Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinion of the band - Unreal City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prog_traveller!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your opinion of the band - Unreal City
    Posted: November 23 2021 at 07:55
The discovery of this band was one of the very important and dear moments for me. To enter the world of this band means to enter the world of brilliant progressive rock in which all the elements of our dear music are woven. Layers and layers of beautiful keyboards, take us into the world of an eclectic symphonic story.

Unreal City are a group from Parma founded by keyboardist and singer Emanuele Tarasconi and guitarist Francesca Zanetta. After a short EP, which already gave an idea of their good potential, after meeting Fabio Zuffanti (producer of the album and member of Höstsonaten, La Maschera Di Cera, Finisterre) in 2013 we have their first LP, La Crudeltà Di Aprile - The Cruelty of April. The title is a tribute to TS Eliot who, is the basis of the ideas of Unreal City. In fact, the first verse of the Waste Land says "April is the cruelest of months". In 2015 they made another fantastic album Il Paese del Tramonto, and after that series of live performances that have seen them play several times both in Europe and overseas have consecrated the band as one of the best realities of the current prog. Frammenti Notturni (2017), is a masterpiece of progressive rock for me.

BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2021 at 08:03
A band I always enjoy when I listen to them--and I've posted very favorable reviews of their albums--but I don't find myself remembering them or returning to their music very often. Also, since they kind of rose to prominence concurrently with La Coscienza di Zeno, I often meld the two bands together (though I listen to LCdZ albums/songs far more often than Unreal City's). Still, enjoyable, accomplished musicians and compositionally. In truth, I guess I'm not much of a RPI fan--it is not a subgenre that I seek out very often.

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2021 at 08:46
I love Unreal City. Especially their first 2 albums.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2021 at 10:21
My opinion is that they’re unreal

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2021 at 11:33
My opinion is that they are not a city. Their albums are definitely good, but not very accessible.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2021 at 16:26
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

My opinion is that they are not a city. Their albums are definitely good, but not very accessible.
Well, that is still better than definitely accessible but not very good LOL
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Sacro_Porgo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2021 at 16:47
I have La Crudelta and I think it's fantastic. Excellent material all the way through.
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2021 at 17:18
I love all three albums. They are one of my favorite bands, from my favorite subgenre.  I hope they find an outstanding new drummer.  Unreal City has one of the most impressive female guitarists in Progressive music. Her 2020 release by her band - Quel Che Disse Il Tuono was outstanding too!

Edited by omphaloskepsis - November 24 2021 at 07:17
FXM View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FXM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2021 at 04:50

They are superb - one of the best of the modern RPI bands.
Not sure why you consider them to be "not very accessible" they sound perfectly accessible to me.

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2021 at 04:54
Originally posted by FXM FXM wrote:

Not sure why you consider them to be "not very accessible" they sound perfectly accessible to me.

maybe he meant difficult to purchase or something. Confused
FXM View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FXM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2021 at 05:31
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
They are available on the band Bandcamp page, the Laser's Edge has the second and third albums in stock for example.

Their last album was released in 2017 - anybody know if they have plans to release a new album anytime in the near future?
felonafan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felonafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2021 at 06:59
one of the very good contemporary prog bands
prog_traveller!! View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prog_traveller!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2021 at 07:21

[/Q

[/QUOTE]
They are available on the band Bandcamp page, the Laser's Edge has the second and third albums in stock for example.

Their last album was released in 2017 - anybody know if they have plans to release a new album anytime in the near future?
[/QUOTE]

As far as I know they are currently working on their fourth album, but the release date is not yet known.
FXM View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FXM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2021 at 07:24
[/QUOTE]

As far as I know they are currently working on their fourth album, but the release date is not yet known.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info - I will be looking forward to the release of that.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2021 at 09:27
They certainly have a very special sound. I really like their music.
emisan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2021 at 12:38
In top 5 modern RPI bands, for sure.

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2021 at 14:17
I listened to their debut today, I enjoyed it. 
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2021 at 19:27
They are great, among the better new bands around.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2021 at 00:27
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

No, just not always easy to get into.
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2021 at 11:51
I like this band a lot, especially their first record. Quite outstanding for a young RPI band!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>