Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YES Albums 2011-2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Which is your favourite YES album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
19 [63.33%]
1 [3.33%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.67%]
2 [6.67%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [20.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YES Albums 2011-2021
    Posted: November 06 2021 at 03:29
Part 5 of 5 with live albums included.

3 stars 2019: Yes - The Royal Affair Tour (Live from Las Vegas) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLikNHjJ_cxzA0X6_bGXxYY8zUsdFRDSXU

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 03:41
and then there was...
NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 04:02
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

and then there was...
NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I somehow guessed you were going to vote for none of the above. Big smile
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 04:15
Like being asked to choose between different types of excrement.

I haven't heard the live albums, so can't comment on those, but Heaven and Earth is dreadful, and Fly from Here is not much better.

NO VOTE
Songs cast a light on you
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 04:16
Originally posted by Chaser Chaser wrote:

I haven't heard the live albums, so can't comment on those, but Heaven and Earth is dreadful, and Fly from Here is not much better.

NO VOTE

that was brutal! LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 04:24

Originally posted by Chaser Chaser wrote:

NO VOTE

that was brutal! LOL
Well, at least one person voted for Fly from Here, although they remain nameless so far. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 04:33
^ well,there are some that enjoy Fly From Here. I gave the album another chance a little while ago after someone sang its praises here, thought I might be missing something, but no, I was bored out of my mind.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 04:53

^ well,there are some that enjoy Fly From Here. I gave the album another chance a little while ago after someone sang its praises here, thought I might be missing something, but no, I was bored out of my mind.

Yes, you ARE missing out on something, because Fly from Here soars to new heights of excellence, but don't bother with Fly from Here: Return Trip because it's a 2-star dud and doesn't deserve to even get off the ground. A pointless remake which is definitely an album for collectors only, although that's a purely subjective opinion of course. Smile
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 05:02
Nothing to see here . . .
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 05:24
Originally posted by Mormegil Mormegil wrote:

Nothing to see here . . .

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 05:35
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Yes, you ARE missing out on something, because Fly from Here soars to new heights of excellence, but don't bother with Fly from Here: Return Trip because it's a 2-star dud and doesn't deserve to even get off the ground. A pointless remake which is definitely an album for collectors only, although that's a purely subjective opinion of course. Smile

Like I said (have you paid attention?), I found the album rather boring, wasted time I'm afraid. 
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 05:35
The only one I find somewhat appealing is Live at the Apollo, but is not one of my favorite Yes albums either.

Edited by Manuel - November 06 2021 at 20:55
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 06:42
Hang on, I thought H&E was a 5-star album?

I don't really bother with many live Yes albums - there are too many - however I do like the original Fly From Here album. I know some don't but I feel it's their best album after The Ladder. Haven't bothered to listen to the remake.

Edited by chopper - November 06 2021 at 06:43
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 06:43
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 06:53

I don't really bother with many live Yes albums - there are too many - however I do like the original Fly From Here album. I know some don't but I feel it's their best album after The Ladder. Haven't bothered to listen to the remake.
Wise decision. The pointless remake of Fly from Here is really not worth listening to. Smile

I'm just waiting now for the late votes to flood in for The Quest, but I have a feeling I might have a long wait. Tongue

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 06 2021 at 06:56
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 07:30
Fly from here---I like both versions---although I think Benoit is a better singer.

For me Yes lost it a long time ago once the classic line-up disbanded---but got to give credit to a classic lineup that really made an amazing album true to their sound and quality--after 40 years! ABBA!

(if you're into that sort of thingLOL)

Edited by twosteves - November 07 2021 at 11:22
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 07:31
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

Fly from here---I like both versions---although I think Benoit is a better singer.

Me too! Thumbs Up
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 08:05
Fly From Here is exactly the time when  Yes should have flown away and never come back IMHO

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 08:10
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Fly From Here is exactly the time when  Yes should have flown away and never come back IMHO

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2021 at 10:18
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Wise decision. The pointless remake of Fly from Here is really not worth listening to. Smile

I'm just waiting now for the late votes to flood in for The Quest, but I have a feeling I might have a long wait. Tongue
I wouldn't hold your breath
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>