FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThird Quadrant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Third Quadrant
    Posted: October 08 2005 at 12:46
I own the cassette Layererd by Third Quadrant. I know they made a few albums. Are they still available somewhere ?, 'cause i still think Layered is fantastic.
Fitzcarraldo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 13:53

Yes, I've got "Layered" by THIRD QUADRANT too, and think it's excellent Progressive Rock. My Archives rating of 3 stars was very hard on the album but I did mention in my review that I was tempted to give the album 4 stars. I've had the musicassette since it was released in 1988 and still play it, so that should say something. I enjoy it very much.

Did you know that Italian independent record company Mellow Records released "Layered" on CD a few years back and it can be bought from them or from my favourite Italian Prog shop BTF (www.btf.it)? I have not seen the other albums on sale anywhere, though, which is a pity as I would like to hear the group's other work. If it's as good as "Layered" then it would definitely be worth getting.

Nice to finally find someone who has heard of the band: I've posted about them a few times on this site in the past but did not hear a dicky bird.

Edited by Fitzcarraldo
Alphabetconcern View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 15:42
Originally posted by Fitzcarraldo Fitzcarraldo wrote:

Yes, I've got "Layered" by THIRD QUADRANT too, and think it's excellent Progressive Rock. My Archives rating of 3 stars was very hard on the album but I did mention in my review that I was tempted to give the album 4 stars. I've had the musicassette since it was released in 1988 and still play it, so that should say something. I enjoy it very much.

Yeah, i have the tape since '88 too. Definately worth a 4 star :) It's one of the few tapes i have and still play, although i will transfer it to cd :) The other tapes i used to play are Abel Ganz, but i transferred them to cd as well.

Quote Did you know that Italian independent record company Mellow Records released "Layered" on CD a few years back and it can be bought from them or from my favourite Italian Prog shop BTF (www.btf.it)? I have not seen the other albums on sale anywhere, though, which is a pity as I would like to hear the group's other work. If it's as good as "Layered" then it would definitely be worth getting.

I really would like to hear their other stuff. I think the bassplayer reviewed their own music in the archives.

Quote Nice to finally find someone who has heard of the band: I've posted about them a few times on this site in the past but did not hear a dicky bird.

People don't know good music anymore. Who wants a discussion about Marillion with Fish or without Fish anyway. Been there, done that.

http://cardiacs.6k2.com/

[/QUOTE]
Under View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 15:49

Originally posted by Alphabetconcern Alphabetconcern wrote:

People don't know good music anymore. Who wants a discussion about Marillion with Fish or without Fish anyway. Been there, done that.

Wow, nice cosy get along between you two.
If this band is that ok, then get them over here.

BTW You have been around very fast in 8 posts (Been there, done that ?!).

Alphabetconcern View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 16:19

I meant that the discussion about Fish and Marillion stopped 15 years ago for me :) It doesn't matter anymore. I like the Fish era and Hogarth era.

Quote Wow, nice cosy get along between you two.

They have been here for a long time... Besides, i find it interesting to find 'old' new names in the prog world. Has Deyss ever been discussed here ?

Trotsky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 02:54
Originally posted by Under Under wrote:

Originally posted by Alphabetconcern Alphabetconcern wrote:

Wow, nice cosy get along between you two.

Well I thought it was an interesting little conversation ... should certainly be of interest to the "neo-prog is yummy" brigade of tuxon, stoney and the like ...

BTW,  on the main page, there are only two reviews for Third Quadrant's material ...
one by FC and one by the band's bass player!

"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."
 Post Reply Post Reply