Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2021 at 01:24
Originally posted by Man Overboard Man Overboard wrote:

Originally posted by Cylli Kat (0fficial) Cylli Kat (0fficial) wrote:

Q Anon among us?

I trust that Erin was being tongue in cheek with lines such as "The most meaningful musical leap since Bach took pen to parchment." Or, "Listening would give you a different reading. Unless you know how to twiddle out a guitar lead such as Fire Delegation's, from Four Corners?"...

Wow!

Sorry, I must be missing it here. I hear nothing of that caliber in evidence.
The supposed leap from Bach to this is obviously pure hyperbole.
The solo in Fire Delegation is nothing remarkable...
But, as always, your mileage may vary...

And it also comes with a conspiracy theory!!!
"Human Rights Campaign/Foundation currently under federal investigation for their backstage business model of blackmail and extortion, not to mention their genocide conspiracy dating back to 1971 and prior."
And yet, I'm unable to find anything to back this claim. Although, maybe I'm not looking in the right places...

As for me, I'll blissfully continue sleeping through this self-proclaimed "best prog concept arc".
But, all the best to you in your musical endeavors!

Ooh, did somebody ask for a solid, legitimate source? How about a legal journal!

This source alleges that the HRC is a flawed, corrupt organization that doesn't adequately represent LGBT Americans. It does not mention anything about blackmail, extortion, federal investigations or genocide, let alone coups or human trafficking.
The music you posted has a strange atmosphere and interesting twists here and there; some of it kind of sounds like something Frank Zappa would make if he tried to make new age music in the mid-80s. Not bad, but I think you might be overselling it just a little bit. The production also sounds a bit flat and rushed if you ask me; some instruments could stand to use a little more reverb, and some songs on your latest album sound as if a part were cut off at the beginning.
Overall this whole thread makes me little uncomfortable more than anything. I cannot figure out where this auteur actually stands on the issues which she attempts to address and I'm not sure if I even want to find out.
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2021 at 07:20
Originally posted by Duddick Duddick wrote:

Sadly the more I read the less I’m inclined to listen to the artist based on their attitude. It may be my loss but one I’m willing to take

This . . .
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Cylli Kat (0fficial) View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2021 at 09:10
I've often found that humility is far superior to hubris.

Let others sing your praises.
To laud yourself can often land you in a most awkward position.

The conspiracy theory was just an aside.
The main thrust of my point was that the music was nowhere near as amazingly, life altering, world changing, excellent beyond any prog album cycle in existence that you claimed it was.

Perspective. Keep it in perspective.
You're not even listed as an artist here at P/A.
If your music was "all that and a bag of chips", I'd assume that the folks here would have added you to the roster of artists.
And yet, they've not seen fit to do so...

As I've told my guitar students for years; 'I don't care how good you get at this, it doesn't entitle you to be arrogant or operate under some blanket attitude of hubris. After all, you're only pressing a piece of wire to wood! - Keep it in perspective!'

Offered as food for thought.
Again, all the best to you in your musical endeavors!

Edited by Cylli Kat (0fficial) - September 10 2021 at 09:13
(Insert Clever Words Here)
I'm actually this guy: Cylli Kat
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2021 at 10:00
The OP is Roger Waters using a pseudonym. What's my prize?
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Man Overboard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2021 at 18:01
Originally posted by Cylli Kat (0fficial) Cylli Kat (0fficial) wrote:

I've often found that humility is far superior to hubris.

Let others sing your praises.
To laud yourself can often land you in a most awkward position.

The conspiracy theory was just an aside.
The main thrust of my point was that the music was nowhere near as amazingly, life altering, world changing, excellent beyond any prog album cycle in existence that you claimed it was.

Perspective. Keep it in perspective.
You're not even listed as an artist here at P/A.
If your music was "all that and a bag of chips", I'd assume that the folks here would have added you to the roster of artists.
And yet, they've not seen fit to do so...

As I've told my guitar students for years; 'I don't care how good you get at this, it doesn't entitle you to be arrogant or operate under some blanket attitude of hubris. After all, you're only pressing a piece of wire to wood! - Keep it in perspective!'

Offered as food for thought.
Again, all the best to you in your musical endeavors!

At which point did you provide any supporting arguments or evidence for any assertation you have made? The only thing approaching an actual argument from you is a piece of conjecture related to an assumption about popularity, an "appeal to mass" fallacy. Please, what necessities drives your quantity of empty words? 

Edited by Man Overboard - September 10 2021 at 18:03
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 10:06
It's a soda horse with a box of shampoo pants and a lot of trash can electrons. My interferometer feels bloated.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 12:31
Nice and pleasant little themes. I think they got potential. Just listen to what The Necks can to for over an hour working with less:
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 21:24
Any members of teams who chose not to assess my work for inclusion in the archives, especially those who reply in this thread, are only showing their complete asses. I monitored the collaborator team discussions, as they are within my circle of visibility, and noted one commonality in common with the team replies in this thread: the music is not assessed in any material or objective fashion, that only insinuation and unexplained social rules had been used to replace analysis or assessment, and that good-faith communication was denied at every step. This is evidentiary. 

