Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Amon Düül II Yeti Talks to Yogi & Camel Sasquatch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amon Düül II Yeti Talks to Yogi & Camel Sasquatch

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which of these choices works best for you?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [66.67%]
8 [33.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amon Düül II Yeti Talks to Yogi & Camel Sasquatch
    Posted: September 02 2021 at 12:52
Inspired by a Camel topic:

A Yeti, a Sasquatch and an Abominable Snowman walk into a Bigfoot bar... There is no punch-line. I was going to include Jean Michel Jarre's short instrumental "The Abominable Snowman", but instead I want to keep it focused on these two.

Two instrumental tracks, which one of these do you enjoy more? Comments are appreciated.

Amon Düül II - Yeti Talks to Yogi (Improvisation)

Camel - Sasquatch

Just a fanboy passin' through.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2021 at 14:40
Amon DUul II
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2021 at 15:49
Intreeguing
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2021 at 16:14
Camel - Sasquatch
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2021 at 17:02
Sasquatch is nice but not nice enough to win this for me.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2021 at 20:18
I like both very much, and I’ll have to take some time to decide who to vote for.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2021 at 23:57
Camel here.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 03:11
Camel there, but Yeti here... The Camel one is a bit too conventional, whereas the Amon Düül II one is rather... unconventional. I prefer that.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 07:27
I almost voted for Amon Düül II without checking out the Camel-toe first. But then I thought "I like Camel too, maybe Sasquatch is really good". It wasn't.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 10:30
While the Düül is well, less dull to my ears (just a little too obvious joke), I appreciate each one in its own way.  I thought this might make for an interesting one for people to compare due to the contrasts  (one is trippy and the other more conventional).  As said, I was inspired by a recent Camel topic where this track specifically was brought up by Psychedelic Paul (credit where credit is due and as a segue).  Speaking of psychedelic, I prefer the dark psychedelic and jam qualities of the Yeti to the pop rock/AOR qualities of the Camel-toe* jam, erm non-jam. 

* to reference the preceding post.  

Thanks for the responses, and I'm glad to see that you enjoyed both, Manuel. I could imagine many not appreciating one and not the other due to the differences.  
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 18:19
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

I almost voted for Amon Düül II without checking out the Camel-toe first. But then I thought "I like Camel too, maybe Sasquatch is really good". It wasn't.

I was going to do that too until reading this.LOL I have a feeling I'm going to have the same reaction as you to that Camel track.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2021 at 12:53
I voted for "Yeti," but it's really a tie because "Sasquatch" is something I would've gone nuts over in the '80s.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2021 at 21:10
I love the Rolling Stone write up for the Yeti album in the 50 best prog albums list.  They said one half is improvised and the other half isn't but it's hard to figure out which is which.  That said, Camel easily
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2021 at 09:02
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

I love the Rolling Stone write up for the Yeti album in the 50 best prog albums list.  They said one half is improvised and the other half isn't but it's hard to figure out which is which.

To be honest, if that's hard for them they shouldn't call themselves music experts.

Edited by Lewian - September 05 2021 at 09:02
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2021 at 01:38
I'm a Camel fan, but Sasquatch is one of their worse tracks. On the other side, Yeti is a masterpiece.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
 Post Reply Post Reply