Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Goodsall RIP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Goodsall RIP
    Posted: November 12 2021 at 13:45
Today 11/11 we say goodbye to Brand X and Atomic Rooster member John Goodsall, RIP
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2021 at 15:51
Sad news--Brand X was very cool.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2021 at 15:51
RIP
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2021 at 16:05
RIP goodsall

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2021 at 20:08
Johnny was a friend of mine....when his PC broke, I bought him a new Dell laptop and sent it to him in Minnesota.  He was very appreciative.  

I used to send him stuff like this photo when he lived in New Ulm MN, he got a kick out of it! 

I had hoped to tie up with him when Brand X started touring, but it never happened.  Has anyone seen an obituary for him yet?  

Last photo I saw of him he looked very ill, so I'm not surprised.  John didn't take very good care of himself. 

RIP, maestro....you were amazing and still are!  

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2021 at 18:55
Cry
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2021 at 19:53
Robin Lumley and Percy Jones posted this message to Facebook:

A Message from Robin Lumley, with Percy Jones.
Dear and wonderful fans of Brand X,
I am Robin Lumley, and I too am Brand X, lest we forget. It is true then, as now.
Of course, I am in mourning over John's passing. When you share countless dressing rooms, innumerable car and plane journeys and a long-term musician's comradeship, It leaves an indelible scar on your psyche. One that I wear with pride.
John and I, and Percy too, had a love of the jazz-rock genre and we delighted together to compose tunes. I am especially delighted to have made music with such luminaries as John and Percy
Brand X is no more:
To understand who is Brand X, it's critical to grasp the story of how the band came together.
We have survived repeated attempted Coups d'États in which various entities over the years tried to push us out and wrestle our band away from us; yet we prevailed.
We, the creative core of Brand X, have the legitimacy to speak on our own behalf and on behalf of our beloved band because its soul is with us, just as it remained with John.
Who else could it be with?
John, Percy and I were Brand X, and with John's demise, Brand X can be no more, and must rest in peace.
No one is entitled to say otherwise or to speak on our behalf, whether on stage or online, officially or otherwise.
Its the loyal fan base I admire.....those music-lovers who came back time and again to listen to the band, buy its albums and sent such complimentary letters to us. That kept us alive and recording for we did all those things knowing that there was an appreciative audience out there.......a BRAND X audience!
We were Brand X.
Until my next message to you all, loving fans...
Brand X is no more; long live Brand X!
Signed: Robin Lumley with Percy Jones
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2021 at 06:56
Another great one who leaves us. Sad news for us. I hope he is now in a better place.
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_olariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2021 at 02:55

RIP

Post Reply Post Reply