These actions say a lot more about the bad-faith performance and procedural structural failings of these team members to do their jobs correctly, these actions do not convey integrity or authority in the matters the team members proport. Fact is, all these team members with newbie join dates are failing to respect their elders. My presence here dates back to 2004. Honor necessity, honor sufficiency. Honesty and integrity are the only respect.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 21:40
The Prog Music lounge is intended for general progressive music discussions and the section of forums is meant for acts already included in PA.

See: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13082

Have you suggested your music by making a topic in Suggest New Bands, since that tends to be the protocol (and has since I joined this site)?
Cylli Kat (0fficial) View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 23:43

Any members of teams who chose not to assess my work for inclusion in the archives, especially those who reply in this thread, are only showing their complete asses. I monitored the collaborator team discussions, as they are within my circle of visibility, and noted one commonality in common with the team replies in this thread: the music is not assessed in any material or objective fashion, that only insinuation and unexplained social rules had been used to replace analysis or assessment, and that good-faith communication was denied at every step. This is evidentiary. 

These actions say a lot more about the bad-faith performance and procedural structural failings of these team members to do their jobs correctly, these actions do not convey integrity or authority in the matters the team members proport. Fact is, all these team members with newbie join dates are failing to respect their elders. My presence here dates back to 2004. Honor necessity, honor sufficiency. Honesty and integrity are the only respect.

And, an entirely unwarranted sense of entitlement to go along with the obvious hubris...
My supporting argument is your own quote as seen above!
(Insert Clever Words Here)
I'm actually this guy: Cylli Kat
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2021 at 01:10
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

The Prog Music lounge is intended for general progressive music discussions and the section of forums is meant for acts already included in PA.

See: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13082

Have you suggested your music by making a topic in Suggest New Bands, since that tends to be the protocol (and has since I joined this site)?

Am I not included by virtue of my membership and long history of participation? 

To directly address your question, you might see that I have, and I've fully addressed it in this thread. It got moved at least once. I had two primary records at the time. Now I've five. 

It's hard to keep up with trying to manage any sort of promotional front when I've got no commercial front, lol. Here's an incredible selection from a collection of mostly unheard music called The Secret Life Of Bell Ivans. Try listening to it and seeing how you feel.

It's called Fractal Fracture. If you fail to listen to it, it'll be noted. LOL

Edited by Man Overboard - September 12 2021 at 01:40
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2021 at 10:22
I have the feeling that you have 5 albums and you're sold only 2.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2021 at 11:26

I fail to see how your history of membership and participation with PA is relevant in this case.

Quote To directly address your question, you might see that I have, and I've fully addressed it in this thread. It got moved at least once. I had two primary records at the time. Now I've five.

I didn't think to check Unsigned bands as that has been used for unsigned bands to publicise themselves. The site used to avoid adding Unsigned Bands often, but now if of sufficiently professional-like quality, unsigned bands commonly suggest their music in Suggest New bands.

And I had since posting that learned that you were moved from Eclectic and rejected for Avant Prog before.

Quote It's hard to keep up with trying to manage any sort of promotional front when I've got no commercial front, lol. Here's an incredible selection from a collection of mostly unheard music called The Secret Life Of Bell Ivans. Try listening to it and seeing how you feel.

Probably will check it out at some time and give it the level of respect that is deserved. I have checked out various music of yours.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2021 at 11:35
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I fail to see how your history of membership and participation with PA is relevant in this case.

Quote To directly address your question, you might see that I have, and I've fully addressed it in this thread. It got moved at least once. I had two primary records at the time. Now I've five.

I didn't think to check Unsigned bands as that has been used for unsigned bands to publicise themselves. The site used to avoid adding Unsigned Bands often, but now if of sufficiently professional-like quality, unsigned bands commonly suggest their music in Suggest New bands.

And I had since posting that learned that you were moved from Eclectic and rejected for Avant Prog before.

Quote It's hard to keep up with trying to manage any sort of promotional front when I've got no commercial front, lol. Here's an incredible selection from a collection of mostly unheard music called The Secret Life Of Bell Ivans. Try listening to it and seeing how you feel.

Probably will check it out at some time and give it the level of respect that is deserved. I have checked out various music of yours.

First point: learn to recognize humor.

Second point: why didn't you think to check my post history, or even my replies in the thread, before making an ass of yourself by derailing my thread unnecessarily and moving it inappropriately? Please stop showing your whole ass in front of one who's got seniority. Learn to respect your prog elders.

Third point: where's your assessment? 

Originally posted by Duddick Duddick wrote:

Wow. The entitlement just gets worse!!?

I feel entitled to procedure. You feel entitled to troll off-topic. Which is a problem?

Edited by Man Overboard - September 12 2021 at 11:42
Duddick View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2021 at 11:41
Wow. The entitlement just gets worse!!?
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2021 at 12:01
I explained why I moved this thread and provided a link. This has become a very insulting thread/ I even pointed out the humor on the first page with

"I read it as humorous though. I quite commonly joke around with a straight-face often employing absurdity and hyperbole. There are so many different ways that people interpret intent."

Yet am told that I need to recognise humour.

I'm closing this thread. It became insulting and nasty and I think there is a lack of discretion. I was particularly displeased with your commentary on the collab team discussions.

Edited by Logan - September 12 2021 at 12:07
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12