Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seven long tracks from 1970

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: If you vote then vote for one that you appreciate.
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [10.20%]
6 [12.24%]
4 [8.16%]
2 [4.08%]
21 [42.86%]
5 [10.20%]
6 [12.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 14:49
Originally posted by Chaser Chaser wrote:

Moon in June from this line up

Whenever someone says from this line-up or words to that effect, it makes wonder what that person's line-up would be. Anyone should feel comfortable mentioning their own favourites and others not on the list. These were just the first seven I thought of, but if I do a part two Moon in June will not be in that line-up to choose.

While I want people to compare the choices and choose between them, I love it when people mention their own favourites as I like to get to know other people's tastes better and be exposed to new things as much as I like to share my favourites (why I love the Interactive Polls which gets us listening to each other's choices and expands my musical horizons somewhat).
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 15:14
Whassup with all these long track polls at the same time? Not the wisest strategy to put them all up more or less on the same day if you want to get people into listening to what they don't know... Confused
Anyway I have to check but I think I know them all (can't memorise most Magma song titles). Vote for Mother Sky.
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 15:26
My faves are

Moon in June

Pioners over the C

but I have voted for 

Nothing at all, because, in my opinion, is the best song by GG ever.
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 15:34
^ Very nice. :)

Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Whassup with all these long track polls at the same time? Not the wisest strategy to put them all up more or less on the same day if you want to get people into listening to what they don't know... Confused
Anyway I have to check but I think I know them all (can't memorise most Magma song titles). Vote for Mother Sky.

Well, you know what I say about wisdom (see sig, so what would you expect?) Anyway, explained how I got here, was just going to be the Crimson album vs Third, but then I thought this would be more interesting potentially, and I like that there are other long tracks polls going on by Saper (I have a huge affinity and respect for Saper's tastes -- has helped me to discover lots of great music).

Oh, I meant to note, I'm fine with people voting even if they only know one, but since these are well-known bands in prog circles, I figured enough people would know enough of these already not to feel the need to invest time or much time into listening. When I do more than two, I usually don't expect people to know all. If people want to listen to ones they don't know, that's great, but I don't expect it. This is one of my can't sleep polls -- not some strategic campaign to illuminate the masses. I find such list-making fun in an of itself and I like that it gets gets me returning to music and re-appraising it, and of course I like reading the positive comments (a kind of affirmation) and discussing the more negative or critical ones (hopefully still affable) as that can shift or broaden my perspectives.

Edited by Logan - September 14 2021 at 16:02
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 19:33
Atom Heart Mother for me.
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 19:44
Man you got me stumped! It's between the first two and the last two and they are all so different that it almost depends what I'm feeling like at the time. Well from my first look at this poll(and I'm still feeling it) I have to go with Gentle Giant. 
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 20:04
King Crimson - The Devil's Triangle

Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2021 at 00:20
Pioneers Over C easily here.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2021 at 14:28
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Originally posted by Chaser Chaser wrote:

Moon in June from this line up

Whenever someone says from this line-up or words to that effect, it makes wonder what that person's line-up would be. Anyone should feel comfortable mentioning their own favourites and others not on the list. These were just the first seven I thought of, but if I do a part two Moon in June will not be in that line-up to choose.

While I want people to compare the choices and choose between them, I love it when people mention their own favourites as I like to get to know other people's tastes better and be exposed to new things as much as I like to share my favourites (why I love the Interactive Polls which gets us listening to each other's choices and expands my musical horizons somewhat).

My mistake! I answered this poll quickly before going out, and failed to note that it was restricted to 1970

So, happy with your options, but also happy with my choice of Moon in June, which is IMO the best track from one of the greatest albums ever. For me it should rank higher in the all time PA rankings, but there you go....
Songs cast a light on you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12