0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dead Can Dance
    Posted: November 06 2021 at 14:27
Strange. Try an advanced search, Search by Keyword = Dead Can Dance (Match All Words), search in Topic Subject, Find Posts = Any Date, All Forums.
This is what I used - the second post it found was the poll from April 2021.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 11:27
^I tried. I also tried to search only in polls - or progpolls.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 11:23
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

^with nothing relevant I meant no Dead Can Dance-polls. I found some random comments about DCD. But the search-function here has always sucked big time (wheter I'm doing it wrong or not)
I found the other poll that someone else mentioned. Are you using the Advanced Search?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 11:22
^with nothing relevant I meant no Dead Can Dance-polls. I found some random comments about DCD. But the search-function here has always sucked big time (wheter I'm doing it wrong or not)
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 10:39

Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

Thought I already participated in this poll, which in a way is true because we had the same poll six months ago...

Spleen and Ideal, Within the Realm of a Dying Sun and The Serpent's Egg are on par for me, and better than anything that followed, imo. Since I've only one vote, I'll give it to the Egg...
I did a "dead can dance" search and nothing relevant came up (like always, when I try and run a search here)
Worked ok for me - search on "Dead Can Dance" in Topic Subject for Any Date. Found quite a few.
UncleRust View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UncleRust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 09:05
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

You need 10 points to vote. You get points for postings and if you're thanked (which I just did).

Originally posted by Tasartir Tasartir wrote:

There, now you can vote, UncleRust.

Thank you both very much!  Smile

dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2021 at 11:53
Dying Sun.......Spleen....Egg...Aion....all of them are excellent but never warmed up to the first one much.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2021 at 09:20
I adore so many individual songs by DCD, but, when you're talking about albums, I have to go with Aion. I just love the mediæval European feel to it all.

Edited by BrufordFreak - November 03 2021 at 09:20
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2021 at 08:53
Originally posted by UncleRust UncleRust wrote:

If you mean Toward the Within, then absolutely.  It is so good.
No I meant a different DCD-live album titled Towards the Within - of course I meant Toward the Within!

Anyway, it's good I agree, but still my least favorite of the lot. No, wait that would be Spiritchaser. Second least favorite.

Tasartir View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tasartir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2021 at 08:23
There, now you can vote, UncleRust.
...Histoires Sans Paroles...
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2021 at 08:17
Originally posted by UncleRust UncleRust wrote:

Interesting observation re: Magma.  I quite agree.

Still my vote would go to Aion.  Can't vote, not sure why.

You need 10 points to vote. You get points for postings and if you're thanked (which I just did).
UncleRust View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote UncleRust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2021 at 07:46

Interesting observation re: Magma.  I quite agree.

Still my vote would go to Aion.  Can't vote, not sure why.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 20:42
"into the Labryinth" with "Aion" oh so close behind
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 15:25
Spleen and Ideal for me, but I love plenty of these.
theultimateprogressiveartexperimentalmusicresource.org: the ultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource dot org
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 15:22
^ That was before I was born, but my answer would have been the same. Cool

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 15:00

Thought I already participated in this poll, which in a way is true because we had the same poll six months ago...

Spleen and Ideal, Within the Realm of a Dying Sun and The Serpent's Egg are on par for me, and better than anything that followed, imo. Since I've only one vote, I'll give it to the Egg...
I did a "dead can dance" search and nothing relevant came up (like always, when I try and run a search here)

Another year or so earlier I did one as well, but the search function here isn't that good. (Not worse than the one on the webpage of the institution for which I work - apparently it's not so easy to implement a decent search function.)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 13:55

suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 13:43

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 13:40
My vote always goes to Aion first, but  I love everything they've ever done.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2021 at 12:46
It's a bit like Magma, they're very consistent and there are at least five candidates for voting (Dying Sun to Labyrinth and Anastasis). I'll vote for Serpent's Egg today but may prefer another one tomorrow. I've only heard their live album once quite some time ago, I should probably have it?

Edited by Lewian - November 02 2021 at 12:47
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>