Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Songs like Lady Fantasy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Songs like Lady Fantasy
    Posted: October 20 2021 at 02:41
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Starship Trooper

Seriously. I refer to Lady Fantasy as a poor man's Starship Trooper. Other than that I'm not sure. 

I disagree. 
Starship Trooper?! Confused
"a poor man's Starship Trooper"?! OuchConfused No way. 
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2021 at 18:15
Starship Trooper

Seriously. I refer to Lady Fantasy as a poor man's Starship Trooper. Other than that I'm not sure. 
SuperMetro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2021 at 14:53
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Quote 12 minutes, a song about a lady, and those fantastic solos

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (TSRtS version) checks those boxes.

Well there is a lady who's sure that all the glitters are gold and she is buying that titular stairway. Both songs also have a simple chord melody along with easy to play, but awesome solos at the end of them. I do not think difficulty matters, if somebody played the Lady Fantasy keyboard solo, then it probably would not sound as good as Peter's solo since Peter had heart in making the solo, while the player is really just playing the notes. I mean you can make your own solo for Lady Fantasy following the chord structure, that is what the keyboardists live would do with it.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2021 at 14:49
Originally posted by Boojieboy Boojieboy wrote:

Do you mean a long song with quieter first half and singing, followed extended rocking part and solos?

Free Bird?  HAHAHAHHA

There is already a good guitar solo that is better than Freebird. It's name is Ice. There is also Firth of Fifth and Comfortably Numb with those lengthy and slow melodic solos. I Cee Your House From Here. Actually, maybe Ice means "From Survival To Ice". ICSYHFH could have been a concept album. Him to Her. 
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2021 at 13:38
Quote 12 minutes, a song about a lady, and those fantastic solos

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (TSRtS version) checks those boxes.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Boojieboy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boojieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2021 at 13:28
Do you mean a long song with quieter first half and singing, followed extended rocking part and solos?

Free Bird?  HAHAHAHHA
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2021 at 12:07
Not saying they are the same, but these might have appeal to someone into Lady Fantasy and Camel.

dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2021 at 10:20
Two of my favorites in that area.....

Edited by dr wu23 - October 12 2021 at 10:22
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2021 at 01:38
It won't be the same of course, but...

Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2021 at 15:09
There are no songs that I can think of like Lady Fantasy.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2021 at 14:57
I have been wondering if there were any other songs like Lady Fantasy(You know the Camel song). It was one of the best things I ever heard the first time I heard it. 12 minutes, a song about a lady, and those fantastic solos. 
 Post Reply Post Reply