0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2021 at 03:44
Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

Originally posted by Mila-13 Mila-13 wrote:

Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

My podium:

Grand Public's Prize:
Andrew Lloyd Webber/ Tim Rice - Everything's Alright

Grand Critic's Prize:
Vlatko Stefanovski & Miroslav Tadic - Jovano, Jovanke

Voting Sanremo style? Tongue
In fact, at the Sanremo festival there is the critics' prize and the Sanremo audience prize!

These prizes of mine generally ironize with the various film festivals where, in addition to the first prize, there is always a jury prize, and then there are endless accessory prizes. Sometimes I have also added special prizes.

In this case I stopped at the two most classic awards:

- that of criticism is often given to the most sophisticated, experimental or cultured art-work (sometimes, but not always, it is also the most incomprehensible and boring one, and depending on the case either goes down in history or goes into oblivion. Sometimes it should have won but being very distant from the people's tastes they rewarded it in this way)

- The prize of the he public is the prize for the most pleasant opera, which does not always mean that the art-work is simple (but it is easily understood), sometimes it is beautiful but it is not rewarded for reasons of jealousy, or prejudice about the artist, or because it was considered too... popular or traditional.

In this case, the public's prize I would have given it to the Springsteen song, but having proposed it myself ...Wink
Indeed, Springsteen would be a serious contender for the Grand Public's Prize and especially this collaboration with Morello! I was a bit in dilemma whether I should exceptionally also vote for well known artists in this particular edition but then again, there were quite a few of them and we have only 3 votes. Btw I did not know that Springsteen has Italian roots. In general I'm greatful to learn more about Italian music and artists, I'm a big fan! Smile

Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2021 at 03:49
@Nickie

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'll get back asap. Smile

tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2021 at 20:21
Sorry for the late vote Embarrassed
Top 3 votes as follows:
1. Nick Drake
2. Donald Bryd
3. Sfinx
Next 2 mentions/none votes
4. King Crimson
5. Bruce and Tom

I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2021 at 20:29
Thank you, tigerfeet, for the vote!
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2021 at 20:44
And thanks also for the vote for my choice (a not surprising pick to those who know me well) and to the others who voted for it, and any positive comments regarding it.  I think all of these deserve votes and are winners in my book.  Each of these songs says something about the person, and that in itself is a wonderful thing -- that we are sharing this music that is significant to each of us. It feels like a little doorway into each person in a way to me.  How we relate to music is such an intensely personal thing I find, and while everyone's experience of music is different, we can relate to those experiences and create a shared experience in these topics.  That is part of what is special to me about these polls (it's interactive and interpersonal in its way).

Obviously that Byrd struck a note with many of us.

And thanks for all the kind comments.  It is much appreciated.  Thanks for very much to all who took part in this impromptu poll  This little stopgap poll turned about bigger, more heartfelt and more meaningful than I expected.  This quite impulsive round has meant a lot to me.  Thanks to all.

And take care, Mila. 

Edited by Logan - September 22 2021 at 21:04
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2021 at 22:15
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

And thanks also for the vote for my choice (a not surprising pick to those who know me well) and to the others who voted for it, and any positive comments regarding it.  I think all of these deserve votes and are winners in my book.  Each of these songs says something about the person, and that in itself is a wonderful thing -- that we are sharing this music that is significant to each of us. It feels like a little doorway into each person in a way to me.  How we relate to music is such an intensely personal thing I find, and while everyone's experience of music is different, we can relate to those experiences and create a shared experience in these topics.  That is part of what is special to me about these polls (it's interactive and interpersonal in its way).

Obviously that Byrd struck a note with many of us.

And thanks for all the kind comments.  It is much appreciated.  Thanks for very much to all who took part in this impromptu poll  This little stopgap poll turned about bigger, more heartfelt and more meaningful than I expected.  This quite impulsive round has meant a lot to me.  Thanks to all.

And take care, Mila. 
  Hugs!  I was happily surprised that my mother's favourite piece of music resonated with so many, especially  because it didn't fit anywhere else but here.  She was a wonderful person, I am so lucky I was her daughter.

"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456