Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possibly Underrated Bassists?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cylli Kat (0fficial) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2021 at 04:17
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Underrated is maybe not the best terminology for this type of thing. Perhaps under appreciated or deserving more attention would be more apt? Anyways, let's not split hairs:

I mistakenly titled the thread, but tried to rectify it in the OP:

"So, I thought it might be nice to show some love for some possibly underappreciated bassists out there."

Nice list of players that you had, BTW!
(Insert Clever Words Here)
I'm actually this guy: Cylli Kat
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2021 at 07:30
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Fabio Pignatelli of Goblin & Goblin Rebirth. The very definition of underrated. This man has recorded some of my favorite basslines.

Pignatelli is a monster , one of my all-time faves . Clap
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2021 at 07:42
I'd like to mention Klaus-Peter Matziol of Eloy, Jon Camp of Renaissance, Hansford Rowe of Pierre Moerlen's Gong, and all (?) Magma bassists.  
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2021 at 11:17
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

[QUOTE=verslibre]Fabio Pignatelli of Goblin & Goblin Rebirth. The very definition of underrated. This man has recorded some of my favorite basslines.

Pignatelli is a monster , one of my all-time faves . Clap

We are brothers-in-arns! Clap
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2021 at 11:18
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

I'd like to mention Klaus-Peter Matziol of Eloy

Yes!! I can't believe I forgot to mention KPM. Eloy would not be the same without him. Clap
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2021 at 23:25
Originally posted by Cylli Kat (0fficial) Cylli Kat (0fficial) wrote:

Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Underrated is maybe not the best terminology for this type of thing. Perhaps under appreciated or deserving more attention would be more apt? Anyways, let's not split hairs:

I mistakenly titled the thread, but tried to rectify it in the OP:

"So, I thought it might be nice to show some love for some possibly underappreciated bassists out there."

Nice list of players that you had, BTW!

Sorry, I missed this and yes you did tweak the terminology
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2021 at 23:56
Originally posted by Guy Guden Guy Guden wrote:

Jon Camp of RENAISSANCE, perhaps?  listening to the live 1976 Nottingham show which is on the new Scheherazade remaster release.  strong work there.  he was an early guest on SPACE PIRATE RADIO as well.

Definitely Jon Camp!  He was one of the 1970s "Rickenbacker Masters" including Squire, Rutherford, Ray Bennett (Flash), Gary Strater (Starcastle) and a few others I can't recall this late at night! 

Speaking of which, I'm quite remiss in not nominating my friend, bassist Ray Bennett of Flash!  He was a flat-mate of Chris Squire in London, and they seemed to cross-pollenate each other's style!  Here, dig! 

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123