Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steve Howe's best song

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which of these studio performances is Steve Howe's best?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [15.00%]
1 [2.50%]
1 [2.50%]
13 [32.50%]
4 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [12.50%]
2 [5.00%]
4 [10.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2021 at 10:38
Siberian Khatru  I love the guitar outro.  Very different and cool.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2021 at 13:03
He really works up a sweat with Siberian Khatru, so it's that.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2021 at 13:18
All's A Chord.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2021 at 15:09
I guess it's "Gates"! I never thought it'd be this much of a runaway!

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2021 at 16:42
What...no Mood for a Day?
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2021 at 11:52
First vote for the Ancient, and just for his acoustic solo, one of his lost classic pieces.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
maryes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2021 at 17:28
All great songs but... Awaken !
Turn of the Century is also great !Clap
Sacro_Porgo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2021 at 19:29
I'll have to go back through and think about it. Right now I'm leaning towards something from TFTO, which he just kind of lets loose all throughout. HOWEver, I do believe South Side Of The Sky definitely ranks as some of his most impressive work. His tone is decidedly metallic without having the sludgy quality of most 70s heavy metal players, and his fills are pure wizardry.
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2021 at 19:59
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

What...no Mood for a Day?

I want a/THE song that showcases his diverse skills, including composition and style. "Mood for a Day" is just one dimension of Mr. Howe, agreed?

Drew Fisher
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2021 at 20:01
Originally posted by maryes maryes wrote:

All great songs but... Awaken !
Turn of the Century is also great !Clap

"Turn of the Century" was the last song I cut off! But, I agree: it is awesome and gorgeous from the guitarists perspective (always thought it dragged on a bit with too much "sameness"--a very long ballad.)

Drew Fisher
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2021 at 20:03
Originally posted by Sacro_Porgo Sacro_Porgo wrote:

I'll have to go back through and think about it. Right now I'm leaning towards something from TFTO, which he just kind of lets loose all throughout. HOWEver, I do believe South Side Of The Sky definitely ranks as some of his most impressive work. His tone is decidedly metallic without having the sludgy quality of most 70s heavy metal players, and his fills are pure wizardry.

I agree that "South Side" and "Heart of the Sunrise" have great exposition of Steve's skills; just wanted some songs in which his playing/contributions were more central/forward.

Drew Fisher
Lieutenant_Lan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lieutenant_Lan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2021 at 06:53
Siberian Khatru is pretty good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12