Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poetic album titles?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2021 at 12:04
Van der Graaf Generator (UK) - H to He Who Am the Only One (1970)

We've talked about this title pretty much already, but nevertherless, I'd like to tell some more even I've already told it in another thread, and it's not about the title itself but about how I've experienced the music in relation to the lyrics:

The first times I heard this album, it didn't tell me very much, almost boring. But I got the idea to look at the lyrics, which appeared very suprisingly to be, in my subjective opinion, the best lyrics I've ever seen - very poetic and emotional, and yet, easy to understand and thus very informative and profound.
And then, the whole album became a very otherwise experience, as I found the music fit so well with the lyrics, and after some more listnings, this album simply became a "mind blowing" and so great experience.
It was something so wonderful new for me because it never happened to me before - at least not so intense at all.

Edited by David_D - November 21 2021 at 12:20
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
Anorak View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 22:15
Jesu's "Eevryday I Get Closer to the Light from Which I Came" seems a great title.

Post rock genre in general has elaborated taste to some fairly good poetic images in titles (like "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" by Tortoise)
...and now the choice is juggling 9 or dropping ten...
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2021 at 17:18
I bought "The Oblivion Particle" by Spocks Beard on the strength of its title. Short but strong. I also liked the title for Brief Nocturnes and Dreamless Sleep. The cover for "Brief Nocturnes..." is also very evocative to me. 

For some reason I seem to be drawn to album and song titles with "dream" in them.

Edited by Hugh Manatee - December 13 2021 at 17:20
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234