Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YES Albums 2000-2004

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which is your favourite YES album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [3.70%]
15 [55.56%]
9 [33.33%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [7.41%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YES Albums 2000-2004
    Posted: November 05 2021 at 03:42
Part 4 of 5 with live albums included.

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 03:47
Magnification is a fine album. 

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 03:53
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

It certainly is, especially if you examine it closely. Tongue
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 03:57
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

It certainly is, especially if you examine it closely. Tongue

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 04:01
^ Sorry, I couldn't resist it. Big smile

Anyway, I'll cast my vote for House of YES: Live from House of Blues while I'm here. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 05 2021 at 04:03
tdfloyd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tdfloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 04:11
Kind of apples and oranges here. Studio albums vs Live greatest hits + albums.  
Symphonic Live is the best album. Magnification is the best studio album.

Voted for Magnification

TerLJack View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TerLJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 06:30
Although I felt Magnification was a return to form, it's on Symphonic Live where the magic really happens.  Hearing the orchestra play "Close to the Edge" is a real treat.  Some of the best songs from the studio record are here too!
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 07:54
Originally posted by tdfloyd tdfloyd wrote:

Kind of apples and oranges here. Studio albums vs Live greatest hits + albums.  
Symphonic Live is the best album. Magnification is the best studio album.

Voted for Magnification

agree with this---but voted Symphonic Live.
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 10:15
Going with the keyboard-less Magnification.
Really dig the symphonic integration.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
felonafan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote felonafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 10:58
Magnification is great!
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 11:05
Magnification. All the live albums are nice to hear or watch, but how many times do I need to hear Roundabout, Starship Trooper, Close to the Edge, etc? Even though they are different versions, at the end, they all sound pretty much the same, and I don’t need all those songs repeated over and over again in my collection.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 11:21
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Magnification. All the live albums are nice to hear or watch, but how many times do I need to hear Roundabout, Starship Trooper, Close to the Edge, etc? Even though they are different versions, at the end, they all sound pretty much the same, and I don’t need all those songs repeated over and over again in my collection.

Maybe you'd prefer to hear  Roundabout, Starship Trooper & Close to the Edge sung by Jon Davison instead for a change, on the latest YES live album. Then again, maybe you wouldn't. Tongue
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 12:23
Don't listen to Paul, Manuel. Tongue  Magnification is a good album and I find it odd to make it compete against live albums that are generally a kind of "best of"... But the Symphonic Live delivers some of the best renditions of Ritual, The Gates of Delirium and some other classics.

I took my parents to that concert in Amsterdam where Symphonic Live was recorded and filmed. It was a surprise to them: they only discovered what they were going to attend to once we arrived in front of the concert hall! It was their first rock concert ever and they enjoyed every moment of it (they're still talking about it!). And for me it was one of the best Yes concerts I've attended to!

Edited by suitkees - November 05 2021 at 12:25

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 12:41
This one is slightly difficult. I will plump for the Symphonic Live opus. I took the wife to see the Cardiff gig, and it was marvellous.

Special mention, though, for Magnification, the last Yes album I got really excited about, and Songs From Tsongas is a fine DVD, especially the acoustic bit.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 12:45
may I ask why didn't you make a 2001-2021 poll? There are 5 studio albums (including the re-doing FFH). 
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 12:47
SL
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 12:51

may I ask why didn't you make a 2001-2021 poll? There are 5 studio albums (including the re-doing FFH). 

There's plenty to choose from here, especially compared to an "apples or oranges" poll of just two albums and there'll be seven albums to choose from in the fifth and final poll, although it doesn't include the re-doing of Fly from Here. Smile

3 stars 2019: Yes - The Royal Affair Tour (Live from Las Vegas) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLikNHjJ_cxzA0X6_bGXxYY8zUsdFRDSXU

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 05 2021 at 12:52
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 12:55
^ you forgot the Fly From here with Trevor Horn. LOL

I hope you listen to the request of the "none of them" option. LOL
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 13:02

Oh yes, that would be quite pertinent! Wink

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2021 at 13:02

^ you forgot the Fly From here with Trevor Horn. LOL

One thing's for sure, you won't be voting for The Quest, and probably no one else will either, which just leaves me to vote for it on my ownsome.  Cry Cry Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>