Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I remember an ELPowell live bootleg cassette

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote altaeria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I remember an ELPowell live bootleg cassette
    Posted: November 03 2021 at 11:33

I remember having an old bootleg cassette of an Emerson Lake and Powell concert in Lakeland Florida.  It was taken from a live FM radio broadcast, and the sound quality was pretty good.    

I've noticed that there is an officially released CD version of this concert available, but it is missing a few songs that were on that old cassette.  

This is probably not the appropriate place to ask for this... but if anybody is gonna have this, it's you guys  :)  

Does anybody here have a broadcast copy of this show on tape or CD ? 
Unlike the officially released version, it will include the songs "Learning to Fly" and "Watching Over You". 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks    
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2021 at 11:42
altaeria View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote altaeria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2021 at 11:58
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

it's probably this bootleg

That is essentially the same release as the official version that I mentioned above.   
It doesn't have the songs that I also mentioned above. 

Edited by altaeria - November 03 2021 at 11:59
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2021 at 12:01
Originally posted by altaeria altaeria wrote:

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

it's probably this bootleg

That is essentially the same release as the official version that I mentioned above.   
It doesn't have the songs that I also mentioned above. 

I don't know then. Ouch
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2021 at 15:23
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2021 at 16:41
Yup, got it. Lakeland Civic Centre Oct 4/86
In fact I probably have every ELP (Powell), 3 etc. bootleg out there. Been doing trades with people all over the world for years. Yes and KC as well.
Now I'm sure to be band by the admins for this revelation.
Cya around ! LOL

Edited by JD - November 03 2021 at 16:43
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
TheLionOfPrague View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLionOfPrague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2021 at 19:26
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

In fact I probably have every ELP (Powell), 3 etc. bootleg out there. Been doing trades with people all over the world for years. Yes and KC as well.
Cya around ! LOL

I don't see why sending each other material that is not available in official releases be seen as a wrong thing. 
I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2021 at 06:56
Originally posted by TheLionOfPrague TheLionOfPrague wrote:

Cya around ! LOL

I don't see why sending each other material that is not available in official releases be seen as a wrong thing. 

Hi,

No wonder The Grateful Dead is not even considered on PA! Bootlegs were legal for TGD and most were taken from the sound board! BTW, it was one of the things that made TGD famous for their eponymous shows ... that no one else had the balls to even try.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2021 at 07:30
With a little help from a search engine, within 2 minutes I found a downloadable zip-file with mp3s of the radio recording you are looking for. Not sure if it is legal so I'm not linking to it, but it is available for everyone who knows how to google.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2021 at 07:46
I was reprimanded for even discussing torrenting which is pretty much the same thing. 
TheLionOfPrague View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLionOfPrague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2021 at 09:52

I was reprimanded for even discussing torrenting which is pretty much the same thing. 

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I understand not being able to post something "illegal", but discussing it?
I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2021 at 10:03
Originally posted by TheLionOfPrague TheLionOfPrague wrote:

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I understand not being able to post something "illegal", but discussing it?
I think I posted a snip showing a torrent page and a title to show it was readily available. I believe the post was ultimately deleted.
 Post Reply Post Reply