Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peart Replaced? 3 shows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2021 at 17:36
Originally posted by Jeffro Jeffro wrote:

Alex and Geddy have said repeatedly that there is no "Rush" without all three of them. Based on what I've read/heard from interviews, I'd say there is zero chance that they would ever recruit another drummer for a residency somewhere and then play Rush songs. Just don't see it happening.

I have some optimism that Alex and Geddy will get together at some point to make music. Geddy has alluded to that possibility. However, it won't be Rush. Who knows what it will be. 

This....  they said is many times Rush would end if any one of the three left.

Alex has already made some great music on his own recently.  However... I doubt we ever see them play together again.
rushaholic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2021 at 17:37
Having said that, I don't really feel like dreaming Alex and Geddy together without Neal.
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 22:46
Originally posted by johnobvious johnobvious wrote:

If we can dream up stuff, why not this?

Alex and Geddy are feeling restless and decide they want to go out with one last bang.   They schedule 3 final shows over 3 weekends in Las Vegas at the new Raiders stadium.  This place is palatial.  https://www.raiders.com/photos/las-vegas-stadium-first-look-18686811

The question is, what currently working drummer could legit pull it off and would also nudge you to book a flight, get a room, gamble your face off and go to this show.  You are also asked to give them 5 songs for their playlist they have to play.  You can optionally list them in addition to your drummer.  Obvious choices would be Portnoy or Harrison and I would do this for either.  Anybody else?

Any of 100 drummers could pull it off but by all means Rush fans, maintain the fantasy that Neil Peart is the greatest drummer who ever lived.
Sacro_Porgo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2021 at 23:05
Originally posted by iluvmarillion iluvmarillion wrote:

Originally posted by johnobvious johnobvious wrote:

If we can dream up stuff, why not this?

Alex and Geddy are feeling restless and decide they want to go out with one last bang.   They schedule 3 final shows over 3 weekends in Las Vegas at the new Raiders stadium.  This place is palatial.  https://www.raiders.com/photos/las-vegas-stadium-first-look-18686811

The question is, what currently working drummer could legit pull it off and would also nudge you to book a flight, get a room, gamble your face off and go to this show.  You are also asked to give them 5 songs for their playlist they have to play.  You can optionally list them in addition to your drummer.  Obvious choices would be Portnoy or Harrison and I would do this for either.  Anybody else?

Any of 100 drummers could pull it off but by all means Rush fans, maintain the fantasy that Neil Peart is the greatest drummer who ever lived.

I will keep believing it until I'm presented irrefutable evidence otherwise.
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2021 at 01:05
Originally posted by Cboi Sandlin Cboi Sandlin wrote:

How about Bill Bruford? He would do great.

Bruford hasn’t played drums for some years and has made clear that he isn’t going to do so again. Has also sold all his gear.

Edited by Mascodagama - October 30 2021 at 01:05
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123