  http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1360174

Edited by paisanojac - September 01 2021 at 13:40
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2021 at 14:29
^ An understandable query and may be a helpful to to others topic. I haven't written many reviews, but also added review to one of my ratings much later, and so it wasn't displayed.

Not bothering Admin is very considerate of you, but my PM box is open if you do want to contact me at some time -- that said, I'm known to take epic lunch breaks that may last weeks or even months every now and then and don't get email notifications. Great review for Toy Matinee! ]
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2021 at 07:44
I never knew a new review doesn't appear on the PA front page if a reviewer had previously only rated the album, so that's something worth bearing in mind for future reference. Thumbs Up

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - September 03 2021 at 03:04
Beautiful Scarlet View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautiful Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2021 at 20:56
it’s perfect for saying something inflammatory without being harangued.
Music Music Music
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 02:07
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I never knew a new review doesn't appear on the PA front page if a reviewer had previously rated the album, so that's something worth bearing in mind for future reference. Thumbs Up

The review space (if long enough) was published on the front page  when it was created.
Modifications to the space will not change the date of its creation, therefore not go back to the front page.

After years of coming here, who ever still goes to the frontpage anyways?
I've got my bookmarks set on other pages.
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 05:06
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

After years of coming here, who ever still goes to the frontpage anyways?

Those curious about new reviews? I actually think many start on the frontpage and a number scroll through new reviews before doing anything else.

I understand the thread opener well and have felt bugged by this in the past as well. I hardly ever do ratings only now in order to avoid this problem in case I want to write a review later. I never thought of asking a mod to remove my rating for this reason though, and I have a certain worry that if this is done for one person, then...
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2022 at 09:03
OK. I have a problem. Something went wrong and I clicked the little star icon by mistake. xD
Please remove this particular rating from my profile:
5 stars SBB Przebudzenie (rating only)
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2022 at 09:05
^ Sure thing, will do. Removed now.

Edited by Logan - August 22 2022 at 09:08
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2022 at 09:19
I think have noticed that, when a given album has already been rated (but not reviewed), then the legend "First review for this..." doesn't show on the first review. That can't be right, can it?
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2022 at 09:31
^ It can be, that is what happens. The date it was rated is registered as the date (or number) of the review since the review is an edit to fill in the review box that is open to you when you rate.
 Post Reply Post Reply