Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 2000: A Geddy Lee Broadcast

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: If you have a preference, which of these do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [50.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [50.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 2000: A Geddy Lee Broadcast
    Posted: October 08 2021 at 15:05
A potentially misleading poll title. One in PA and one not. It's Broadcast featuring Geddy Lee on bass and vocals with the hit song "Unchanging Window to the World". Or actually it's two songs from 2000 albums featuring the word "Window".

Another poll with songs from albums released in the year 2000 featuring a song from a big name in Prog and a band I like that is not in Prog Archives and with quite short songs that share some thematic element in the title. It's "Window". I have done a number of window polls over the years as my brothers and I had a running in-joke about windows (not the Microsoft OS). Question: What colour is the sky? Answer: Window. You really had to be there.

Broadcast - Unchanging Window

Geddy Lee - Window to the World

Edited by Logan - October 08 2021 at 15:09
Just a fanboy passin' through.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2021 at 17:09
Of these two, Geddy Lee - Windows to the World is my preferred track. But it not the best track from that album by far. So While the option might be Windows 95 I'll upgrade to Windows XP and then defrag the whole poll.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2021 at 17:35
^

I like it, but it's not my favourite track from the Broadcast album either.

I like this:

What is a favourite track of yours from that Geddy Lee album? I wouldn't mind doing one more poll with four 2000 choices, one from Geddy Lee, one from Ian Anderson, one from Broadcast, and one from Pram (since I did a Pram + Anderson poll before and would quite like to highlight some different choices all around not based on words in the titles).

EDIT: having listened to whole album now, poppy but I appreciate Slipping the most (some of the tracks sound too derivative of Rush at the time to me). Impatient me went ahead and made it without your input on the Geddy Lee song choice.

Edited by Logan - October 08 2021 at 18:22
Just a fanboy passin' through.
 Post Reply Post Reply