Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lowest Rated Album On This Site?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2021 at 07:39
The Force of Love is actually a good song imho.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2021 at 07:42
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

The Force of Love is actually a good song imho.

Holy Mother of Bass! I didn't know Stanley did disco. ConfusedShocked

SuperMetro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperMetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2021 at 09:04
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

The lowest-rated album for me is Robert Wyatt's truly dreadful "The End of an Ear" - the only album I've ever given a 1-star rating to. Even Robert Wyatt himself has publicly disowned the album as an embarrassment and he doesn't include it in his discography. Thumbs Down
Robert Wyatt would literally hit Rock Bottom after that one though. 

Edited by SuperMetro - October 28 2021 at 09:05
Cboi Sandlin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cboi Sandlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2021 at 09:07
What about Open Your Eyes, that album is trash
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2021 at 09:13
Originally posted by Cboi Sandlin Cboi Sandlin wrote:

What about Open Your Eyes, that album is trash
Rated at 2.04.
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2021 at 09:37
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

The question isn't albums that we find weak but the lowest rated. That's a quite clear question and surely no album rated higher than 2.00 qualifies even remotely. The lowest one listed in the thread up to now apparently has 1.26. Stern Meissen - Taufrisch has 1.15 with 13 ratings, although we might say it must have 50 ratings at least (there are numerous albums with one rating rated 1.00 for sure).

Please from now on only post albums below 1.26 with more then 50 ratings, or lower than 1.15 if you're happy to go for fewer ratings! ExclamationAngryWink

Even hell has a door policy it seems
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 02:14
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Looks like the lowest rated prog album on RYM at the moment is

BLACK HOLE - Evil In The Dark

37 ratings with an average of 0.96

Well now, might hafta check it out!

Here's the title track. What do YOU think?

I note that Tony Kaye's recent album End Of Innocence is on there . Definitely the worst new album I've heard this year. Just a very 'nothing' album that was not what I expected ( I was hoping for some trademark organ at least) . It feels like a third rate Vangelis album instead.

currently has a PA rating of 4.00 ( 1 rating) 
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 02:18
^ In The Hot Seat is 11. The Astonishing is 12 (only me that likes it then lol) . Yes have quite a few entries , no prizes for guessing which ones! I am am little shocked to see ELP - Black Moon in there though. That's a stand up album imo.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 02:32
Wait, Pope Francis is at number 3?

Edited by chopper - October 29 2021 at 04:58
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 02:37
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I am am little shocked to see ELP - Black Moon in there though. That's a stand up album imo.

Damn straight. It doesn't have a single bad track on it
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 03:53
Originally posted by SuperMetro SuperMetro wrote:

The lowest-rated album for me is Robert Wyatt's truly dreadful "The End of an Ear" - the only album I've ever given a 1-star rating to. Even Robert Wyatt himself has publicly disowned the album as an embarrassment and he doesn't include it in his discography. Thumbs Down
Robert Wyatt would literally hit Rock Bottom after that one though. 

Yes, who would've guessed Rock Bottom  would turn out to be Robert Wyatt's top album after his inauspicious debut album.  Smile

I just listened to a couple of dreadful trance dance albums by Wishbone Ash (Trance Visionary & Psychic Terrorism). They're two of the lowest-rated albums on PA (and deservedly so). I was being relatively generous in giving both albums 2-star ratings. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 03:55
^ oh, yeah, that was weird, I don't know what was happening with them. Shocked
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 04:19
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Maybe they were Just Testing the loyalty of their fans, but those two awful trance albums were a very Strange Affair. The Time Was when Wishbone Ash used to be a pretty decent Bona Fide rock band, but it must have been a case of picking up the Bare Bones of their flagging career after those two disastrous dance albums. Confused
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 05:01

Maybe they were Just Testing the loyalty of their fans, but those two awful trance albums were a very Strange Affair. The Time Was when Wishbone Ash used to be a pretty decent Bona Fide rock band, but it must have been a case of picking up the Bare Bones of their flagging career after those two disastrous dance albums. Confused

Never heard of those albums before. Is it really the same band that made Argus? Cry
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 05:08
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Never heard of those albums before. Is it really the same band that made Argus? Cry

at least a couple of same members. Confused
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 05:15

Honestly, you'd never guess it was Wishbone Ash if it didn't have their name on the album cover. This is just dreadful....

Wishbone Ash - Narcissus Nervosa

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 05:22
Sea Of Tranquility recently did a round table on albums that they hate which seems appropriate for this thread. Plenty of sacred cows slayed and very funny:-

Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
SuperMetro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 06:16
That one guy disliked ITCOTCK and said Pawn Hearts was the worst along with some other guy!
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 06:56

Wait, Pope Francis is at number 3?

I suggested that for inclusion a few years back and i think it went nowhere!

Basically  he is preaching with some prog music in the background.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 07:07
Originally posted by SuperMetro SuperMetro wrote:

That one guy disliked ITCOTCK and said Pawn Hearts was the worst along with some other guy!

That's George, the reactions of the rest of the panel to his picks is priceless.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>