Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yes - The Quest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2022 at 11:30
At a current PA rating of 3.04, at least The Quest is rated higher than Tormato (3.00); 90125  (3.01); Big Generator (2.55); Union (2.52); Open Your Eyes (2.04) and Heaven & Earth (2.32), although admittedly, that's not necessarily a great recommendation. Tongue
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2022 at 11:36
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

At a current PA rating of 3.04, at least The Quest is rated higher than Tormato (3.00); 90125  (3.01); Big Generator (2.55); Union (2.52); Open Your Eyes (2.04) and Heaven & Earth (2.32), although admittedly, that's not necessarily a great recommendation. Tongue

it's a fair average rating , what can we expect from musicians who have almost 60 years of career?
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2022 at 13:16

Well I like the first four, they are all way better than The Quest (yes, even Union). I would place The Quest just before Open Your Eyes. 
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2022 at 13:52

Anyone here going to fess up as part of the 12% that gave it 5 stars?
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2022 at 14:43
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

Anyone here going to fess up as part of the 12% that gave it 5 stars?

Yes, it's no secret here that The Quest is my favourite YES album, so I couldn't possibly give it less than a well-deserved  5 star rating. Smile
Rottenprogger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottenprogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2022 at 02:21
I know opinions vary and all that but to rate The Quest higher than Tormato is just being silly. I didn't mind Tormato the first time I heard it but then I heard a live bootleg of one of the shows from that tour and it blew me away. I have a much greater appreciation for Tormato now...and I don't even think of The Quest at all anymore. 
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2022 at 09:22
^ Tormato is very bitty and somewhat all over the place. I think that accounts for it's low rating although On The Silent Wings of Freedom , Onward , Release Release and Future Times are all great tracks in my estimation. The Quest has the Ice Bridge which I will admit to liking a lot. The rest is hard to listen to.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910