Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The guys listed on the cover?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The guys listed on the cover?
    Posted: November 01 2021 at 22:37
I have been wondering who the other two guys listed on this cover for Ultimate Classic Rock are. I know that the top right is Peter Gabriel and the top left is Roger Waters. I do not know the bottom guys, but I think probably Francesco Di Giacomo on to bottom left and I do not really know, but something makes me think Steven Wilson on the right.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/progressive-rock-artists/ 
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2021 at 22:47
I have a feeling the one on the bottom left is Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria. Totally looks like his facial features and hairstyle. Not sure about the bottom right though, to be honest 

https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-playlist-coheed-and-cambrias-claudio-sanchez

Edited by Necrotica - November 01 2021 at 22:49
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 02:45
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 02:46
Originally posted by Necrotica Necrotica wrote:

I have a feeling the one on the bottom left is Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria. Totally looks like his facial features and hairstyle. Not sure about the bottom right though, to be honest 

https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-playlist-coheed-and-cambrias-claudio-sanchez

I think you're right about Sanchez, maybe the other is a badly drawn Fripp? Just trying to think of anyone with those kind of glasses.
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 03:27
Yeah, I'm starting to think the bottom right one is Fripp as well. It looks like they were trying to capture his bearded Red-era look but didn't know what they were doing, lol

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 03:55
Just to say: at number 32 there's a guy who is only on prog-related here on PA.

32. Vangelis

Greek composer Evangelos Odysseas Papathanassíou will be forever linked to six notes: the dramatic piano theme that opens “Chariots of Fire,” an unlikely No. 1 hit lifted from the 1981 film of the same name. But his solo catalog is all over the map stylistically, balancing moments of such windswept sweetness with journeys into nightmarish darkness. After leaving psych-prog band Aphrodite’s Child, the multi-instrumentalist worked largely on his own, overdubbing keyboard-heavy arrangements that balanced symphonic prog with electronica, classical and New Age “space music.”

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 05:18
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I think you're right about Sanchez, maybe the other is a badly drawn Fripp? Just trying to think of anyone with those kind of glasses.
I don't recall Fripp ever having a Tony Stark Beard. Confused
I thought it looked more like Steve Wilson. I think the hair colour is supposed to be brown not red.

Edited by JD - November 02 2021 at 05:23
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 05:35
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 05:55
I recognize Waters and Fripp, I don't know who the other two are though. Embarrassed
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 06:05
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Fair enough. I didn't recall that look.
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 06:30
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I don't recall Fripp ever having a Tony Stark Beard. Confused
I thought it looked more like Steve Wilson. I think the hair colour is supposed to be brown not red.

Yeah, but that looks literally nothing like Steven Wilson, especially when paired side-by-side

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 06:46
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Fair enough. I didn't recall that look.

it's also here
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 08:52
The one you think is Roger Waters has a Moog modular behind him. Its probably a bad drawing of Keith Emerson.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 09:02
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

The one you think is Roger Waters has a Moog modular behind him. Its probably a bad drawing of Keith Emerson.

Good spot. It doesn't look much like Emerson but it must be his.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 09:14
Given how Peter Gabriel looks...or rather doesn't look like the actual PG, it's completely possible it's Emerson. I think we should all agree that the artist is playing fast and loose with his caricatures.
SuperMetro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 09:36
Maybe we should contact the creator to figure out who those guys are. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 09:54
Three Stooges 1937.jpg These guys?

Edited by SteveG - November 02 2021 at 09:56
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
SuperMetro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 10:13
No I mean the guy who made the article, not Larry, Curly, and Moe(The Three Stooges).
Boojieboy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boojieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 13:58
The batwings guy at upper right would definitely have to be Peter Gabriel (Genesis "Watcher of the Skies" live era), even though the face is way off.

Edited by Boojieboy - November 02 2021 at 15:52
 Post Reply Post Reply